8 replies to this topic

#1 kazaru-kun

kazaru-kun

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:33 PM

http://808blogs.com/ my latest project is getting ready for it's launch eta is febuary 20th but before that time i need to make sure it is in perfect visual and working order, :unsure:

But first a little intro to the site! http://808blogs.com is a free service that allows it's user to create and manage their very own blog, similar to the services provided by blogger, livejournal, and xanga. some of the feature that separate us from sites like xanga, or blogger is the ability to make post from your email or email enabled cell phone, customizable templates to make your blog look the way you want(you can pretty much design the whole thing). photo albums and more. The service is created to target hawaii resident but don't worry any one can join. ^_^

Now unto the part where I beg for your help.

the system needs to be tested and i need as much feedback as i can get so that by launch time I'll be ready.

So if you'd like to be a beta tester head over to http://808blogs.com, sign up and start blogging ,from there you can make all your suggestions and or report any bugs via the support link inside your control panel. reward for being a valuable beta tester will be a free upgraded account with 500 mb storage and all ads removed, but this is only for those whom i find have helped me out in a significant way, and i deem valuable tester.

if you do not want to participate in the beta but you have valuable comments or criticism please post them here.

thank you all in advance, special thanks to p2l for their great services :blush: ,

http://808blogs.com

Edited by kazaru-kun, 13 February 2006 - 04:52 PM.

#2 Nike

Nike

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Controlling the human and and duck race.

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

Are you gonna have 808blogs.com all over the blog?

#3 kazaru-kun

kazaru-kun

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:57 PM

all free accounts will have a user bar that says 808blogs, beta testers who have contributed will recieve an account with no signs of affilliation.

#4 meadow

meadow

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Php, Hockey, mysql, web design.

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:54 AM

I really like it, the deisgn is really clean and the colours are nice and vibrant, great graphics too. However, I think with the signing up you shouldn't have the second page with the personal details, and they should be an option once you have registered. The user interface is really nice though once you login, great work.

#5 kazaru-kun

kazaru-kun

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:06 PM

thanks guys i'll work on those suggestions, cssnoob as for not having adverts during beta.

I would like to test the system out thouroughly this includes the advertisements and user bar. though chances are sliim things can go wrong with them and it's better to catch it now than later

#6 codie

codie

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, graphic design, computer games, GIRLS, going to movies, mountain biking, music, playing guitar, eating, traveling around the world and taking phtographs, thats all i can think of for now.

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:01 AM

My only concern is tht u will get sued as those icons look similar those of XP (i kno there not but they are very similar) great design tho except i myt add tht adding a gradient to those 5 px or so dividers myt just bring it to live ---[ this much more ]----

so keep thse things in mind and please take no offence

#7 kazaru-kun

kazaru-kun

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

The icons were from a free icon pack aquired from some random site, i highly doubt that I will be getting sued but, then again i have no idea where that site got them. As for the 4 px bars they are just css borders my goal for the site was tostill be graphically pleasing while saving bandwidth hence the only graphics are the banner and the icons

#8 codie

codie

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, graphic design, computer games, GIRLS, going to movies, mountain biking, music, playing guitar, eating, traveling around the world and taking phtographs, thats all i can think of for now.

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:55 AM

if you got your icons from a reliable source im sure they will be fine (ithought u mae them) and yes i can c wher u are going about usinf gradients but i just though u myt wantd to try it (u only need a 1px high file)

#9 Dh.

Dh.

CSS Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:16 AM

Very noce site, looks very proffesional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users