#1 Wilco

Wilco

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:42 AM

Hi,

I've been asked to make a site for a dive club in Belgium and actually it's only the second site i've made so far.
It's also the first site I make without Dreamweaver and tables so it can be that the code isn't that good...

The navigation menu only works properly in Firefox, does anybody know how to fix it for IE, that would be helpful :P .

All remarks and/or ideas are welcome!

http://users.skynet....club/Index.html

Thanks in advance

Willem

#2 Erik Bernskiold

Erik Bernskiold

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:I love to do booth Web Design and Photography. Nothing beats a nice day out in the nature with the camera gear, getting loads of nice photos. I have been playing the flute for 6 years now and I love it, and I am playing the pipe organ as well. I also like to teach other people the in and outs of software such as the CS3 suite from Adobe.

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:55 AM

I find it quite boring and un-interesting. It is too much blue to it and it lacks focus points. at the moment everything is just confusing around it and you don't really know where to look. But for your second layout, I expect that might not be too bad.

#3 Wilco

Wilco

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:01 PM

:P-->
QUOTE(Erik B @ Aug 2 2006, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find it quite boring and un-interesting. It is too much blue to it and it lacks focus points. at the moment everything is just confusing around it and you don't really know where to look. But for your second layout, I expect that might not be too bad.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, I think I made a mistake, I uploaded the wrong files, is it different now?

#4 BomB

BomB

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:19 PM

zomfgwtfroflpie! its crod!!!

:)

Ummm..you just updated the site didnt you?!
I was staring at one site for a min, and then a different layout the next! anyway..
Well i guess "Inhoud" must meen (Coming soon) because it was on every blank page. :P

The blue color scheme is iky to be honest, its all ...blue, almost the way i feel after going through that site! And adding some pictures, any sort of life to ur site would help. The side menu bar is just wrong! WRONG!, there are tons of menu bars free online if you dont kow how to set something up, use anything but what you have! :worthy:

Anyway, glad to see ur giving it a shot, but tbh, you messed up my day with that. It was just scary, nasty actually! I'd rather dive alone and get eaten by sharks than go threw that site! Anyway, keep it up! And wish you luck on ur 3rd colorfull site. :blush:

:firefox:

#5 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:49 PM

zomfgroflwtfpie! thats an awesome quote
oh and i dont like the site design btw
kthx

EDIT: wtf is with the padawan shit?

h4x someone reply

ummm...firstly...

1 you dont swear here, 2 you give constructive critisicsm and 3 i dont know why you did it but ya dont double post.

Towards the site, Its very plain, the blue is overpowering and it just looks like a content box with a random nav on the left. Dont take that harshly, but try and fill the site out more, *maybe a header* and turn down the contrast :D

keep working at it :D

Oh and the padowan *stuff* is Dan or Donna sense of humor :P They are rankings.

Edited by .Matt, 02 August 2006 - 12:52 PM.

#6 BomB

BomB

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:58 PM

Wilco...u could always re-do it, i meen the old one with the menu up at the top would have looked a little better i think...so yeah..whatever...

#7 xis

xis

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:15 PM

I would suggest splitting the text up in paragraphs so it's not as bunched up.

Also white text on blue background is very hard to read. I would suggest
having our "content/text" area a light color with a dark font color so it is
a bit more easier to read. Keep it up and don't let neg. comments discourage
you. :P

#8 BomB

BomB

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

I agree with Xis on the neg. comment thing. :D

But buddy, take notes! because with a site looking like that, you must be doing something wrong!

check out the html for some decnt sites and learn how things are done, check out tutorials, anything, just no more Blue dive for your life sites!

:P

#9 Wilco

Wilco

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:36 PM

Well,
I think I'm going to start again then... Luckily I have another month holiday :P
Thanks for all the comments and sorry for the bad site, I will try to make the next one better.

#10 BomB

BomB

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:40 PM

#11 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for all the comments and sorry for the bad site, I will try to make the next one better.

Dont be sorry, what for? :P

It's all part of the learning curve :D Just keep working and you'll improve :D

#12 Illinifan91

Illinifan91

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:56 PM

theres not really anything going on its just a bunch of bluue mabye ad some more content and other colors.

#13 Erik Bernskiold

Erik Bernskiold

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:I love to do booth Web Design and Photography. Nothing beats a nice day out in the nature with the camera gear, getting loads of nice photos. I have been playing the flute for 6 years now and I love it, and I am playing the pipe organ as well. I also like to teach other people the in and outs of software such as the CS3 suite from Adobe.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:50 AM

Some colours of the updated version isn't in match with the blue. Aim to make the blue less overpowering, (yet I get the idea with blue and a diving club) and try to fit it as previously mentioned a content box for example.

And if any mod were to look this way, I belive this thread might do with some cleaning, for the sake of it? And yes, PSGirl is a girl (About Us page).

#14 Al3x

Al3x

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:56 AM

It's poo :). I mean that in the least harshest way. There's nothing there, no images, it's all too blue.

#15 Danny

Danny

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:web design

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:59 AM

Its just so plain, you need to have images and such of the club its self or some nice photos of what they do.

#16 PSgirl

PSgirl

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:24 AM

I'm a girl obviously. Please stay on topic.
And please remember that only constructive criticism is allowed.

Before we start, I would like to point out that MANY posts on this forum are requesting feedback on their sites, artwork, tutorials etc... Please offer contructive criticism or don't say anything at all. We all have to start somewhere, so comments like "That looks dumb" or "You just followed the tut idiot" or "That sucks" are completely unacceptable and will earn a ban. This rule is STRICTLY enforced and is not tolerated from members or staff. So please offer constructive and positive criticism or just move on to the next thread

Wilco please ignore the pointless replies, I've already deleted it.

#17 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:10 AM

too flat
almost empty
the code is good but needs work on the design

#18 danieldaniel

danieldaniel

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding, Macs, BMX, Cocoa, PHP, CSS etc.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

Yeah, the coding is good, no tables! I agree with everyone else though, it is a tad boring. Just some images or different colors would help fix that.

#19 rmgr

rmgr

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

needs some major work, mainly on the design. Colors aren't making the website look very professional.

#20 d2Squared

d2Squared

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:Swimmig<br />Web-design<br />Starcraft

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

The blue color scheme is iky to be honest, its all ...blue, almost the way i feel after going through that site! And adding some pictures, any sort of life to ur site would help. The side menu bar is just wrong! WRONG!, there are tons of menu bars free online if you dont kow how to set something up, use anything but what you have! :D

Anyway, glad to see ur giving it a shot, but tbh, you messed up my day with that. It was just scary, nasty actually! I'd rather dive alone and get eaten by sharks than go threw that site! Anyway, keep it up! And wish you luck on ur 3rd colorfull site. :)

It's poo :D. I mean that in the least harshest way. There's nothing there, no images, it's all too blue.

Ouch...

anyway, graphics is all u need buddy. u need more experience in that.
I can notice that you are new to all this, just read. about graphics, tutorials, dont know, but design u need bro.

Edited by d2Squared, 03 August 2006 - 03:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users