2 replies to this topic

#1 nibez

nibez

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:41 AM

Well i dunno if this goes here, anyway i try to explain.

I want to know how to write a program that asks for the password and then calls the actual program, which would be "hidden" in another folder.

Is there somehow i cud make it and which language shud i be using and u got any tips how i would do it?

#2 Net-Margin

Net-Margin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:My main interests would have to be general computing and digital imaging; but I also enjoy Website Design and animation.<br /><br />Away from the computer I enjoy watching Science programs and astronomy.<br /><br />My main skills would have to be XHTML and Web Marketing but I also have good knowledge in CSS, Search Engine Optimization and Javascript.<br /><br />I own the Macromedia Studio 8 which I believe is one of the best packages ever. I also use Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:10 AM

You could do it in any programming language if you had the know how, although many developers find that an easier solution is serial-key and activations.

This may seem like a lot more but you don't have to worry about encrypting passwords in Databases and calling them, then checking if the string the user input matches the encrypted string within the database therfore having to decrypt it and check.

Then you have to excecute the program so it's easier to create an array of random strings and inserting them in a database for everyone.

I don't have enough programming experience to tell you much more i'm afraid.

#3 Hit3k

Hit3k

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:49 AM

This may seem like a lot more but you don't have to worry about encrypting passwords in Databases and calling them, then checking if the string the user input matches the encrypted string within the database therfore having to decrypt it and check.

Or just store the encrypted password in the database and encrypt the input password and match them there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users