4 replies to this topic

#1 arken

arken

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:56 PM

hehe I've been working on a pic of a rogue! It's featuring my friend skielex who is a pony lover. hope you understand the funnyness with it all lala!

Posted Image

#2 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

its not bad mostly brushes tho for the background of it.... but the render in the middle i would make it more of a color that matches... keep it dark but like yellow in it i htink.... i donno just my opinion becaus i dont liek the render in hte middle much somehting bugging me about it

#3 InFeri

InFeri

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Graphics (ofcourse :P), listening to music, relaxing and playing drums with my band :)

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:19 PM

Don't... ever... use 'outer-glow' again :D
Err... bit strange concept though... Some monster with swords in the middle, and then you use brushes of cute butterflies and pretty flowers? ehh... not going so well together... I do like, however, the colours you used :D fits nicely in the vector thing. Also try to make your cutout more smoothly, it has many sharp edges now... Still it's a good job :)

- InF.

#4 M2B

M2B

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop Mos' Def! As for my interests in other people, I admire tallent. That just about sums it up!

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

I, for one, really like the background. It's catchy and with the small diary- looking text blocks it gives it that "innocent yet eerie" feeling I'm imagining arken was going for.

InFeri does have a point however. The outter glow is very cliche. It has that "doesn't belong" look to it. The crop of the image is very edgy too. In most cases I'd reccomend feathering, but that wouldn't work in this image. You gotta keep the same theme as the background.

Still, not a bad picture. Post more!

P.S. I'm guessing most of the humor derives from the text that reads: "Don't even think about hurting the pony."

#5 arken

arken

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:01 AM

hehe thanks for the replies guys ^^ The funny thing is that it isn't an outer glow I've use. The technique I've used is just to duplicate the image, reverse the colors and then making it gaussian blur. But every1 keeps thinking it's outer-glow hehe. Guess I'll have to do something about it in my upcoming piccs =)

Edit: And yes, the humor is not to hurt the pony haha :huh:

Edited by arken, 13 June 2006 - 03:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users