#21 Seraphic

Seraphic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

Wow, that looks very nice.

Would you mind sharing the fla? I'm not going to use your layout or anything; I would like just like to take a look at the code for the scrollable playlist and the horizontal track follower.

If not, how would I target the tracks in the scrollable playlist so that they would play when clicked? Also, is there a limit on how many tracks could fit within the playlist?

Thanks

#22 adsmithy

adsmithy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:37 AM

Wow, that looks very nice.

Would you mind sharing the fla? I'm not going to use your layout or anything; I would like just like to take a look at the code for the scrollable playlist and the horizontal track follower.

If not, how would I target the tracks in the scrollable playlist so that they would play when clicked? Also, is there a limit on how many tracks could fit within the playlist?

Thanks

All my files are in this zip
http://itsuite.it.bt...ads5/Player.zip

I'm not sure about a limit with tracks, you can test this yourself. Open up the XML and copy/paste the entries so you have loads and see if this causes problems.

Edited by adsmithy, 23 June 2006 - 04:07 AM.

#23 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:04 AM

I've tested it with an XML of 80kb, and every worked right.. 80kb = 350 tracks..

#24 Seraphic

Seraphic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:11 AM

Thanks a lot.

One other question: Have you tried coding the horizontal track follower to allow the user to move to a different area of the song?

Edited by Seraphic, 24 June 2006 - 03:13 PM.

#25 changerhiphopmusic

changerhiphopmusic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:17 PM

I tried the zip and it's not working/opening.
Any reasons or suggestions?

Thankz,

ChAnGeR

#26 AnTone Media

AnTone Media

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge:<br />Photoshop, Image Ready, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Maya, Final Cut Pro, Quark Xpress<br /><br />Barely Know (Want to know more):<br />Flash/Actionscript, Audition, Premiere

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

I still don't get how you get the playlist into that scrollbar content thing. Can someone explain it slowly to a slow-mo like me.

also funkysoul, that zip link doesn't work. I don't know why but all it says something about unexpected error of the archive or something like that.

#27 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:15 AM

try this one..

http://www.six4rty.ch/p2l/player.zip

#28 AnTone Media

AnTone Media

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge:<br />Photoshop, Image Ready, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Maya, Final Cut Pro, Quark Xpress<br /><br />Barely Know (Want to know more):<br />Flash/Actionscript, Audition, Premiere

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:17 PM

Thanks a lot but when I do the ctrl+Enter to view it on Flash, it has some errors and it wont play my playlist. This is what it says

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=code, frame=1:Line 261: The class or interface 'Move' could not be loaded.
var myMove:Move = new Move(ColourPicker);

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=code, frame=1:Line 276: The class or interface 'Move' could not be loaded.
var myMove:Move = new Move(ColourPicker);

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=code, frame=1:Line 299: The class or interface 'ColorTransform' could not be loaded.
var myCT:ColorTransform = new ColorTransform(background);

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=code, frame=1:Line 311: The class or interface 'ColorTransform' could not be loaded.

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=code, frame=1:Line 323: The class or interface 'ColorTransform' could not be loaded.

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=code, frame=1:Line 335: The class or interface 'ColorTransform' could not be loaded.

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=code, frame=1:Line 347: The class or interface 'ColorTransform' could not be loaded.

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=code, frame=1:Line 359: The class or interface 'ColorTransform' could not be loaded.

**Error** Scene=Scene 1, layer=code, frame=1:Line 371: The class or interface 'ColorTransform' could not be loaded.

**Error** Symbol=myscrollbar, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 1: The class or interface 'MyScrollbar' could not be loaded.

Total ActionScript Errors: 10 Reported Errors: 10

#29 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:37 AM

can you post your fla? You have a bunch of stuff that are not part of the original mp3 player as also not part of the scrollable list that adsmithy did.

#30 Seraphic

Seraphic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

Hi,

I made a lot of changes to the music player, however, the one thing I can't seem to find is the color setting for the music listed in the scroll list. It's set to black, but I need to change it to white. Any help would be great. Thanks

Edited by Seraphic, 16 July 2006 - 04:45 PM.

#31 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:38 PM

check the button template, and change the textfield color there :ph34r:

#32 shedmore

shedmore

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:38 PM

Im not sure if anyone is still talking about this, as I have not been able to access this tutorial for a while, but I was curious how I could go about deleting the dynamically created movie clips that the

attachMovie("butTemp","but"+i,i+50);
eval("but"+i).id=i;
_root["but"+i]._x = 294.3;
_root["but"+i]._y = 27.9 + (i*23);
_root["but"+i].but_txt.text = songname[i];
if (i >= 4){

etc... creates

The reason being ...I would like to create buttons for multiple playlists, that point to new xml files, When I try to load the new playlist it works using the method above, but it does so on top of the old xml playlist and there buttons ...I want to completely delete the first playlist (and all of the accompanying butTemp buttons once the new xml has been loaded.)... does that make sense?

Also, am I right in assuming that I SHOULD NOT use the id3 tags at all anywhere in this media player as there is no class for it?

Thanks for anyones help in advance

#33 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:56 PM

hmm.. you have to place that piece of code inside a function. That function then needs to be called when the XML is loaded. In your case I would maybe set a switch (a boolean type variable) which tells flash that there is already something, which he needs to remove and pick up the new list..

Never thought about doing that, but could have a try over the weekend.

regarding the ID3 tags.. yes, you shouldn't use the ID3 tags during the streaming process, since the metadata will only be received as soon as the WHOLE file has been downloaded to your computer.

Flash 9 will improove that issue thanks to a new system.. I've already seen a few prototypes around dealing with that built with Actionscript 3

#34 Seraphic

Seraphic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:21 AM

Hi funkysoul,

Is there any way to code the horizontal track follower so to allow the user to move to a different area of the song?

Thank you

#35 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:29 AM

actually yeh, you could do it.. only problem is that the song must be completely downloaded to be able to do that..

In case you using a FMS account then it's a complete different story..

#36 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:00 AM

Thanks a lot.

One other question: Have you tried coding the horizontal track follower to allow the user to move to a different area of the song?

Hi funkysoul,

Is there any way to code the horizontal track follower so to allow the user to move to a different area of the song?

Thank you

Yes that can be done. There is an MP3 Player (a replica of Winamp) downloadable on my site, flashimpulse.com, (this was made from scratch, not stolen from funky) that has the ability to scroll to area's in the song (it is also XML driven). If you only want to edit the one you got now, just send me the .fla at d4rkst0n3[at]msn.com and I'll do it for you, and email you back. Ill also comment it so your not lost :biggrin:

#37 Seraphic

Seraphic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:35 AM

Hi d4rkst0n3,

Thanks, i'll send it over tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question I have is about the XML file that I use to call the songs for the player:

Is there anyway to encrypt it so that Flash can still read it, but if a human was to find the XML file on my server, they could not find where the songs are located? Know what I mean? Because if a person was to find/view the XML file they would see the path to every track. I have a good 50+ tracks (will have 300 at some point) and I don't want the songs to be downloaded if one was to find the XML file.

Thanks

Edited by Seraphic, 30 September 2006 - 01:38 AM.

#38 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:10 AM

no you can't encrypt the xml file.. only thing you can do, is hide the xml file in a very deep folder..
or maybe you can put the xml file on another domain. (if you do so, don't forget to write a crossdomain.xml and upload it to the root folder of both websites)

Edited by funkysoul, 30 September 2006 - 04:11 AM.

#39 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:01 AM

There is a way to encrypt the XML file and let Flash still access it, using .htaccess. I'll explain it tomorrow, as its pretty late (or very early in the morning :o)

#40 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:27 AM

There is a way to encrypt the XML file and let Flash still access it, using .htaccess. I'll explain it tomorrow, as its pretty late (or very early in the morning :o)

oh I would like to see that :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)