#1 CyrusWu

CyrusWu

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

Hello,

I've recently just released my arcade site. I have been working on for a while. The arcade site is almost done but there are still parts that need to be done.

Opinions?

Link:
http://www.falloutarcade.com/

P.S. I need a slogan.

#2 Orkane

Orkane

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Computing , Mountain biking, Xbox360, Firetwirling, Hooning

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

Looks good, i actually thought it was going to be fallout the game, like the first one or something... ohwell... lol good job anyway :)

#3 CyrusWu

CyrusWu

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for your opinion but some negatives about FalloutArcade might help me.

#4 PixelHiveDesign

PixelHiveDesign

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hey was reading down through the posts on here after posting my arcade site for review. My site: www.spraygames.com Think we are using the same script, I choose a different route for my design. I'll give u a review, u give me one? Either way, here's my review:

* Good Title
* Nice clean design, feels like a blog.
* Featured is good but there is a problem with the rotating script. I'm using latest firefox. When next game loads it flashes below the current featured game, then pops into place. Because of that the whole page jumps every 8 seconds or so. Also need some padding between the featured game icon and the game title / description.
* You have 590 games but your homepage does not present that feeling at all. Games page does a good job though.
* Full games list is good idea but poorly executed, needs at least some basic organization.
* Site map may be ok for bots but for us humans... its a mess.
* Make game icons link to the game.
* Membership verification email name says "(Unknown sender)" and the email says "Thank you for registering on Crap Village".... not joking.

Let me know if there is anything else you want me to look at specifically.

#5 CyrusWu

CyrusWu

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hey was reading down through the posts on here after posting my arcade site for review. My site: www.spraygames.com Think we are using the same script, I choose a different route for my design. I'll give u a review, u give me one? Either way, here's my review:

* Good Title
* Nice clean design, feels like a blog.
* Featured is good but there is a problem with the rotating script. I'm using latest firefox. When next game loads it flashes below the current featured game, then pops into place. Because of that the whole page jumps every 8 seconds or so. Also need some padding between the featured game icon and the game title / description.
* You have 590 games but your homepage does not present that feeling at all. Games page does a good job though.
* Full games list is good idea but poorly executed, needs at least some basic organization.
* Site map may be ok for bots but for us humans... its a mess.
* Make game icons link to the game.
* Membership verification email name says "(Unknown sender)" and the email says "Thank you for registering on Crap Village".... not joking.

Let me know if there is anything else you want me to look at specifically.

Well, FalloutArcade does not use a package script like AvArcade and etc. So, I can't see your site having the same script as us. Also, what should I do with the full games list. I also fixed the membership verifcation thingy.

Anyways, Thanks for the suggestions.

Now this does look good!

I love the layout and the colours, it's almost as if it shouldnt be an arcade website, but you have made it work somehow!

Awesome layout and navigation, the games are presented well and categorized well too!

What you need to remember is that online arcades pop up and die out all the time on the internet, all generic, all the same layout and design, but I think what you have done here is quite different and very unique, visually. Maybe you need to get a few Flash buddies and start creating your own games, because thats what seperates the pros from the norms these days dude :)

Overall, i'd give it an 8/10.

Thanks for the feedback and maybe I should learn some flash.

Thanks,
Cyrus Kafai Wu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users