Photo
- - - - -

Im getting really desprate and year on and only...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fblade1987

Fblade1987

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:29 PM

Guys i really need your help with my site, as i have had it nearly a year now and i've only had an handful of vistors and which i really annoying me beacuse i've tried everything making Affiletes, changing content the best i can to be as unique as possible but still be in my knowledge, getting friends to ask friends and so on......

and nothing seems to be happening and as i am wanting to take this side on as a carrer when i finish higher ed, i'm really starting to have my doubts about it as it's a really confident dranner. it also dosnt help me having dyslexia i really am sure the putting ppl off.

what i ask of you is could help throw some orginalish, or good ideas my way just get me on my way, as i really want to get my site with a bit more active members, im not asking for an idea that gets me as popular as p2l, just something that im happy with.

what i have on the site at moment!

Homepage - personal information/portfolio
Forums - a tech and creativity place, with odd comp and stuff

Please help me as i feel at the moment im wasting my time with webdesign( i know this may sound really stupid, but its making me feel really down as it's anouther thing that im doubting myself about)

Thanks
Matthew De'loughry

#2 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:39 PM

I'm sure lots of people here would love to help.....if you told us what your site was!!!!

Put taht up there, and then people will start helping!

#3 Fblade1987

Fblade1987

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:44 PM

Hey sorry well my site is IDarkness.co.uk

also therers a link on my sig so please help

#4 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:37 AM

Have you done any sort of marketing, link exchanging with other webmasters, etc? Have you optimized your site for search engines? :)

#5 Fblade1987

Fblade1987

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:54 AM

on previous layouts i had done, this is new layout so not really yet, but even with when i optimized and exchanged my site it really dint have any help!

#6 Fblade1987

Fblade1987

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:01 PM

any more help please as i really wanna see a samll diffrence before im due to pay again

#7 z77

z77

Content Contributor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Art, Computers, Goldfish, Church, Pizza, Ice Cream, Frisbee, Paintball, PHP, C4D, Photoshop, Friends :)

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:17 PM

I just took a look at your site, and I could give you a few pointers if you would like. Keep in mind that these are just suggestions, and will not immediately bring results to your site:

Here is a small list of points I made:

- Confusing Navigation. You have 3 different navigations (2 of which are horizontal navs) stacked one on top of another. None of the themes of any of these navigations match another, and may be confusing to some viewers. It may be best to stick with one horizontal and one vertical nav, each closely matching the theme of the site.

- Themed pages. Right now, you have a forum, a chat, a and a portfolio page, all of which have a dramatically different theme. It is hard to brand something such as a portfolio site which constantly changes its look.

- More on site content. This kind of goes hand in hand with the themes. I believe if you had more of your content on your actual site rather than an installed album or flash based chatroom, you would get more traffic to your main site. Possibly even make a tutorial section on your website rather than posting them in the forums.

- Forums lack places to talk. If you want more activity in your forums, give your members a place to chat about various things, an introductory forum, and maybe a General Discussion Forum.

- Content is King! The best way to get more traffic is to get more unique, high quality content on your site! Once you have good content, more people will be willing to link to you, which generally means increased traffic!

There are just some things I would suggest. You could also try reading some of the Articles posted here in the P2L Forums. Donna is pretty good at finding interesting and helpful resources for improving web pages:

http://www.pixel2lif...hp?showforum=13

Good Luck!

#8 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:19 AM

http://www.IDarkness.co.uk

Doesn't even load for me...

Faken

#9 Slugger

Slugger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:02 AM

http://www.IDarkness.co.uk

Doesn't even load for me...

Faken

I'm with Faken, it looks like the page is still under construction?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users