• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 faulk

faulk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Web design<br />Music<br />Audio engineering<br />Baseball (red sox!)<br />Snowboarding<br />Video production<br />Web app development

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:06 PM

Okay well, I am very proud that this day has come. This site has been in development for the last 3 months and in planning for the past half year! I am very proud to able to finally show this off.

I owe a lot of my knowledge to this amazing site.. p2l has helped me grow beyond my belief and I am very thankful for it! So here it is, I dedicate it to all of you:

Lost In Ashford

This site goes live in 2 days!! Here is what I'm looking for:

critique on both the design and coding aspects as well as any bugs you might come across.

I also ask that you don't post any comments yet but if you really feel the need to go ahead ^_^

Feel free to reply on this thread, PM me or e-mail me: [email protected]

Thank you so much!

#2 Trix06

Trix06

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:Web Design &amp; Development, Graphic Design, Programming, Networking, Girls, The Beach, Amatuer Radio Communications and more.

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:32 PM

I don't mind it, but I hope it's going to be full screen when it's online, I don't like how it is at the moment.

#3 Jakespikey

Jakespikey

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:35 PM

Wow I love it. The design is really nice, except i don't like the links that come out from the side. Also when i click on the plus signs the content seems to take foreva to expand maybe speed that up a little bit. Other than that i thinks its great ^_^. Keep up the goodwork.

#4 d2Squared

d2Squared

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:Swimmig<br />Web-design<br />Starcraft

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:54 PM

I relly like the design!! amazing work you got there. IO love the background pic and how you put the content box. I seriously liked almot everything in the site, Awsome work bud

#5 faulk

faulk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Web design<br />Music<br />Audio engineering<br />Baseball (red sox!)<br />Snowboarding<br />Video production<br />Web app development

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:54 PM

I don't mind it, but I hope it's going to be full screen when it's online, I don't like how it is at the moment.

Explain to me if you can what you mean by full screen, I'm interested in what you mean.

#6 Trix06

Trix06

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:Web Design &amp; Development, Graphic Design, Programming, Networking, Girls, The Beach, Amatuer Radio Communications and more.

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:07 PM

What I'm trying to say is, that it is left aligned and there is just blank space on the right hand side and the bottom. It needs to cover the whole screen or have a repeating background, or something.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   862.45KB   123 downloads

#7 faulk

faulk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:11 PM

Wow thank you very much for that screen shot, that explains the problem exactly. Your resolution must be huge! Mine is at 1280x1024 and I didn't run into that problem but I'm trying to think how I might go about fixing that.

Also thank you Jake and d2 for the nice remarks, I take all ideas into consideration.

#8 Illinifan91

Illinifan91

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:07 PM

very cool well done.

#9 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:50 PM

wow, that's really good.

I especially like the music. Is that you're band? If so, I want a CD ;)

You guys definitely got the screaming down pat :yoda:

Edited by Albino4zn, 13 October 2006 - 03:52 PM.

#10 random

random

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:41 PM

Wow, nice job that's some great music and a great website. Keep up the good work.

#11 Rory

Rory

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Php, Html, Css, Javascript, ASP.NET, Photoshop, soccer, rigby, cricket, viticulture, Ruby#, C#, AJAX.

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

good website except that for users with a biggger resolution than 1280x1024 it's gonna look weird. And this is hard to fix witht eh type of backgkround you have. Otherwise nice design.

#12 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

I use 1280x1024, and it looks great to me :rolleyes:

#13 Rory

Rory

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Php, Html, Css, Javascript, ASP.NET, Photoshop, soccer, rigby, cricket, viticulture, Ruby#, C#, AJAX.

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:08 PM

I use 1280x1024, and it looks great to me :)

Lol I said

...biggger resolution than 1280x1024...

Not people with a resolution of 1280x1024

Unless of course you comment wasn't aimed at me partially. :D

Edited by sik of it, 14 October 2006 - 11:09 PM.

#14 Jakespikey

Jakespikey

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:05 AM

wow, that's really good.

I especially like the music. Is that you're band? If so, I want a CD :D

Agreed :)

#15 faulk

faulk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:23 AM

yeah that > 1280 x 1024 really imposes a problem as I am discovering fast. But thanks all for the comments and suggestions.

I put our EP online for all of you to download which contains the 5 songs on that site

http://www.lostinash...l/loveiswar.zip

It's a little out of date but if you like it download it!

#16 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:41 PM

Looks really nice great job, keep it up! Personally I don't really care for sites that have the music start once you enter the site I prefer to start it myself.

dEcade

#17 Dh.

Dh.

CSS Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:15 AM

I get a 404 error...

#18 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:54 AM

Goto the main site thingy now... it's gone online.

www.lostinashfordband.com

#19 .Bosa

.Bosa

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:02 AM

...first off : DAMN what a site :P
second: Do you have a tut or script for the musicplayer u got on your site ? if so could you please post a link here :lol:

-/ there's only one..

#20 faulk

faulk

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

Yes I forgot to mention the site went live it can be seen at lostinashfordband.com

...first off : DAMN what a site :D
second: Do you have a tut or script for the musicplayer u got on your site ? if so could you please post a link here ;)

-/ there's only one..

I actually used Jeroen Wijering's source code from his flash MP3 player as a guideline. I slightly modified it for my own use, but if you would like to use my version as an example you can download it here: natefaulkenberry.com/audioplayer.zip. I didn't make it into a tutorial or anything but if you understand ActionScript you should be able to get through it pretty easily. (Yes I credited Jeroen in my code)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users