#1 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:58 PM

Anyone here still with Serverseed?

If your an old client watch out, both myself and Faken have had huge amounts taken off our credit cards this morning from him. I left that place months ago and even mentioned in the Staff Forum here my biggest fear was he still had all our credit details well that fear came true this morning.

If this happens to you, ring your Bank asap and notify them of the fraudulent charge so they note it, they cannot do anything until it shows on their online statements, as soon as it shows phone them again. Keep every record you can as your going to need it.

Still no contact, :) and I'm not very happy as I've had to get my CC increased to cover his amount.

#2 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Adrenaline, Etc

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:07 PM

that's shockin... shows how low some people can stoop to make their own xmas better... i had a bit of bad luck earlier this month after i bought a dvd from a website, they took payment immediately and still no dvd... have informed my credit card company tho and have had to send some forms back with transaction details. just have to wait to hear back from them... how on earth can that guy expect to get away with it anyway... so many ways they can track people down these days with everything pretty much being logged lol... hope u get ya cash back n that it aint ruined anyone's xmas!!

#3 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:16 PM

That wanker. I suggest Faken pay him a visit. (or should he be more concerned about you Donna :))

Edited by Matthew., 27 December 2006 - 01:16 PM.

#4 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:29 PM

That wanker. I suggest Faken pay him a visit. (or should he be more concerned about you Donna :P)

Yeah Dan would just be a pussycat compared to me lol, you don't wanna cross me :) you'll wonder what hit you.

#5 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:55 PM

That's just low...
I hope you people get your money back!

#6 _*Zenom_*

_*Zenom_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:36 PM

my account was deleted! i paid for the entire year, i have 1/2 year worth of hosting left, but its all gone now. I sent numerous emails, no response, im going crazy!!

oh btw Donna, cant you contact your bank? im sure they will make a block or something to help you.
nevermind, i read 1/2 your post when i was making this topic lol.

Edited by Zenom, 27 December 2006 - 03:38 PM.

#7 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:50 PM

my account was deleted! i paid for the entire year, i have 1/2 year worth of hosting left, but its all gone now. I sent numerous emails, no response, im going crazy!!

oh btw Donna, cant you contact your bank? im sure they will make a block or something to help you.
nevermind, i read 1/2 your post when i was making this topic lol.

My bank is already on it, just waiting til it shows electronically. Unsure where Dan is with his but he's not a happy chappy today.

You should add to my post at http://webhostingtal...d.php?p=4284591 and no emails have been responded not even when i cancelled my server with him 3mths ago Last response I had was my server was cancelled because I didn't pay but I knew that as I had moved off when everyone started having problems, as soon as Dan moved I was off and gone the same day., actually a few of us were.

#8 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:56 PM

Perhaps it's not my place but can i suggest you do pay him a visit lol. I remember something about either you Donnar (very 2.0 :lol: ) or Faken knowing someone near where whois says he lives? If i was in the same position (and admittedly i would be a little angry by now) i would make a quick trip over there and see what is going on instead of messing about with emails/phone calls ;)

Someone doesn't just disappear, he is there somewhere and if possible it may be worth the petrol :P

Edited by Matthew., 27 December 2006 - 03:58 PM.

#9 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:02 PM

Both myself and Dan live in Canada, and Florida is a million miles from where I live lol

He has completely vanished and yep it does happen. Aliens get em :lol:

#10 _*Zenom_*

_*Zenom_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2006 - 04:06 PM

im pretty sure hes not maintaining serverseed anymore. just look at his alexa ranking, its at 818,000. it used to be under 20,000. traffics down 61% :lol:

#11 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:01 PM

Anyway, The guy who owns serverseed :P ( Cant remember his name :lol: ) ;) Faken + Donna

- Adam :)

His name is Tyler if I remember correctly. I sure hope this doesn't happen to me I will be so pissed.

Hoot

#12 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:05 PM

I moved off server seed a little while ago, I really hope that this doesn't happen to be because that would really piss me off. I hope everything gets back to normal for you guys. Good luck.

dEcade

#13 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Adrenaline, Etc

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:19 PM

paying a visit wouldnt help resolve matters... altho i may help get ur money back faster u wouldn't b able to prosicute after beating the sh!t out of him lol... and for definite, I WOULD PROSICUTE

#14 ktd

ktd

* Something Ain't Right *

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:21 PM

Well, now he's doing illegal stuff so he's gonna get in trouble now. Someone should submit a report to the FBI now

#15 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:23 PM

For those people who used to be with serverseed, I'd suggest you contact your bank right now, and try to block transfers, before it happens to you as well.
Better be safe than sorry

Edited by Av-, 27 December 2006 - 06:23 PM.

#16 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:08 PM

Well, now he's doing illegal stuff so he's gonna get in trouble now. Someone should submit a report to the FBI now

lol what will the FBI do? NOTHING

==========

Anyways he still comes onto P2L as he last logged in on 29th Nov Last Seen: 29 Nov 2006 and his voicemail is the only thing that responds.

How many messages can you leave on those things before they get full anyone know?

#17 Mr. Matt

Mr. Matt

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:52 PM

lol what will the FBI do? NOTHING

==========

Anyways he still comes onto P2L as he last logged in on 29th Nov Last Seen: 29 Nov 2006 and his voicemail is the only thing that responds.

How many messages can you leave on those things before they get full anyone know?

well you can always learn and find out?

^^

Matt

#18 Mike345

Mike345

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:44 PM

When ever using ur credit card online stick to big well known established websites,
Dum sites like serverseed, store all your details in plaintext in there mysql db and when theyre a lil low on cash they simply sell it to bad ppl :)

They will never be caught prosecuted or anything cause it will cost the tight ass creditcard companies more money to investigate than to just give you what they took. Also most probably the homo thieves used the cc's online for things like scripts, skins, programmes's etc. Stuff that cant be taken back and wouldnt give away ther identity.

I use to work for PiracyReports lol, This is getting more and more common, so if you use a host like this make sure they use paypal or something. That way they wont get your cc's.

Good luck Donna :P
Mike

#19 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:26 PM

When ever using ur credit card online stick to big well known established websites,
Dum sites like serverseed, store all your details in plaintext in there mysql db and when theyre a lil low on cash they simply sell it to bad ppl :)

They will never be caught prosecuted or anything cause it will cost the tight ass creditcard companies more money to investigate than to just give you what they took. Also most probably the homo thieves used the cc's online for things like scripts, skins, programmes's etc. Stuff that cant be taken back and wouldnt give away ther identity.

I use to work for PiracyReports lol, This is getting more and more common, so if you use a host like this make sure they use paypal or something. That way they wont get your cc's.

Good luck Donna :)
Mike

Doesn't matter if the Company is big or small you can get done either way using a CC or Paypal, lol our info wasn't sold to Russian Warez sites or whatever you call those places where they sell peoples Credit Cards our accounts were re activated inside the billing area on SS none of us have servers left on that hosting my last email in Oct was my dedicated server was suspended.

4 that I know of now myself, Faken and 2 others from another site, all got hit today by auto batch generated payments. I dunno how anyone else done theirs but I used to have to login to activate the process for this to be enabled and today it just happened all by itself. :P The part that's confusing is how 4 accounts were re activated after 3mths lol and that's only 4 we know of so far.

Anyways I went ahead and contacted the data center, registrar and filed a complaint with the BBB in West Florida, left a few messages on his voicemail box.

The worst part is you cannot stop a company from charging your CC you basically have to let the charge go through your account, then dispute it afterwards. And worse still even if Dan or myself or the others cancel our credit cards or change account numbers, the automatic billing will still go through. Posted Image I don't really understand who is protecting who in all of this.

I have a good friend in Florida going to get them to go check out one address I managed to come across and if no one is living there, then I'll contact the Post Office.

It's in ICanns user agreement the whois details on your domain have to be correct especially the contact details unless your under a proxy or privacy, if our accounts are billed again he's at risk of his merchant licence being removed.

I'm hoping the other guys and Faken follow my actions as surely the data center has to come into action here somewhere if theres enough complaints, this is friggin crazy. He was a great guy and his hosting was A1 the best I'd experienced with anyone now I pay someone $50 a month to manage my dedicated server and I'm my own host that tysoft used to manage freely for me. I know I would never do this to any of my clients.

It just all crashed over 3mths ago and all his clients 100's of them on 9 diff servers I think it was had problems majority of us moved off before we completely lost our data.

Anyways, Dan's looking into a few more things tommorrow not a lot we can do until it shows on the banks data systems.

#20 Mike345

Mike345

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:39 PM

Ahh, I see, Thats better than what i thought happened, lool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users