←  Photography Corner

Pixel2Life Forum

»

Flower Girl

msabas's Photo msabas 02 Jul 2007

I took a Black and White Photgraphy class last semmester here is one of my favorites and I did the printing as well for it.

Posted Image

I can almost see this image as a poster like inside a GAP Store or something similar..

Canen Art's Photo Canen Art 02 Jul 2007

This is very well taken. Keep up the great work. :)

Best Regards,

Jason ;)

MetalSkin's Photo MetalSkin 02 Jul 2007

Very nice mate. Black and White is a fav of mine and the photo you have presented is brillant. May I ask why you chose the title "Flower Girl"?

xXx-Treme's Photo xXx-Treme 03 Jul 2007

This something that can be called photograph!
Correct me if I'm wrong now, but it has been taken with 35mm camera? What kind of camera you used and what type of film, as it seems to have a realy high ISO speed? Now if I'm wrong, you have seriously edited it photoshop.

Anyway this really is a good photo, 11/10 :angrylooking:

msabas's Photo msabas 04 Jul 2007

Very nice mate. Black and White is a fav of mine and the photo you have presented is brillant. May I ask why you chose the title "Flower Girl"?

well she was holding a flower so to me it seemed obvious...

This something that can be called photograph!
Correct me if I'm wrong now, but it has been taken with 35mm camera? What kind of camera you used and what type of film, as it seems to have a realy high ISO speed? Now if I'm wrong, you have seriously edited it photoshop.

Anyway this really is a good photo, 11/10 :D

and to answer your questions No it was not edited on photoshop at all ISO was set at 400, and yeas 35mm film camera and film used.

Ive been using ILFORD for my film.. and I shot this with a Nikon N55 SLR.

And the reason why the picture looks the way it is so high in contrast and grainy is dur to the actual print ..

The image was enlarged prior to printing ,

and for those of you who might be thrwon of by printing I mean, when I was in the actual dark room developing the picture onto a photopaper..

I used several filters and i printed several prints to get what i was looking for.

Now I have pushed the ISO up to 3200 using 400 Film and that gives you a really grainy picture but its also best if you shot in very low light.. and i mean low light..

but this image again I shot with an ISO400 35mm film in daylight probably around noon..

MetalSkin's Photo MetalSkin 04 Jul 2007

well she was holding a flower so to me it seemed obvious...

Ahh, well to me it wasn't obvious that it was a flower, initialy it appeared to me to be a part of the far side of her hood that she is wearing.

JamieB's Photo JamieB 05 Jul 2007

From what I see it looks good, I'm not a photographer or have a clue about it really, but the photograph looks nice and the detail looks superb.

DeathWish^!'s Photo DeathWish^! 21 Aug 2007

Good shot

People would think it was a poster in Gap !

:D

msabas's Photo msabas 22 Aug 2007

Good shot

People would think it was a poster in Gap !

:P

Funny you say that because I was just asking around trying to see if I can seel the image to a store to have it displayed like that.

w1lz's Photo w1lz 24 Aug 2007

im so stunned at the quality of the photographs in these forums!
this is no exception, nice one!

Brandonador's Photo Brandonador 30 Aug 2007

I like it. Really artistic. Great job.