4 replies to this topic

#1 Sygon

Sygon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:55 AM

Hey guys, i just designed a template for a competition for this site called sitepoint.com.au
I dont think my design is very good but i would just to see what you think, all i would like you to do is critique the design, not the coding because i spent 1 minute on it, So bare with it lol

Heres the link:

sygon.monsterhost.org/tiemancomp/

Thanks

- Sy

#2 Nike

Nike

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Controlling the human and and duck race.

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:39 PM

Pretty sweet. Is that for anyone specific? Or is it just practice for you? But I don't really like How it has the letters on the side. Just because there is two S's. I dunno. I'm weird. Good job anyways.

#3 Sygon

Sygon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:10 AM

yes tieman.com.au it was a competition on a forum, so ill check who won now, thanks for feedback
-
Sy

#4 greg

greg

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Fine art, web and graphic design, naval architecture, chess, and sports.

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:01 AM

I'd take away the initials. Also, there are a lot of things misaligned; the logo is wider than the menu, and the truck image is narrower than the rest of the content. I'd also move down the horizontal navigation so that it is on the same level as the first link on the left menu.

Edited by greg, 30 January 2006 - 08:01 AM.

#5 DanWilliamson

DanWilliamson

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:17 PM

Hey,

I'm not to overkeen on the layout but it's not my sort of layout. You could have kept it simpler for the kind of site it would be for.

People on these kind of sites don't go for the design aspect they go for accessibility and content. So maybe touch a few things up and it' will be pretty good.

- Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users