2 replies to this topic

#1 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:47 AM

I've been playing with this program and it's really cool. Easily take a 3d object and make it interactive for the web. You can even put hotspots on the item to click on to start animations or move parts or do all kinds of stuff. Here is my first stab at it, very basic no frills..
3d cube
It's the shareware version so it has lots of little quirks about it.. I normally produced these kinds of things in shockwave but this program produces a java applet and gives so much more functionality, check it out
The program is Demicron's WireFusion at demicron.com

#2 z77

z77

Content Contributor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Art, Computers, Goldfish, Church, Pizza, Ice Cream, Frisbee, Paintball, PHP, C4D, Photoshop, Friends :)

Posted 30 September 2004 - 05:23 PM

Cinema 4D lets you export to quicktime every frame surronding an object so that you can do this same thing, except without all the quirks :)

im guessing most 3d programs are adding this feature as well. Ive used it before with my logo.

#3 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:58 PM

Yeah but quicktime you cannot make the objects interactive. You can export it for shockwave where you can rotate and zoom with your object, but with this you can actually make it like an interactive working object. When you import it the object isnt just a solid object, it keeps all its properties and working parts. Like with the gamecube you could make the buttons pressable and make the lid open and have the lights light up...it's limitless in what it can do.
Here are some examples:
cateye copmuter
You can click the buttons and it changes the functions on the screen.

jvc camera
Camera with all of its joints and parts still functional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users