• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Client Management, Web Hosting, Tutorial Writing

Posted 18 February 2005 - 07:30 PM

Ok, I hooked up with this great girl last night because I thought she was hot and she is really nice, and because she has adored me. Well I just got off the phone with her and she said "I love you." after liking her for a day. I said it back to be nice and hung up.

I am sitting here juggling and struggling at it. It is her, relaxation, or my career. Being only fourteen keeps passing through my mind, but I can't pass it up. I have finally given in, web design has taken over my life and I have to pull out the scissors before my relationship with this girl goes to far.

Honestly, I really want to be focused on school and work rather than a girl that is going to be on the phone with me every second I am not in her sight, I can't stand that, I think it is wrong. It seems like I always pick wrong dates to go out with girls because it ends up I need to cut it off before I leave for a trip.

I should be up in Canada speaking at a convention right now... unless they cancelled... but instead I am going to NY, because my Dad invited me out before the convention. So I am going to be in NY without cash due to not having work for a while, what am I suppose to bring back for her, a rock?

I seriously can't stand having a girlfriend mixing her way in with my web design. I don't know what to do, I have so much going on and taking on a full time responsibility, sheeze... what the heck am I going to do? Sigh.

#2 Rubysown

Rubysown

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Halo, gaming, Xboxs', etc.

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:19 PM

*sigh*

I know how you feel :P

#3 Koroshi

Koroshi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:37 PM

Are you 14? Or is she?

#4 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:56 PM

You can't tell if you love someone after 2 days, trust me, at that point you're still in the moment of the whole thing ;)

#5 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Client Management, Web Hosting, Tutorial Writing

Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:17 PM

I am 14, she is 13 (14 in June).

Jaymz- I know, that is her fault, she is the one who has liked me for a few months now, and she has adored me (as I said). I just kinda kissed her a little last night and she thought I really liked her so we kinda started going out.

If it weren't for the beeping I ;) U then I wouldn't have an issue. I am about to leave for a 3 day vacation with my dad. So maybe I will feel better.

#6 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:46 PM

Lol the premature "I love you".. been there :D tough decision to make, cause if you lie about it you get in doo doo later ;)

#7 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:03 PM

Lol the premature "I love you".. been there ;) tough decision to make, cause if you lie about it you get in doo doo later B)

I know, and that smiley face isn't incouraging my faith in it. :P

Mr ;) came down, picked me up and is about to drop me in :bs: if I dont wake up and do the right move. Duh duh :D . Joking, Google isnt the right place to go. LOL

#8 Logan

Logan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Fill out later

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:15 PM

Yeah I know what you are feeling, You want to have a girl friend but you want to have a good carrer that you enjoy. But right now I like graphic Design and iam pretty good at it, but Ive been always wanting to be a programmer for a game or for a software company so I want to know ahead of time what do I want to be a
Graphic Artisit or Programmer I swear it goes through my head every 2 hours... ;)

#9 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:20 PM

Pretty much logan....

For those of you who don't know my lifestyle, here is what I juggle on a daily basis.

School
Family
SterkD.com
Blizter.net
Spoono.com
Another Site You Will Find Out About Soon
Custom-Creations.com (Bug fixing, not allowed to do a total red-design)
Yet Another Site I Am Helping At You Will Find Out About Soon
Homework
Studying For Programming
Friends Online
Social Life
Bathing
Eating
Relaxing
Sleep

AND TO ADD A GIRL TO ALL OF THAT?!

Maaan am I in for it.

#10 Dabu

Dabu

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:23 PM

you sound like me minus the girlfriend and social life ;)

Although, what you gotta do is become competly lazy and and make your own work sceadule for sites :D Just ask faken about my work ethic

#11 Logan

Logan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Fill out later

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:24 PM

Iam planning to get into some kind of programming to see if I like it as much as I do in Graphic Design. By the way reccomend any good languages for begging programming?

#12 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:25 PM

you sound like me minus the girlfriend and social life  ;)

Although, what you gotta do is become competly lazy and and make your own work sceadule for sites :D

I do, but I have to manage so many things at once. And doctors say you should be able to do as many tasks as your age, and I try to do atleast triple that a day.

Iam planning to get into some kind of programming to see if I like it as much as I do in Graphic Design. By the way reccomend any good languages for begging programming?

I'll PM you.

#13 Dabu

Dabu

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:27 PM

what about the elderly? They supposed to do 80 tasks? Sounds like bs to me. I can multi-task pretty well, but I know what comes first (school, family, fun) and put that before anything on the net, and the poeple I do work for know that up front and can either accept that or not work with me. it is as simple as that! Prioritize and do what you want to.

#14 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:29 PM

what about the elderly? They supposed to do 80 tasks? Sounds like bs to me. I can multi-task pretty well, but I know what comes first (school, family, fun) and put that before anything on the net, and the poeple I do work for know that up front and can either accept that or not work with me. it is as simple as that! Prioritize and do what you want to.

Haha, I think we should eliminate over 55 years of age. =P

And I do prioritize, school and family first, but I need to work for a future and i need social for fun. So they interlock.

#15 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 06:29 AM

your 14 and supposed to be speaking at a convention in canada?

please explain

#16 Snoug

Snoug

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 08:22 AM

women r evil... You should just dump her and go grab a happy meal or something.

Web Design is the way of life... if you could love websites and create little sidepages that grow up to be big websites like pixel2life...... the world would be a better place. ;)

#17 Iceman10129

Iceman10129

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:AutoCAD and Drafting, working with cars, and of course women!

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:19 AM

I actually hear that come out of you younger kids more often these days. At the age of 14, the only people you can love are your family! lol...but I mean i read infos and people say I love all over the place. How can you love someone, when your not old enough to go on a real date with them (mom and dad not driving) and you have never lived togethor. So honestly i think you would be doing the right thing by staying away from that relationship. ;)

#18 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:25 AM

Your only 14... Man you are kind of young to be worring about having girlfriends. You need to be having fun and living life.

Its like Dabu said. You need to focus on school and family first. You will be so better off in the end. When you get older then you should start to date and have fun but dont ever get serious with a girl until your thinking of marriage, or what ever you feel as you get older.

Have fun. :)

Oh one other thing. Im pretty impressed with your site. To be only 14 and be doing what your doing on your site... Wow... B) Keep up the good work.

Best Regards,

Jason ;)

#19 komaci-zen

komaci-zen

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:43 AM

I agree that you should prolly focus on school... for now, but Canen young people CAN be inlove. My pal has been together with one girl for two years and they seem to be in love... theyre both now 15 years old.

Thanks

jazz

#20 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 10:50 AM

i don't think many young people know what love is to be honest

and all this crud about "dont have a gf it will ruin your programming and/or web design life", is bull lol

i've been with my girlfriend for over 6 months now and she is my break away from programming everytime i see her, which is a good thing, as everyone needs a break sometimes ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users