Wait until you eventually see these...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _*Garzlok_*

_*Garzlok_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2003 - 08:35 AM

OMG, I can’t wait to share some of my early work. It’s friggin’ antiquated. You’ll have to excuse me, but I have to set-up the story.

This is back in ’97. I just spent close to 20 Grand on a wedding and honeymoon, and I was only making about 18 Grand per year. My buddy wanted me to join his band as a vocalist. Though I enjoyed singing, the other vocalist sucked and I couldn’t harmonize with the guy, so I got bored. The drummer was a bass player also, and he had his bass there. Never playing a musical instrument (save a months worth of piano lessons) I picked the bass up and taught myself how to play. Well, we started getting gigs locally, and started to get a loyal following of 100-150 people. We needed a website so we could communicate with our listeners and tell them when and where the next show would be. Though I didn’t have a computer or money to buy a computer I was the only one willing to learn HTML and all that was needed to build a site.

Because we are an original band, it’s not like I could go and steal artwork. So, I didn’t have a computer and I had to drive 25 minutes to my friend’s house to use his. I didn’t have money to buy Photoshop, and my buddy wasn’t about to pony-up the cash. Guess what I had to work with? … If you guessed MS Paint and (luckily) MS Photo Editor, you would be right! Talk about powerful tools.

I just thought about these wonderful pieces of work today, and my co-workers are looking at me strangely as I laugh.

I need to transfer these images to my personal PC. Once I do that I can upload them onto my server and I’ll link them as images, but I won’t be able to keep them there long. (If you can Faken email me, and I’ll reply with the images attached. I only have 10MB’s of space and I like to save the room for family pics so relatives and friends can view and save. If you can, I would be much obliged.)

-Garz

#2 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 09:09 AM

Haha... This I gotta see.. email them to me at [email protected] and I'll host them for a bit for you :)

Faken

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 01:46 PM

And here they are...

Posted Image

Posted Image

:) Outstanding! :) These are great!

Faken

#4 _*Garzlok_*

_*Garzlok_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2003 - 02:46 PM

And here they are...

:) Outstanding! :)  These are great!

Faken

Thanks! I can’t even begin to count the hours that those two images took me to create.

The cartoon image was an actual picture. I opened the picture in MS Paint and worked off of two files. The one file I used the Eraser button to delete the background and the foreground of the article I was painting. I would then use the Pick Color button to choose the most “dominating” color of the article I was going to paint from the other file. Then I just used the Fill button to color in the spaces that I had just erased. I got the nice effect of proportional caricatures with “realistic” skin tones. (Yes, I’m that pasty cream color in real life) The frame around the caricatures was from MS Photo Editor if memory serves me correctly.

The road sign was a complete pain in the arse! First I studied Highway signs, which is pretty damned hard when you’re doing 65mph, and keeping an eye on the idiots around you. I then made the sign (no lettering). That was easy. The bitch came when I added the spot light effect. It was trial and error with finding the right colors for the gradient I wanted to create, and then working on the gradient on its own. I worked on that thing pixel by pixel at 8X.

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 02:54 PM

:) That's just plain sick... (Pixel by Pixel). Nice job though :)

Faken

#6 _*WOODS_*

_*WOODS_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:21 AM

pixel bypixel, omg the countless hours of eyesores boggles my mind
:( ;)

#7 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:23 AM

Hi Woods ;) <3

Faken

#8 _*WOODS_*

_*WOODS_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2004 - 01:24 AM

hiya Faken, still finding my way around the site, :lol: it tho

#9 _*=NfM- Malice_*

_*=NfM- Malice_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2004 - 12:12 PM

Garz.. Those pictures are friggin AWESOME...

Hell.. Ic ant even do that with Photoshop CS... :unsure:

#10 _*josh_*

_*josh_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2004 - 07:47 PM

haha, thats awesome for mspaint.

#11 _*Rich_*

_*Rich_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:41 PM

i suck at mspaint :) im not even going to try!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users