Jump to content


Photo

"Target not found" when target exists.


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ant.

Ant.

    Young Padawan

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Location:East Coast

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:44 PM

I was refered to these forums by Mouse.Pad from WC3C, the sight and people look cool here. Anyway:

I'm at school trying desperately to finish my graphics project, and I hit an odd wall.
My code for a text box button decided to drop a stinky one.

The error I am getting from this is:
Target not found: Target="swishy7" Base="_level0.Tutorials"
Target not found: Target="swishy8" Base="_level0.Tutorials"

on (release, keyPress "<Down>") {
    scrollText5.scroll = scrollText5.scroll+1;
    if (scrollText5.scroll <= 3) {
        tellTarget ("swishy7") {
            play ();
        }
        tellTarget ("swishy8") {
            gotoAndStop (1);
        }
    }
    if (scrollText5.scroll > 3 && scrollText5.scroll <=9) {
        tellTarget ("swishy7") {
            gotoAndStop (1);
        }
        tellTarget ("swishy8") {
            play ();
        }
    }
    if (scrollText5.scroll > 9) {
        tellTarget ("swishy7") {
            gotoAndStop (1);
        }
        tellTarget ("swishy8") {
            gotoAndStop (1);
        }
    }
}

If you notice the text box is labled as scrollText5, it's the fifth text box I have in the movie clip. It also means that in the previous text boxes I use THIS SAME CODE to run other movie clips called swishy6, swishy5, etc.

Here is the copy and paste of the instance name of the movie clip objects in the same frame number (different layer): swishy8 and swishy7.

For some reason it has decided to just stop working.
Everything in the code is the same except the number of the text box and the number of the swishy objects as the last time I used it, yet this time it gives me the error and does nothing.

My teacher knows near nothing about flash, and everything I know I have taught myself. Thanks in advance.

#2 Ant.

Ant.

    Young Padawan

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Location:East Coast

Posted 16 December 2004 - 05:45 PM

Updating my issue:
As I continued to add more to the movie clip more targets would become "not found." It was as if the more frames/script/data I added the more would start not working.

Luckly I had a slightly older version of my file, so I'm going to try splitting the movie clip into many clips and just running them in order.

#3 Faken

Faken

    Pimpmaster G

  • Admin
  • 5,966 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montreal, Canada

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:09 PM

I'm starting to get rusty on my Flash because it's been awhile, but you're basically trying to telltarget to movie clips right? Are you sure they are all on the same level? The error looks like you're running a telltarget to a clip that's not on the same level.

Faken

#4 Ant.

Ant.

    Young Padawan

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Location:East Coast

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:00 AM

That's just it, it was workign fine untill I just now.
The more stuff I added the more started to not work, even if it was workign before and I didn't touch it.

Oh well, doesn't matter anymore.
I split the movie clip into many clips and now it works fine.

Thanks anyway! ;)

#5 Faken

Faken

    Pimpmaster G

  • Admin
  • 5,966 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montreal, Canada

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:31 PM

That's just it, it was workign fine untill I just now.
The more stuff I added the more started to not work, even if it was workign before and I didn't touch it.

Oh well, doesn't matter anymore.
I split the movie clip into many clips and now it works fine.

Thanks anyway! :ph34r:

Ok great... usually if your movie gets complicated and you're loading clips on different stages and levels, you move one thing and blam it's a wreck.

Faken




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users