156 replies to this topic

#1 Discontinuity

Discontinuity

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:42 AM

It's another Pixel2Life Exclusive! And another logo competition!

With the cheque signed for RedDragon and hitting the post on monday, I'm happy to announce the 2nd logo competiton, this time for Webshop365 (www.webshop365.net). It is an e-Commerce storefront powering a number of online shops in the UK and abroad.

Entry Prerequisites:
  • Final logo(s) will need to be in a scalable (vector) form. This isn't 100% set in stone, if you can't provide a png/eps etc or high res image then please let me know with your logo design.
  • All artwork must be original and be free of copyright, except regarding your intellectual property rights - the prize will require transferral of your rights as the author of the work to hancockconsulting.com.au.
  • Please reply with your logos in this post, by msn or by email (johnhancock dot pixel2life at hancock consulting dot com dot au- yes that's an aussie address)
  • Please watermark if you don't trust me. Or even if you do. However please set these to low tints, as a heavily watermarked logo detracts from visual impact.
  • If none of the logos here are deemed appropriate for the company, full reasons and feedback will be provided and the competition will be extended for a further seven (7) days.
  • You must provide me with an invoice for me to pay the prize money against. Like all businesses, everything goes through the books.
  • Payment is by sterling cheque or paypal.
Stylistic Guidelines:
  • (2) Logo Variants preferred, 'webshop365' and 'webshop365.net'
  • Use of capital letters is optional.
  • No background colour (logo on white only)
  • Any colour scheme.
  • Think Web 2.0 (sorry to use that term around here).
  • Think AJAX, accessibility, CSS, clear, uncluttered and visually appealing design.
  • If you want to sell your concept, feel free to visually reskin the website. It's all CSS at the moment. This is completely optional and would convey concept. It is not required. Just use it to sell your logo or provide a frame for it if you wish.
  • Think 'commercial', 'branding' and 'business'
  • The .NET version of the shop is why the logo is needed. If you want to do only one variant, do this one. The existing logo has worked for the purpose, however it has reached the end of its natural life. Please do not feel constrained by existing design cues.
Prizes
  • First Prize - 100 Pounds Sterling plus 2 years free website hosting + email if required.
  • Bonus Prize - 25 Pounds Sterling plus 1 years free website hosting + email if required.
The First Prize will be given to the winning logo. Having received some feedback from the previous competition, I will give a bonus prize to the most deserving entry. This may be stacked with the first prize at my discretion - it is designed to give some additional recompense for the amount of effort you put in.

Miscellaneous

1. Prize. Please do not post regarding the prize money. As the owner of a consultancy firm I am seeking to encourage and develop design talent, and freely give my own time and prizes from my own pocket on this (over 20 hours for the last competiton). To everyone else, thankyou for entering and your work is appreciated. I'm truly sorry I'm unable to pay each person for every logo they put in.

2. Feedback. Please reply with 'no feedback requested' if you would not like me to give feedback. Feedback may be technical or stylistic, and I will attempt to temper constructive criticism with encouragement! It is intended to be helpful rather than attacking and is something I have a professional background in providing.

3. Deadline. As the last competition finished ahead of deadline due to the high quality of the work submitted, this one will last until a logo is chosen. If you want me to hold it open until you submit a logo, please forum-mail/private message me with the date due or find me on MSN Messenger. I'm expecting it to last about a week to ten days, and you should receive payment about 10 days after that.

4. Good Luck! I look forward to receiving your entries - if you have any questions please get in contact with me.

best wishes,

John Hancock

Edited by Discontinuity, 01 September 2006 - 08:24 AM.

#2 Griffin

Griffin

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:Things I find interesting.

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:23 AM

I've been waiting for this :). Gonna try and get some concepts down on paper today.

Good luck to everyone who enters :P

- Griffin

#3 InFeri

InFeri

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Graphics (ofcourse :P), listening to music, relaxing and playing drums with my band :)

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

Griffin smells cash lol :)
I might try something aswell :P Good luck all :P

#4 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

I'll get stared now
question: what size in pixels would you like for the high res? maybe 1k is ok?

#5 mattyK

mattyK

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Soccer, Hockey, Guitar, CKY

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:05 PM

hmmm... I'll enter, I'll just have to come up with some ideas.

#6 Babyface

Babyface

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:01 PM

great to see some more of u discontinuity

seems like i have to join this :P

#7 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:12 PM

an idea that I got
edited: forgot the 365
Posted Image

Edited by Myoto, 01 September 2006 - 04:16 PM.

#8 mattyK

mattyK

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:14 PM

Cool idea, but I think you'd be better putting the text beside it, because he'll probably have to scale down the logo and the text might not be readable

edit: oh and it's WebShop365.net :P

Edited by mattyK, 01 September 2006 - 04:15 PM.

#9 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:44 PM

yes I corrected that
and maybe you are right, the text may deisapear when scale it down
I'll fix that later

another entrie:
Posted Image

#10 Discontinuity

Discontinuity

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

Hi Gents,

1k height would be okay. Sorry I forgot to mention - text should be horizontal unless you can really convince me otherwise!

The 5 should -not- be a $ sign, and currency should not be used - some nice ideas myoto however they'll need to work internationally.

#11 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:52 PM

Here's mine for the moment:

Posted Image

By the way: This is the first logo I have ever made in my entire life!!

#12 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:22 PM

Hi Gents,

1k height would be okay. Sorry I forgot to mention - text should be horizontal unless you can really convince me otherwise!

The 5 should -not- be a $ sign, and currency should not be used - some nice ideas myoto however they'll need to work internationally.

Hehe... posted that just before I posted mine... sorry bout the currency. Will try to figure something else out.

#13 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:11 PM

yes I'll fix that, I will digitaly create some fake money pheraps
just thinking, by now, I'll come up with both ideas with a redesign

finished:
Posted Image
ignore the $ on this one, I'll remove it andn replace it for a "S"
Posted Image

:D done

Edited by Myoto, 01 September 2006 - 10:05 PM.

#14 z77

z77

Content Contributor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Art, Computers, Goldfish, Church, Pizza, Ice Cream, Frisbee, Paintball, PHP, C4D, Photoshop, Friends :)

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:04 AM

I was not sure if you wanted us to stick to the current color scheme or not. I tried to stick to the dull tones, but kept a powerful color in their as well.

Attached File  webshop365logo.png   36.41KB   343 downloads

#15 mattyK

mattyK

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:25 AM

I was not sure if you wanted us to stick to the current color scheme or not. I tried to stick to the dull tones, but kept a powerful color in their as well.

Attached File  webshop365logo.png   36.41KB   343 downloads

Nice shopping cart! I tried to draw a realistic one earlier, but gave up and went to the fair (literally)... I have another idea though

#16 Babyface

Babyface

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:54 AM

Here is an idea i had, didnt work out quite as well as i hoped it would though ;)

http://home.arcor.de...ze/ws365(1).png

Edit by Griffin: Changed image to link, it was stretching the forum.

Edited by Griffin, 03 September 2006 - 05:23 PM.

#17 Al3x

Al3x

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:14 AM

I know you said don't ask about money but the prize is in Sterling, I thought that Australia have Australian dollars.

#18 Babyface

Babyface

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:48 AM

Posted Image

another entry

#19 Discontinuity

Discontinuity

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:16 AM

Lovely entry z77 :( - with the colours, anything you like goes.

Myoto a definite improvement (your 2nd post, top logo) but not convinced by the colours.

Al3x - I just happen to live in Australia, I'm actually British :D

Babyface, cute keyboard idea but is a little 1998 :D , mouse version much stronger but 'cuts off'

Edited by Discontinuity, 02 September 2006 - 08:18 AM.

#20 Babyface

Babyface

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:22 AM

Babyface, cute keyboard idea but is a little 1998 :D , mouse version much stronger but 'cuts off'

yeah thats what i thought after i was done with it :D as i said i m not really happy with it...

question: should it go into a logo which shows its a online shop or could it also be something which shows a connection to people (i was thinking of hands shaking for example) (been walking round taking pictures for stuff like that today :()

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users