• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 adamD

adamD

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Architecture<br />Sports<br />Graphics<br />Digital Art<br />Illustrations<br />3d modeling

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:05 PM

I have created, edited, updated and attempted to make a website which looks professional and will not lose me a customer that makes it to the site. So I am looking for help.

Please check out my website at Studio-Render.com (<---click the name)and give any feedback.

I can take negative crit, so don't hold back.
Thanks

Edited by adamD, 30 August 2006 - 01:06 PM.

#2 haydro

haydro

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:36 AM

I like it. Simple layout, nothing flashy or over the top, easy to navigate.

The only critique I have is that it is fairly basic, even the logo. You may want to add something to give it alittle spice.

Other then that, nice work!

#3 Illinifan91

Illinifan91

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:50 AM

yes nice and simple kinda messy but mabe update some of the graphics.

#4 Babyface

Babyface

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:27 AM

Sorry, but i don't like it that much tbh... I think the buttons are quite strange and in between them the background shows through... also the pictures on the left hand side could be slightly better integrated and maybe even smaller.
The coding is probably better then i could do but that's why i comment on graphics only :huh:

#5 d2Squared

d2Squared

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:Swimmig<br />Web-design<br />Starcraft

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:29 AM

The site is nice, and the only feedback that i can give u is that its kinda messy, and it somehow seems like everything is big. dont know, just my view.

#6 haydro

haydro

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:36 AM

yea, everything is pretty large.

#7 Danny

Danny

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:web design

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:51 AM

You seem to be confident in 3d modeling, use it to your advantage, you have the potential to make a really good website with some quite nice images, but you havent used them?.

Considering the line of work and pricings your going for the website really does need to reflect it more so.

#8 Aussiestinger

Aussiestinger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:13 AM

No offence but it looks like one of the sites you just change things for, like free hosting with the template and edit it like freewebs or whatever, but yeah the site is ugly.

Some of your work is really good, the 3d section for example is amazing.

#9 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 12:57 PM

I think you should read template tutorials
the idea is good but is to image based and the grpahics aren't very good looking

your 3D works are completly diferent from the website, amazing!
maybe you should hire a designer or buy a pre-made template

#10 Discontinuity

Discontinuity

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

Thank-you for the comments so far and I am learning as I go with website design. I know some areas need work and some just need reorganizing. It is good to get feedback, even those that are negative. I want to be able to appeal to the masses and right now it seems to be hit or miss.
I will do better!

wow.

More and more today people want to see ideas, in a realistic setting, before the give an OK to spend money on a project.

The biggest problem is that your website doesn't seem to be a realistic setting for your artwork. The second is that you don't have a brand, and the third that your pictures aren't resized for the web. it might be worth getting an honest, professional opinion on your site, as it has a number of problems. If you can excuse the signature (it's not mine) and the speed of the mockup, then the image below might give you some idea of what I'd expect from a professional rendering studio.

Posted Image

Feel free to message me on john dot hancock at ^^ the domain name above dot com dot au if you'd life more feedback, or pm me if you respond through the boards.

#11 adamD

adamD

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Architecture<br />Sports<br />Graphics<br />Digital Art<br />Illustrations<br />3d modeling

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:14 AM

www.studio-render.com is updating with the thanks to great feedback.
I appriciate everyone that has posted and I encourage those who have not, to take a look.

My website is the portal to my online business which controls about 90% of the work I land, so the look, feel, organization and visitor impressions are crucial.

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by adamD, 01 September 2006 - 10:27 AM.

#12 adamD

adamD

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:11 PM

www.studio-render.com has and is trying to catch up to the rest of the world.
I have created, updated and added to this website weekly, if not daily.

Ideas is what I am looking for and critical review would be appriciated.

I have a Masters in Architecture but that does not make me a Master in web architecture!
Thanks for any and all help that is given.

#13 Illinifan91

Illinifan91

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:49 PM

its alright and screens of wat a content page would look like?

#14 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:00 PM

www.studio-render.com has and is trying to catch up to the rest of the world.
I have created, updated and added to this website weekly, if not daily.

Ideas is what I am looking for and critical review would be appriciated.

I have a Masters in Architecture but that does not make me a Master in web architecture!
Thanks for any and all help that is given.

adamD there is no need to start new topics everytime you make a slight change, topics merged. :D Also attach your sig into your sig area (via your control settings) not into the posts thanks.

#15 Rory

Rory

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Php, Html, Css, Javascript, ASP.NET, Photoshop, soccer, rigby, cricket, viticulture, Ruby#, C#, AJAX.

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:50 AM

I dont mind the design except the buttons which have a really obvious looking bevel. Anyway you should use your 3d skills cus they look really good! :D

#16 tomh

tomh

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:38 AM

People have spoken about your website, and I agree with them about buttons, etc.

Just one question: Why is your website not on center?

Is that because you want it that way or what.....

I think it would be better that it's in center

nice 3d modeling, great stuff

#17 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Adrenaline, Etc

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:28 AM

had a quick mooch at the site, definitely, those buttons need replacing... i just made some in 5 mins using really simple but, imo, effective looking buttons.

if u want the psd let me know

Attached File  button.gif   666bytes   65 downloads

#18 Rory

Rory

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Php, Html, Css, Javascript, ASP.NET, Photoshop, soccer, rigby, cricket, viticulture, Ruby#, C#, AJAX.

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:33 PM

Really nice button davyer. It suits the background really well and has a great professional look. :google:

#19 Fastian

Fastian

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:46 PM

Although it’s simple and easy to navigate but at very first look I didn’t like the site.

I m not sure what screen resolution u have, but on 800*600 I have to use a horizontal scroll & with 1024*768 there is an empty white space at right column.
Check it at your end.

#20 adamD

adamD

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:44 PM

Okay Okay Okay my buttons stink. That will become my first spot for improvement. :)

Next issue is one I have noticed myself recently and that is screen resolution. I originally wanted the entire page to be viewable horizontally without scroll bars, but I did some reaserch and 38.18% of visitors have 1280x1024 screen resolution. So with that said, my page widths will probably now be expanding.

As for other comments about being on-center, I laid out my website pages on paper first and have tried to convert those thoughts into the site. My background is architecture, so assemetry in my field is not always a bad thing, if done correctly. I have tried to keep my pages consistant throughout the site, with a few exceptions, to ensure that the website reads the same and is organized.

Please continue with the comments, I greatly appriciate them and I think when comparing when this post started to now, my website has greatly improved. I appriciate the help, KEEP IT COMING!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users