www.1337Networks.com
Is a new hosting website/forum.
We offer great hosting "Free"
The site is owned and runed by [b]Grim Coder

Give me your feedback...
What could be better?
Colors?
Theme?

Edited by CrazedLlama, 26 May 2007 - 08:40 PM.

#2 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

edited

Edited by Matheus, 27 May 2007 - 12:45 PM.

#3 CrazedLlama

CrazedLlama

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music, Guitar, Basketball

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

Nah, im asking for Feedback and also decided to tell alittle more about the site but ull edit it.

#4 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

isn't very recomendable that you post business information here, as it's nothing to due with feedback

about the website:
I wouldn't recomend that you use the name 1337networks, it's not a professional name
the navigation at the top is nice, but there is a little space between each button that you could avoid.
I see a problem on having no logotype at all and the header it's pure text. The layout looks like a blog.
The page it self doesn't show any cathy information that would make me buy your hosting plan, istead, I see a "posting" plan... what's a posting plan?
Also, there is a stock picture of some people, that doesn't fite the layout and makes no sense to me. I mean, why there is a crew picture on the front? In the about page there is less text then in the front!

And, the gran finalle mistake, I visted your forum and what I see? a slogan with the text: "Hosting for broke people".
I belive you won't get much costumers.

See how a hosting website design look like:
http://www.mediatemple.com

#5 genozider

genozider

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:52 AM

80% chance if anyone need to host things , they will nv find you coz of the content.

#6 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:58 AM

I absolutely hate hosting companies that limit the number of databases. Since I am paying for the space it is my right to have any number of databases I want as long as it is within my hosting space. Companies that limit database get up my nose. Also you are expensive. The template is nothing to write home about either sorry.

#7 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:39 AM

I absolutely hate hosting companies that limit the number of databases. Since I am paying for the space it is my right to have any number of databases I want as long as it is within my hosting space. Companies that limit database get up my nose. Also you are expensive. The template is nothing to write home about either sorry.

Ive seen shared hosting companies do this. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the address for the database being the same for all users, just the db names are unique. They limit so there are still a decent number of database names available for all users.

I might be totally wrong on this, but *shrug*

Also, I'm not sure if databases are always stored in the same spot as your website directory.

#8 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

Pax, the hosting I use is shared and I have an unlimited amount of databases. I have 200gb and the databases are part of the makeup of what space I have. The databases are created with my login name in front, IE: login_database and from that login name you can set up a space count deduct that from the hosting space allowed. I also only pay $US60 a year for that.

#9 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:44 PM

Pax, the hosting I use is shared and I have an unlimited amount of databases. I have 200gb and the databases are part of the makeup of what space I have. The databases are created with my login name in front, IE: login_database and from that login name you can set up a space count deduct that from the hosting space allowed. I also only pay $US60 a year for that.

Thats how my hosting works as well, and that is how shared hosting should work.

However, IMO, it doesn't really matter if they limit the number of databases that I have. Lets say I am able to have 100 databases, and we'll say 2 db's per site (even though most simple sites will only use 1). Thats 50 different websites on one hosting plan -- probably with 1-2 TB of bandwidth. If your sites are getting a half decent amount of visitors, you're going to be needing dedicated hosting for some of them, or have the hosted on multiple shared plans. Now you still have a bunch of databases to play with.

I've learned to not be as concerned with the numbers you get in your package. "Unlimited" space and bandwidth is great to say, but really serves no point when your site is down 25% of the time. I pay $20/month US for my hosting, which is on the higher end of the scale for shared hosting, but I know that I'm getting top of the line hosting from a well respected company in the hosting industry. I know the tech support is fantastic and that if I ever need anything, I'll have quick access to someone who will know how to fix my problem, and won't turn me away because of "3rd party" crap.

#10 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

I hear you Pax.. but for me being a developer I need unlimited databases as I like to place previews online for clients to keep a check on how things are going. That could amount to a large number of databases some times (however temp), so unlimited is really a must as I also do some opensource projects as well.
I am thinking of a dedicated server in the future, and since my hoster has their own farm and not a crappy reseller they have that option. But the costs do not warrant just yet.

#11 Slashman X

Slashman X

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:59 PM

Using a free template i see, shouldnt there be a copyright for that :lol:

And i agree about the number of db's up that to at least 20 and you'll have a good deal

#12 CrazedLlama

CrazedLlama

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:52 PM

1337Networks now has a new template, different posts goals, way better hosting with Cpanel 11...
What do you guys think about it?
Looks cooler?

#13 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

blank for me...

#14 Tarquin

Tarquin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I'm a huge Crystal Palace fan (Soccer team in England for you Americans)

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:37 AM

Im surprised no one has mentioned this yet but... GET RID OF THAT BLOODY MUSIC.

#15 CrazedLlama

CrazedLlama

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

Lol @ Tarquin, is the music that bad? I will get rid of it as soon as i talk to the owner.
Thanks.
ANybody else?

@albino, it works great for me.. Are you using FF or IE? Or any other browser?

#16 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Football, Manchester United FC, Seeing the World, Music and tons more other stuff.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:05 PM

Won't load for me.

#17 Adam Sheridan

Adam Sheridan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Web Development, Graphic Design and Corporate Identity.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

I agree with matheus on the Name. I went on the website looked at the layout thought "professional" then saw the name and graphic at the top and started laughing.

I honestly couldn't see the people in the stock images chanting "1337 NETWORKS!".

- Adam

#18 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:52 AM

The layout is good but the background music and the name is off-putting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users