• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 BradyValentino

BradyValentino

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Web design and development. Photography. Astronomy.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

http://bvphotography.ca

After designing, re-designing, coding, and re-coding, I finally re-launched my blog.

#2 Jonhc

Jonhc

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Web design, Web Standards, BMX, Hardcore

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:04 AM

Hi Brady, my names John, your site reminds me a lot of the Mac site, maybe a good thing?

I think the colours you've used for your buttons let the site down a lot, there so drab and boring, maybe try something like #727272 to #9e9e9e for a little bit more 'umph' the text on them is to light for the effect your trying to give, and when rolled over, the 'Home' and 'Contact' rollovers sit out by a few pixels.

You've got purple in your logo but further down the page your using a green colour which doesn't really go and again looks very faint and boring. I think changing it to a lighter purple might help the site a bit more.

Also I would have no idea you were a photographer if I stumbled upon your site somehow, maybe make a small logo with a camera or something, or make custom date bits for Wordpress (like here - www.eatoutindurham.com) and put a camera of poloroid film behind it for the date?

I think the site has potential it just needs re-vamping and some colour injecting!

#3 Nick

Nick

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

You should set the background to white (assuming you want it white based on the header image) in the body{} css because my computer's theme doesn't set background to white, it is grey, so everthing on your site is grey to me, except images with white backgrounds. I don't know if the same is true for windows and mac viewers, but that's how it works in linux. I'll show you a picture to show you what I'm talking about.

Attached File  Screenshot_BVPhotography.png   123.7KB   58 downloads

This could just be me and my browser... But still, looking at the css, I'd put the add "background:white;" to the body{}

#4 BradyValentino

BradyValentino

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Web design and development. Photography. Astronomy.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

Alright, thanks Nick. Fixed now. :)

--Edit--
Made some significant changes, mostly stuff for me that visitors can't see, but still a lot of changes.

Edited by BradyValentino, 15 May 2008 - 11:06 PM.

#5 jumbosheep

jumbosheep

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:58 PM

looks very nice :biggrin: keep up the good work!

#6 raidsilver

raidsilver

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

It's good, I will say. It seems bland, and only having a small splash of purples doesn't support it too much.

BTW: The third design you questioned is best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users