Flash buttons

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _*torrentfields_*

_*torrentfields_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:25 PM

I'm having a bit of trouble with buttons in flash... I'm pretty new to the program. See, I have it set where on the rollover state it has an animation (movie clip). But I don't know how to set it so that when you move your mouse off the button, it plays another animation, instead of just going back to the original state. I'm sure it's a fairly easy problem, thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

#2 _*theguid_*

_*theguid_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:57 AM

Been a while since I looked at Flash, but you would need to have an action on the button/clip for On Mouse Out (out, off, something like that) goto Frame xx. That should cause it to jump to a specific frame when you mouse off of it.
I think go to your actions panel then go 'Actions->movie control->on' and
then choose RollOut from the dropdown list. Then in the parameter area of the function choose 'Actions->movie control->Goto And Play' and then just punch the frame numberyou want into the argument.

#3 TikiMan02

TikiMan02

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:17 PM

well u might want to do this
in the actions panel of the button which can be opened from right clicking the button on the stage
on(release) {
gotoAndPlay(put the frame number of the first frame of ur animation here);
}
then on the actions panel of the whole frame put this code
stop()

#4 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 07:42 PM

i do it by making a button. but have nothing in the up, over, and down and only have a hit frame. then put what you want in your up frame on a new movieclip ( on the main timeline on a lyer above the hit). then double click and go inside that movie clip and add a stop to frame 1. (your up frame) then in frame 2 put what you want the button to do when u roll over it (keep it short, if its long it wont work)then add a stop action in the last frame you have now. then make the next frames the foll out frames and keep them short also.

now go back to the main timeline and click on the hit button. and add this code.

on (rollOver) {
_root.home.gotoAndPlay(2);
}
on (rollOut) {
_root.home.gotoAndPlay(10);
}
on (release) {
getURL("home.htm");
}

now replace the rollout frame number of the frame after the rollover. and then put where u want it to go when u release the current code takes you to the home.htm page replace that with where u wanna go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users