9 replies to this topic

#1 Nathanames

Nathanames

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:39 AM

Hi all, can you take a look at my site please. I created the design in photoshop and my bro helped my code it. :D Its a graphic design site and im looking for critique.

http://frz.aimzee.com/

Thanks,
Nathan :D

#2 Wybe

Wybe

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:I have no interests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

Try to give your site something unique :love: Beware with lots of gray scales, they tend to become boring when you visit the site more frequently.

#3 Nathanames

Nathanames

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:25 PM

Thanks mate for taking a look, im working on a way to reduce the amount of grey now, aswell as something unique. :P

#4 greg

greg

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Fine art, web and graphic design, naval architecture, chess, and sports.

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:14 PM

Anybody else getting a blank page?

#5 Nathanames

Nathanames

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:35 AM

Sorry mate, there is something up with my server. Im gonna contact serverseed now. Dunno whats up with it, FTP is fine, but every HTTP page on the site is blank. :ph34r:

#6 Nathanames

Nathanames

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

Fixed ! :D It was a small server error, all fixed now. Ive also updated the site again.

#7 Erik Bernskiold

Erik Bernskiold

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:I love to do booth Web Design and Photography. Nothing beats a nice day out in the nature with the camera gear, getting loads of nice photos. I have been playing the flute for 6 years now and I love it, and I am playing the pipe organ as well. I also like to teach other people the in and outs of software such as the CS3 suite from Adobe.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:12 PM

It is still a bit dull I must say. Make the rollover something else than black.

#8 greg

greg

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Fine art, web and graphic design, naval architecture, chess, and sports.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

The design just doesn't flow together. It looks like you took a bunch of gradient rectangles and fit them together and threw in content in the middle.

Everything is the same font size, so nothing is emphasized and the visitor can't focus on anything. The only exception is the menu, which has a smaller font. Here's a question: The menu is arguably the second most important thing on a site (after content). So why is its font so tiny, even smaller than the useless site stats?

Overall, I just don't like it. It looks loosely put together (like a bunch of mismatched puzzle pieces) and there's really nothing original in the design; almost as if you were trying to mimic something else. Sorry, just doesn't work for me.

#9 MAdEinUK1

MAdEinUK1

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:27 PM

The design just doesn't flow together. It looks like you took a bunch of gradient rectangles and fit them together and threw in content in the middle.

Everything is the same font size, so nothing is emphasized and the visitor can't focus on anything. The only exception is the menu, which has a smaller font. Here's a question: The menu is arguably the second most important thing on a site (after content). So why is its font so tiny, even smaller than the useless site stats?

Overall, I just don't like it. It looks loosely put together (like a bunch of mismatched puzzle pieces) and there's really nothing original in the design; almost as if you were trying to mimic something else. Sorry, just doesn't work for me.

Nice and simple layout but try experimenting with different fonts.

#10 Dumb Genius

Dumb Genius

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:09 PM

It's not the best looking site ever but I like some aspects of it.
It's clean and readable. They're not too much content so try to work on that.
I think it's a good beginning. People tend to try to make crazy designs at first and at the end it's ugly. Yours is ok, over time you'll certainly improve. To be a good designer takes time actually...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users