- - - - -

Tutorialfanatic.com tutorial competition - $400 of prizes to be won

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 _*tutorialfanatic.com_*

_*tutorialfanatic.com_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:37 AM

Tutorialfanatic.com is now holding its first major competition, which is 1 of many to come. This competition is a tutorial contest. Anyone can join, theres no age limit etc. The only requirements you need is;

Active paypal account; If you win, i will have to send the money to somewhere.

Adobe photoshop on your computer (of course!)

What are we looking for?

We are looking for someone with great inspiration and new ideas, the tutorial can be based on anything you wish, for example; how to create a template, abstract effect etc..

The winner will be announced on the 6th of january.

How do i join

Create the tutorial, zip it or upload it, and send the file/link to [email protected], with your name and age, and tell me a bit about your work and why you think you should win.

Tutorials must be unique and new, and not indexed on any websites.

Prizes

1st prize: $150 sent via paypal, Free banner advertising on tutorialfanatic.com for 1 month, and a free paid text link.2nd prize: $75 sent via paypal, Free banner advertising on tutorialfanatic.com for 1month. 3rd prize: $40 sent via paypal, free text link for 1 month

Want anymore information? add me to msn [email protected]

http://www.tutorialfanatic.com

Thanks
LD

#2 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:16 AM

I will definitely be entering this.

One thing you may want to correct in your post. You never state that the tutorials must be based on Photoshop, but it's what you infer from your examples. Maybe somewhere in there, say whether or not the tutorials must be about doing something with photoshop.

Edited by Albino4zn, 17 December 2006 - 11:17 AM.

#3 _*tutorialfanatic.com_*

_*tutorialfanatic.com_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:21 AM

I will definitely be entering this.

One thing you may want to correct in your post. You never state that the tutorials must be based on Photoshop, but it's what you infer from your examples. Maybe somewhere in there, say whether or not the tutorials must be about doing something with photoshop.

Good one for pointing that out. Will correct it now, And good luck!
:)

#4 _*tutorialfanatic.com_*

_*tutorialfanatic.com_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:38 AM

http://www.tutorialf...com/?id=contest

If you are joining on the contest page there is an option to signup to the competition thanks.

Lewis

#5 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:44 PM

one more thing, may we submit more than one tutorial?

#6 _*tutorialfanatic.com_*

_*tutorialfanatic.com_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:59 PM

I am afraid only one tutorial may be submitted by each contender, the reason for this is because everyone has the equal chance of winning.

Good luck!!

Thanks,
LD

#7 z77

z77

Content Contributor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Art, Computers, Goldfish, Church, Pizza, Ice Cream, Frisbee, Paintball, PHP, C4D, Photoshop, Friends :)

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:00 PM

Hmmm... Why are you using Sconner's old layout for this site?

#8 Burst Effect

Burst Effect

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:11 AM

Sent something threw email, my emails [email protected] BTW.

#9 SoloThemes.com

SoloThemes.com

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Gaming,<br />Sports,<br />Parties,<br />Web-designing,<br />Web-programming,<br />Web-development,<br /><br />...........................

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:19 AM

hey,

i would love to enter this competition.... but i dont have a Paypal account... i live here in Pakistan, middle-east..... and Paypal is not available here... i was wondering if you can pay through alertpay.com or stormpay.com ??

thnx...

i will start on the tut once you have ensured if this is possible... coz it would be a waste of time if its not possible...

#10 Cmain

Cmain

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:29 PM

Sorry for bumping this topic but this contest was a scam as far as I can see. For one the contest was supposed to end on January 1st but he didn't end it so I emailed him and he said there were late submissions so he moved date back. So I was alright with that so I waited. Now I go back a few days before the end date and see my tutorial already posted on the website. Now the deadline date has ended and no email or no announcement of winners. Basically I think my tutorial was stolen. Mine is: http://www.tutorialf...dex.php?id=auro

Is there anything I can do about this. I don't want my work on his website considering other sites that aren't scams would be glad to have it.

#11 jdbadger

jdbadger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:45 PM

Sorry for bumping this topic but this contest was a scam as far as I can see. For one the contest was supposed to end on January 1st but he didn't end it so I emailed him and he said there were late submissions so he moved date back. So I was alright with that so I waited. Now I go back a few days before the end date and see my tutorial already posted on the website. Now the deadline date has ended and no email or no announcement of winners. Basically I think my tutorial was stolen. Mine is: http://www.tutorialf...dex.php?id=auro

Is there anything I can do about this. I don't want my work on his website considering other sites that aren't scams would be glad to have it.

Where are you cmain and where do you believe the site is based. I am an attorney in the U.S. and could look to see if there is some type of civil or criminal violation for you..unfortunately I would have to probably research some international law or law in the ocuntry of origin of the website. You may want to send an email stating that you have not authorized use of your tutorial and that they should remove it before you seek legal recourse....

Just a thought and not legal advice.

#12 Cmain

Cmain

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

I am from the USA but I believe that the site is based in the UK. I did a whois on the domain and proceeded to do a google search on the owner. I found that he also owns a site called tutsforyou.net. That jogged my memory back to: http://www.sitepoint...uction/3931?s=

Apparently he is bidding on his OWN auction. I should have realized that this was all a scam from the start.

#13 jdbadger

jdbadger

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:13 PM

I am from the USA but I believe that the site is based in the UK. I did a whois on the domain and proceeded to do a google search on the owner. I found that he also owns a site called tutsforyou.net. That jogged my memory back to: http://www.sitepoint...uction/3931?s=

Apparently he is bidding on his OWN auction. I should have realized that this was all a scam from the start.

I would go ahead and send him the email telling him to remove your tutorial - your entry was based on a legit contest and not for his free use. Give him a deadline to do it by - say 5 or 10 days.

#14 Cmain

Cmain

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:07 PM

I've given him a 10 day deadline. I will update with anything new as it happens.

#15 Pathanos

Pathanos

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:01 AM

Huge scam. He hasn't been online at all, as far as I know. He still owes me 100$, for doing some work on the site. Don't fall for this crap. Plus, I think he abandoned his old email.

#16 DijonWolfie

DijonWolfie

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:34 PM

Huge scam. He hasn't been online at all, as far as I know. He still owes me 100$, for doing some work on the site. Don't fall for this crap. Plus, I think he abandoned his old email.

The best course of action is if after 10 days to all forward a copy of the email, and a letter stating that he does not have permission to host your work on his website. His Hosting provider will then attempt to contact him to take the content down, and failing that they will take down the site. Remember to remain professional and courteous throughout.

#17 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

The best course of action is if after 10 days to all forward a copy of the email, and a letter stating that he does not have permission to host your work on his website. His Hosting provider will then attempt to contact him to take the content down, and failing that they will take down the site. Remember to remain professional and courteous throughout.

Unless he hosts himself (although he most likely doesn't).

#18 bĘko

bĘko

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:04 AM

what an asshole.

#19 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:23 AM

what an asshole.

I know how these guys feel. I've been scammed and used before.

#20 Cmain

Cmain

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:36 AM

Well it has been 10 days and still no reply. Looks like he has no intent of removing my work. I wonder how many other people bought into his scams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users