#1 Hallucinodrum

Hallucinodrum

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:47 AM

Voting For Sharkey Flash Site

I just made this for my very new band. Its mostly done ( I think ). I put the extent of my flash knowledge into this site, so Im not sure how to do anything else in it. Biggest thing I would like to change is obviously make it run smoother on the web. ( It runs perfectly on my computer, and I thought that was what preloaders solved when you have laggy .swf's online. ). I have the jpegs at a pretty low quality and was careful not to make the text too extravagant. But it's still not very smooth.

Also I was thinking of adding a guest book or somekind of message board, but I have no clue how to do that.

Other than that Im pretty happy with it. So I was wondering if any of you had any helpful ideas on what to do next? Or if you could help me with the problems I mentioned. Or just tell me what you think of the site. Thanks for looking.

#2 Mickoe

Mickoe

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:59 PM

I like, you have great animation skills but some part of the layout are jagged. Ill give you a 8/10 because the overall design can be improve.

Edited by Mickoe, 25 March 2006 - 06:59 PM.

#3 codie

codie

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, graphic design, computer games, GIRLS, going to movies, mountain biking, music, playing guitar, eating, traveling around the world and taking phtographs, thats all i can think of for now.

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:36 AM

very nice although i cant tell wat the site is for, just from the way ur wording things, i think ur a band but im not sure u myt want to make it a bit more obvious

but the design is awesome very unique (i hvnt seen anything else like it so its unique to me)

if ur a band wat dorta music u play (say rock say rock) :angry:

#4 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:45 AM

Looks real good.

Hoot

#5 Hallucinodrum

Hallucinodrum

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

Thanks for the comments. I intentionally made the layout alittle jagged to make it seem not so clean cut. Do you think that it takes away from the site Mickoe? And what else do you think can be improved? Codie - the site at the moment is bare and worded weirdly because I dont have anything to put there yet, so I just wrote stuff there temporarily to use as placeholders until we get material. And yes we are rock. :) Thanks for the critiques!

#6 Dh.

Dh.

CSS Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:57 AM

nice design, i love the colours

#7 PSUser77

PSUser77

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:55 PM

I like, you have great animation skills but some part of the layout are jagged. Ill give you a 8/10 because the overall design can be improve.

Yes, I agree with Mickoe - but I'll give you a 9/10 for effort :D I really love those rollovers. Great job!

Oh yeah...on the front page you have "alittle" instead of "a little" in the text :P . - you might want to fix that....:D

Edited by PSUser77, 27 March 2006 - 07:56 PM.

#8 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:44 PM

I was checking out your background image (I liked it) and I noticed it doesnt line up seamlessly. Some of the little tiny lighter circles aren't all there. Did you create that bg, or get it from somewhere?

#9 Mercedez

Mercedez

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:18 PM

Although some people may nit-pick and the colors and (are those blood splatters?) it does have personality and its own style...but I feel that it seems to be lacking in something.
Anyway, nice job.

#10 Tirus

Tirus

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Music, Martial Arts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

as far as making the animations run smoother, can i ask at what fps are the swfs playing at?

#11 Mark

Mark

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

I found a couple spelling errors, but other than that it's pretty cool, nice website. :lol: I'd like to see a bit more content though. :P

#12 Hallucinodrum

Hallucinodrum

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:29 PM

Thanks for all your input. I havent advertised this site at all yet, so Im not worried about the grammatical errors at the moment or the content ( It will all be correct and plentiful with stuff in the near future when its completely done). I just noticed that the background image doesnt line up, thanks for pointing that out Pax ( Oh and the image itself is somthing that was just on my computer, so I dont remember how I got it). The animation is running at 30fps, Im assuming thats too fast, Ill try and tune it down a bit when I get the chance. Thanks for the help guys and if you have any ideas for making it "un-lacking" besides just adding content please let me hear them. :)

#13 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:19 PM

24-30fps should be fine for your animations. If you are loading in seperate .swfs, check the framerate on those.

You may wish to put a preloader on your images in the gallery. Even on highspeed it takes a second for them to pop up. Sometimes preloaders work as a transition between two items. Its better than getting that flash and empty screen showing imo.

#14 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:18 PM

its very nice actualy... alot more talent then me in flash :) haha but yeah only little things i noticed would be

- the little white dot thing in yoru content part.... i donjno if it was intensionnal but i donno to me lose it?

-preloaders for the loading threw dif parts of the site owuld go good.... make a preloader that workes with your site that like blends in nicely

- i love your rollovers only thing maybe make the red fill in a bit faster? i donno maybe just me...

- and last but not least is the border awound your flash thing im guessing... its nice i like it keep it just maybe take a diff kinda blue... that blue doesnt fit to me.....

those are just my oppinions....

but all in all 9/10 keep it up man... and i wanna hear some tunes on it soon lol ohhh yeah maybe add a little sample player of your songs on it later when you get some done.....

-Seb-

#15 FlawedKid

FlawedKid

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:57 PM

Awesome Site! Nice colours and Im a big fan of flash and grunge, you've done a good job.
*thumbs up* :ph34r:

#16 makavelimx

makavelimx

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Events Manager of MD5Encryption.com

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:34 PM

Very well designed, don't forget to add "Willie"'s real email, cuz the [email protected] doesn't look too professional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users