• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 BenNadler

BenNadler

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music, certain sports, video games, and almost all kinds of art forms. I especialy enjoy using Photoshop and Illustrator, which are the primary tools in my work. I attend Sonona Academy in Santa Rosa, CA. I spend a lot of my time song writing and hanging out with my girlfriend, and the rest is usually absorbed in school work and real work.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

Hey, I just started working on my portfolio site, and I'm not sure where to take it. Its at www.bnadler.com. I haven't really worked on it at all, and only have that intro page, so if you have any ideas on what I should add to it, that would be great. I'm trying to come up with an idea for a design, if I should do it in Flash, etc. And I'm not too sure yet. So yeah, and ideas are welcome.

#2 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:15 PM

I would recommend doing it in flash, but only if you are fully confident inside of flash, and can really produce a great looking lively site, a badly done flash is worse than a badly done html.

#3 BenNadler

BenNadler

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music, certain sports, video games, and almost all kinds of art forms. I especialy enjoy using Photoshop and Illustrator, which are the primary tools in my work. I attend Sonona Academy in Santa Rosa, CA. I spend a lot of my time song writing and hanging out with my girlfriend, and the rest is usually absorbed in school work and real work.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:52 PM

Yeah, that's something I've always known. I think I will try and do it in HTML and Photoshop first, since that's what I'm most confident in, mostly using CSS and some PHP and things. I'll work on a Flash version at the same time, and give it a lot of work. If I can't get it to look good, I'll just drop it.

Any other suggestions on layout concept that anyone has?

#4 jiffgins

jiffgins

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:04 PM

Seems like you have it mostly figured out, if your more confident with photoshop and html then use that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users