15 replies to this topic

#1 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:39 AM

Hey people, my first post apart from my introduction and it's also my first proper Website that I've made from scratch. It's a cosmetic website, not all the pages are filled yet, since I am waiting for some more content.

Here it is: http://www.beautystudiohowe.de

Yes I know it's in german, but it's about the layout and web-design it's self =)

I added a last touch to it yesterday, being possible to change the colour in 4different ways.

#2 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii & PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:55 AM

It popped out a little annoying window at me!

I think overall the site looks pretty good. A couple things I noticed is around the circles next to the menu it's a little pixelated. Also is seems that the header white part isn't quite lined up with the rest of the yellow of the site. I think it's just the white of the graphic sticking out too far.

Aside from those technical details I think it looks good.

#3 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

It popped out a little annoying window at me!

I think overall the site looks pretty good. A couple things I noticed is around the circles next to the menu it's a little pixelated. Also is seems that the header white part isn't quite lined up with the rest of the yellow of the site. I think it's just the white of the graphic sticking out too far.

Aside from those technical details I think it looks good.

Thanks, I'll adjust it all and re-post when done, do you guys think I should stick with one colour or keep the "cool" feature and let people decide for themselves? ^^ By the way, the Cosmetic Place belongs to my mum =P Anyone want a pedicure manicure? Anybody? I'll get you percentage? lol...

-Greetz from Germany-

Lookin' for some more feedback

#4 madMUHHH

madMUHHH

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Things.

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:05 PM

Woah!!! Ein deutscher!

I pretty much like the site, but it seems to me that you worked with too many images. Maybe you could have avoided some of them with a bit more coding.

#5 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:42 PM

AAAAGGGHHHH! *runs away waving arms in air* I loath popups and normally just leave a site with those.
But once you get rid of that not too bad. Why are you using a popup for one of your links?

#6 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

@ madMUHHH

Ja ein Deutscher^^

What do you mean by too many pictures, I only used the one?

@ Creative Insanity

I thought it'd be the best way to bring up the pricelist, I am just looking at buying some decent web-space, without any pop-ups itself.

#7 madMUHHH

madMUHHH

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Things.

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:50 AM

@ madMUHHH

Ja ein Deutscher^^

What do you mean by too many pictures, I only used the one?

Umm, okay it's just one. But I think this isn't a good idea either. What your page really would need is a rollover for the navigation buttons.

#8 SatanicPenguins

SatanicPenguins

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop, Web Design, Graphic Design, Internet.

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:45 AM

its usually not a good idea for over 50% (some could argue 10% or less) of the website to be images, And one huge image only makes it worse.

Not to be harsh but your page seems like a page that hasn't even been coded yet. like you just saved ass and threw it up on a server as a mockup for yourself, before sending it to the "coding guys" lol.

#9 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:49 AM

its usually not a good idea for over 50% (some could argue 10% or less) of the website to be images, And one huge image only makes it worse.

Not to be harsh but your page seems like a page that hasn't even been coded yet. like you just saved ass and threw it up on a server as a mockup for yourself, before sending it to the "coding guys" lol.

Well what do you suggest I do with the code? I mean, should I slice the entire thing or what?

I'm quite new to the whole thing and don't have much experience that's true but I didn't just chuck it on the server^^

#10 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:09 AM

Nevermind, I`ve figured out a big mistake I made, I was having trouble with the background and the background pattern was like 12.6 mb... Yes I am ashamed of myself! ;)

It's now like 1.4kb xD

I'll repost a final result when I've gotten everything done today:

Buttons
Centralized
Pattern - Background

I'll then think about making roll-over images.

#11 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:37 AM

Right, the page should load a heck of a lot quicker, everything has been centralized, the buttons to switch colours has been changed, they no longer look pixelated.

Check it out and I'm open for some more critique and comments

http://www.beautystudiohowe.de

#12 SatanicPenguins

SatanicPenguins

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:47 AM

Much better than it was

#13 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii & PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:21 AM

I still have a window fly in from the left when I load it. Everything else is looking a lot better though!

#14 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:49 AM

That's because the webspace is free. I'm planning on ordering some webspace very soon to prohibit that happening :angrylooking:

I just have to upload the counter new again now, because the host didn't like me taking their advertisement off :flowers:.. Or does do you think anyone here would know a script for a counter (today/yesterday/(month maybe)/total? I certainly can't do that, but I'm looking for one.

#15 SatanicPenguins

SatanicPenguins

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:56 AM

If i was you i would just use Google Analytics as a 'counter', http://www.google.com/analytics

Screw today/yesterday/month/total, its got GRAPHS MY GOD!.... GRAPHS! :angrylooking:

#16 affenmunkEY

affenmunkEY

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:26 AM

If i was you i would just use Google Analytics as a 'counter', http://www.google.com/analytics

Screw today/yesterday/month/total, its got GRAPHS MY GOD!.... GRAPHS! :angrylooking:

Should I add the tracker to every page or just the index of each colour?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users