• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Football, Manchester United FC, Seeing the World, Music and tons more other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:40 AM

If anyone here has been watching the news lately you would have heard about the little girl who went missing, Madeleine McCann, in Praia da luz, Portugal, 11 dyas ago.

I would just like to give my best wishes to the McCann family and I hope your daughter is returned safe and well very soon.

I think that as a community like p2l we can help in a BIG way, could Dan maybe add a small image at the bottom of the p2l home page or something along thoses lines to encourage people who have possible information about Madeleine to speak out, it will also let people know who she is. Also feel free to use my current sig as your own, it will help spread the word.

News Link

Find Madeleine

PDF Poster

Attached Files

Edited by Propax, 14 May 2007 - 07:50 AM.

#2 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:11 AM

That'd be awesome!! By what at the bottom of the p2l home page? I hardly visit the bottom :P Shouldn't it be somewhere more noticable?

#3 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, Football, Manchester United FC, Seeing the World, Music and tons more other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:20 AM

Deffinently, but I thought the ads that make money would take priority, no offence to Dan or p2l.

Edited by Propax, 14 May 2007 - 07:20 AM.

#4 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:46 AM

Money doesn't buy lives, my friend - I'm sure Dan can spare at least one ad position to help

I wasn't trying to be harsh or anything, but if there was someone missing that I knew of, I wouldn't be putting money in front of it

But I can understand where you are getting from

#5 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:49 AM

I understand what you mean by money doesn't buy lives, but I wasn't sure whether or not to ask Dan, I have done just now. Hopefully he can sort something out :P.

#6 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:35 AM

Yeah this is very sad and I hope they find her ;)

Unfortunately our advertisers pay for their placement and expect to be above the fold on all pages. Let me see what I can cook up, but it wouldn't be on the top fold.

#7 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

Thanks Dan, I and many others would appreciate anything you could do.

Edited by Propax, 14 May 2007 - 10:41 AM.

#8 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:40 PM

I really hope we can find this sweet little girl soon. I cried when her parents made their first appeal

#9 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

Posted Image

#10 joshbond

joshbond

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

I hope she is returned safely.

I'm a bit confused on what the deal is with her eye? can someone explain this? thanks

#11 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

she was probably born with it like that, and they just have a picture of her eye so you know her if you see her.

#12 joshbond

joshbond

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:54 PM

she was probably born with it like that, and they just have a picture of her eye so you know her if you see her.

ok, thanks.
Ya, I hope she's ok.

#13 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:41 AM

They are kinda using it as a unique feature to look out for. Also they have began searching a villa 100 yards from where she was taken, the person who is being question is ex-pat.

I have been thinking, what about if we do a seperate page just for Madeleine. By this I mean a page where people can get the latest news and developments on this case. Sky news have done something similar. I don't mind supplying some graphics if it helps, I'll even maintain it if needs be.

It's just an idea ;).

#14 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:40 AM

I hope she is returned safely.

I'm a bit confused on what the deal is with her eye? can someone explain this? thanks

Part of her pupil goes in to her iris.

Dan

#15 α∂αмяoss

α∂αмяoss

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:football, Manchester Utd., coding, web developement, business, girls and warcraft.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

They are kinda using it as a unique feature to look out for. Also they have began searching a villa 100 yards from where she was taken, the person who is being question is ex-pat.

I have been thinking, what about if we do a seperate page just for Madeleine. By this I mean a page where people can get the latest news and developments on this case. Sky news have done something similar. I don't mind supplying some graphics if it helps, I'll even maintain it if needs be.

It's just an idea :biggrin:.

That would be a good idea, yes. Not only will it publicise the importance of finding her to everyone on this board, it might become an internet craze. Thus everyone knowing about it so more people to keep an eye out for her.

#16 Propax

Propax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:17 AM

LOL! I know this isn't a laughing matter but "Thus everyone knowing about it so more people to keep an eye out for her" just tickled me.

I know that myspace have setup up a page for her, I was thinking maybe a sub page off of the p2l home page. Or if we could rally together enough funds we could launch a help site just for her. We could have a donation section and everything. I can see it now. I will do anything to get this working, all we need is loads of support.

Anyone with me on this?

#17 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

LOL! I know this isn't a laughing matter but "Thus everyone knowing about it so more people to keep an eye out for her" just tickled me.

I know that myspace have setup up a page for her, I was thinking maybe a sub page off of the p2l home page. Or if we could rally together enough funds we could launch a help site just for her. We could have a donation section and everything. I can see it now. I will do anything to get this working, all we need is loads of support.

Anyone with me on this?

There's already a complete site for her... I read it daily: http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

Dan

#18 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:06 AM

Im really trying hard to understand why the parents left the kids alone in the first place at that age that does make one wonder.

#19 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:41 AM

Im really trying hard to understand why the parents left the kids alone in the first place at that age that does make one wonder.

what does it make you wonder?

but its done now, they made a mistake and theres nothing anyone can do to change it. they will know they made a mistake now and thats something they have to live with. but what they dont need right now is to read and hear about people questioning their parenting skills, they need to hear and read messages of support. and that is not a direct attack at you donna, it is aimed at the people who comment on newspaper sites such as the dailymail and really lay into them for leaving the kids alone like that.

#20 Matthew.

Matthew.

Official Spammer .Matt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:56 AM

It's a good point. Facts like that are often looked over with stories like these, i am not for one minute saying the parents deserve what they are going through - as Stu put, they made a mistake. But leaving your kids in a hotel room even a few hundred feet away from where you are at that age is not a good move, especially not abroad. Whether they were checking back every 40 minutes...well...I am unsure if i can believe that completely. But like i say, i am not putting them down to any great extent, they made a mistake...and they will learn from it as well as others.

It should also be said i suppose that other children go missing, not just their child has gone missing, it's happening all teh time...and whether it's right to be giving one case such attention is arguable. (I would say it is fine, i am just saying...)

Interesting point of thought...here in the UK parents have been prosecuted for leaving their children alone in the past. Should the same be done to Madelines parents?

I feel for them completely though, it's a terrible thing to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users