6 replies to this topic

#1 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:12 PM

The 1st session will start from August 4th, 2006. For those of you who are curious on what topics we will address in this course, please check the Course Schedule.

For other questions, please see FAQ on this course. If you have any technical and class related questions, please feel free to post them to the class alias, [email protected].

Read More:

#2 Net-Margin

Net-Margin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:My main interests would have to be general computing and digital imaging; but I also enjoy Website Design and animation.<br /><br />Away from the computer I enjoy watching Science programs and astronomy.<br /><br />My main skills would have to be XHTML and Web Marketing but I also have good knowledge in CSS, Search Engine Optimization and Javascript.<br /><br />I own the Macromedia Studio 8 which I believe is one of the best packages ever. I also use Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition.

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

I signed up for this a few days ago to see what it was like and to see if I could learn some more AJAX but I seem not to be getting any e-mails with tutorials but spam and foreign spam, which all have [AJAX Workshop] subject names.

I never get spam as the only e-mails I sign up for are SitePoint, ZoneLabs and Microsoft and it was the day I signed up for this that they started,

I have recieved 42 today and it's getting extremely boring. Just a warning.

#3 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

I signed up for this a few days ago to see what it was like and to see if I could learn some more AJAX but I seem not to be getting any e-mails with tutorials but spam and foreign spam, which all have [AJAX Workshop] subject names.

I never get spam as the only e-mails I sign up for are SitePoint, ZoneLabs and Microsoft and it was the day I signed up for this that they started,

Spammers always hit mailing lists that's the sad part about Yahoo Groups or any type of stuff done like this, if your not happy unsubscribe.

#4 Net-Margin

Net-Margin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:My main interests would have to be general computing and digital imaging; but I also enjoy Website Design and animation.<br /><br />Away from the computer I enjoy watching Science programs and astronomy.<br /><br />My main skills would have to be XHTML and Web Marketing but I also have good knowledge in CSS, Search Engine Optimization and Javascript.<br /><br />I own the Macromedia Studio 8 which I believe is one of the best packages ever. I also use Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition.

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:48 PM

Spammers always hit mailing lists that's the sad part about Yahoo Groups or any type of stuff done like this, if your not happy unsubscribe.

I want to see the course, I just have never had experience with this vast amount of spam and wondered if anyone else had any. I will probably filter it all to go into junk mail when I get the next lot.

#5 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:53 PM

Net-Margin I never signed upto this myself so unsure on what your getting in spam but I know a few that have signed onto this so I'll check and see if they're getting spam if they are I'll remove this topic off the forums.

As I said Yahoo Groups is well known for this, I'm signed into several groups occasionally the odd spam comes through but it's upto the Group Moderators to have all replies on moderation and as I don't know how he's set his group up it could be just a setup fault it would say if they're coming from the group does it not?

#6 Net-Margin

Net-Margin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:25 AM

Yes it said at the bottom of the E-mail that it was from Yahoo Groups and had an option to unsuscribe which I had to do as the spam was getting way to much and I got one e-mail which said:

I too am from Rio in brazil and would like to know about XMLHTTPRequest.

Which is nothing to do with learning AJAX and was annoying, I hope it's not just a bunch of spam though.

#7 kalcium kid

kalcium kid

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:02 AM

I'll definetly sign up to this but ill use my spam account, dammit i hate spam >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users