#21 Tasha

Tasha

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:27 PM

Amazing....!
I commnted on briteny spears one a while back...

You can't have done lol, it's only been up since sunday. :o Whats your deviantart account name?

haha, I hope I might win, people have to vote though, and they mostly vote for the one with the most modifications or whatever, or the person they like most. Oh well. :P

#22 RuBix

RuBix

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:55 PM

haha, I hope I might win, people have to vote though, and they mostly vote for the one with the most modifications or whatever, or the person they like most. Oh well. :o

I don't think you could do anymore modifications to your second one, it's looking good and you've done so much for it.

#23 Tirus

Tirus

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Music, Martial Arts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:37 PM

wow, just wow.
the britney spears one is very nice, but the second is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

i wish i could learn to properly use the pen tool and create something half as good as your second piece. Very detailed and amazing job on the necklace.

Definitely a winner, without a doubt!

#24 Tasha

Tasha

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:11 PM

wow, just wow.
the britney spears one is very nice, but the second is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

i wish i could learn to properly use the pen tool and create something half as good as your second piece. Very detailed and amazing job on the necklace.

Definitely a winner, without a doubt!

thank you so much, it is very time consuming, and requires a lot of patience to learn, but in the end it's all good. :lol:

#25 Mr. Matt

Mr. Matt

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:17 PM

you should give us the link so we can go and vote for u :lol:

#26 Tasha

Tasha

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 06:19 AM

you should give us the link so we can go and vote for u :P

haha, well, it's going to be on www.vexels.net, but the competition doesnt finish for a couple of weeks, afaik, so the poll won't be up yet. :D

#27 Silwolffe

Silwolffe

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:38 PM

Then that is fairly amazing; you could do vector work professionally.

#28 mixphoto

mixphoto

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:23 PM

Nice vector art!
The colors look great.

#29 jat543

jat543

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:44 PM

umm they look great just one thing, i think u should smooth out the transitions between colors a little more cause it kinda looks like a terrain map since each color is like its own seperate ring, maybe blur it a little or smudge so the color seperations dont have such sharp edges too them nice job overall

#30 -Michael-

-Michael-

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:48 PM

If you smudge, it's not a vector...

#31 simpl3

simpl3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:58 PM

could you host them on like imageshack and post them, cuz my browser wont open the page from the link...

#32 Tasha

Tasha

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:00 PM

umm they look great just one thing, i think u should smooth out the transitions between colors a little more cause it kinda looks like a terrain map since each color is like its own seperate ring, maybe blur it a little or smudge so the color seperations dont have such sharp edges too them nice job overall

Yeah, i'm working on things like that, shoulda seen my first vector, lol. I'm still getting better at getting skin smoother... And I wouldn't say it's that bad of a colour transition between them. o.o

If you smudge, it's not a vector...

that's what I was gonna say.

could you host them on like imageshack and post them, cuz my browser wont open the page from the link...

Here ya go. :huh:

http://img249.images...bytasha255q.png

http://img249.images...ytasha250eg.png

#33 jat543

jat543

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:52 PM

who needs to know if u snuck a little smudge in there haha :) :)

#34 simpl3

simpl3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:20 PM

thx, theyre awesome!

#35 RiversCalm

RiversCalm

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Fave Bands: Tool, Mad Capsule Markets, Alexisonfire, A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Killswitch Engage, The Cure, Lamb Of God, Nine Inch Nails, Funeral For A Friend.<br><br>Fave Games: Final Fantasy, Burnout, Pro Evolution Soccer.<br><br>Fave Films: Battle Royale, Shawshank Redemption, Ringu, 2002, Sphere.

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:55 AM

they are pretty good i like the second one best.

question...

do you use a photo on a base layer and trace from it or do you work from like a magazine picture? im intrigued as i can only vector using this method...

Good luck with the contest!

Dave

#36 Tasha

Tasha

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:17 PM

I use a photo on the bace layer, and kinda loosely trace it, meaning it's not their a quite a bit of the time I'm working. :)
I'm gonna try and start doing it from nothing lol, but that'll be hard.

#37 Wazzup

Wazzup

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:06 PM

I'm kind of in denial with myself on the "No-Name" necklace; it looks too realistic; as does the eyes.

If they're true vectors, then I would have to say great work; they're amazing.

It is certainly a vector, I can assure you. I might provide close-ups soon. :)

they are absolutetly gorgeous, and i know how much work this must have been. But i have 1 question: what is the point vectorizing images like that when you can do 90% of that using auto trace in illustrator cs2?

Erm, having using the illustrator trace tool, you can't get the same effect at all! I've tried it on several images when I had the trial, and the effects are simply black and white lines, I'm sure they were... :D

Thanks a lot all. ;)

Well you havent checked it out fully then, I'll show u an image done with the auto trace option. please do not see that as a sign of disrespect for your work or something. I know how much work that must have been, And, when i picture is turned into vector by hand you can always end up with a better picture, because you have full control of the shapes. But just to show you what a picture vectorized with auto trace looks like:
Image:Posted Image
vectorized (4 real i can prove, no cutout in photoshop or something):
Posted Image

And this isn't even the most detail illustrator can give. Like i said I stil think yours is prettier, but i just wanted to show you this, you could always use this as a base image and ajust things by hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users