6 replies to this topic

#1 mwookie

mwookie

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:12 AM

I am messing around with a few web store ideas. I know that there are a lot of people who make a good amount of $$ selling things through affiliate programs.

Has anyone here had experience with drop ship companies. I am looking at companies like Shopster and Simplx. A lot of them seem geared towards eBay sellers. I am just curios if anyone here uses them for their websites.

Any suggestion on where to find more information about them? Each seems to claim their the best, but none are very straightforward with fees/pricing of their services.

I have affaliate account on LinkShare, CJ, etc. But haven't have much luck driving traffic to stores.

Thanks.

#2 shopster

shopster

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:39 PM

Hello mwookie,

My name is Raymond Lau, I am one of the retailer support managers at Shopster.com.

First off, thank you for your interest. Our pricing structure can be easily accessed from our website. You can simply visit our website at www.shopster.com and click the "Why Shopster?" link in the top navigation bar to view our pricing structure.

Please feel free to sign up for a Free 7 Day Trial account. A trial account will give you full access to our internal system. You can also take a look at our large and growing community forum for testimonials and reviews about our service by our retailers.

If you have any questions, please post them and I'll be happy answer them!

For those interested, here is some information about our service.

Shopster enables you to easily create a retail business but never have to worry about any of the operations of your business.
For $29.95 a month, you get:

- A fully customizable Ecommerce store with hosting
- Access to 700,000 in stock products for you to choose from to sell
- Delivery of all your customers orders to your customers
- Customer service on all your customers orders
- Payment systems, your store instantly accepts MasterCard, Visa and Paypal
- Monthly payouts on your profit, you set the prices of your products and you make the difference between the wholesale price in the warehouse and the price you sell your products for.
- No risk to you - we handle fraud protection, dispute resolution and all operations costs
- You can run your store under the website address of your
- A selling community there to help you succeed
Sincerely,

Raymond Lau
Shopster.com

Edited by shopster, 12 February 2007 - 06:07 PM.

#3 DoctorPhotoshop

DoctorPhotoshop

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:44 PM

Forgive me for not understanding.... but this shopster thing lets you sell products that you don't even produce... so basically they run the store for you... then what do you actually do?

#4 shopster

shopster

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:31 PM

Thank you for your inquiry DoctorPhotoshop.

Shopster basically assists a retailer to run all the behind-the-seen business operations (customer service, product fulfillment, merchant, fraud protection). Using Shopster’s store builder and virtual warehouse, a retailer is responsible for picking a niche/ theme to build their store around, selecting products, adding product categories, profit margins, and promoting their store.

Edited by shopster, 09 June 2006 - 02:32 PM.

#5 Danny

Danny

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:web design

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:49 AM

You do all the hard work for them basicly ;).

Your better off using a company like cafepress.com where you actually design and purchase your items. Ive heard alot of people make quite a nice little living from sites like that. (not enough to quit your job but enough to break even and make a nice profit).

There are alot of sites like shopster (where you do all the hard work). I suggest you look around there Rates (%) differes widely.

#6 shopster

shopster

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:58 PM

Thank you for your feedback. You are right that there are some companies out there that offer some of the same features. We encourage you and anyone else to investigate all options available. We are confident that when you compare us to similar models, that you will agree that Shopster is an excellent value.

I do not believe there are any other websites out there that do exactly what we do. Shopster is an all in one solution. Not only do we provide members with a storefront creator, we also give you direct access to 700,000 products in our warehouse. On top of that, we provide customer support, merchant account, product fulfillment, hosting, and fraud protection. Also, like cafepress you have full control over the price that you sell at. Most companies you would call our competitors do not give you these freedoms.

Cafepress is a great company. As a matter of fact, I have a cafepress store myself. However, other then showing off my artistic side on 50 or so products, there isn't a lot of options to build a business.

#7 Danny

Danny

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:web design

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:22 AM

But alot of them are free, they earn their money from commision and a small % off of your total profit, (much like paypal earns its money by adding a tiny additional tax to all transactions)

Shopster costs:

Total Initial Investment: $ 128.95 (first month cost)

Plus i assume you deduct a % from the total profit?

It seems more of a gamble than anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users