5 replies to this topic

#1 SlientNightmare

SlientNightmare

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

Ok so picture yourself making this awsome sig but you dont have a pre-cut render to use. so you have to cut one yourself. One thing we can all agree on is that its hard and it would take lots of time to do. I will teach you a good way of How to cut out a render with simplicity

step one:

Now you may be thinking why the polygonal lasso tool? what good would that be? well its an amazing thing and i will teach you how.

Ok First take out The render you are going to use. ill use this render as an example:

Posted Image

Ok take out your polygonal lasso tool:Posted Image

and make a selection around your render like so:[NOTE if you use a different render then the selection will look different]
Posted Image

Step 2:
Next off you would want to copy your render onto a new documnet with a transparent bg like so:
Posted Image

Then simply take your polygonal lasso tool (again ;) ) and cut out the rest of your image so you get your render
Final product:
With this method of cutting a render this is what i got:
Posted Image

an you mite wanna see this too:
Posted Image

[NOTHER NOTE: i thought this method would help alot but im really bad at cutting curves so.. there mite be lots of wite spots left in the final product]
[This is the first EVER render i cut successfully and looks this good. and the method i used i just had to share with ya'll]
Comments grately apprecitated :)

~GinGerale

You MAY use this tut anywhere else or post it anywhere else ON ONE CONDITION!! that somewhere there must be "Origionally made by Gingerale :flowers: of Pixel2Life".. this means that you may reproduce this tut anywhere but "Origionally made by Gingerale :P of Pixel2Life" must be visible some where at the bottom maybe

Hope this helped!

Edited by Gingerale :P, 06 January 2007 - 12:52 PM.

#2 SlientNightmare

SlientNightmare

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:57 PM

Post your outcomes too if you like ;)

#3 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Adrenaline, Etc

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:03 PM

i personally prefer to use the pen tool as i find it more accurate and much easier to do curved sections... good tut tho ;)

#4 SlientNightmare

SlientNightmare

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

Im not good with the pen tool so.. thats why i made ;)

I have a question, can i submit it to P2L straght from here? or do i have to put it on my site then submit?

#5 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Adrenaline, Etc

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:21 PM

if this tut was to get ur title changed u cant put it anywhere else on the web, which i imagine would include ur own site

#6 SlientNightmare

SlientNightmare

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:22 PM

kk thanx and honestly it wasnt just for that it worked very well for me and im makein a new sig with it and would have posted it anyway if it changes my title or not

Edited by Gingerale :P, 06 January 2007 - 01:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users