Help...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _*-[DarkLeo02]-_*

_*-[DarkLeo02]-_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:36 PM

Hey, I was wondering how you do that thing up there in the main banner on the main page, and ^ there too. In the bottom right corner, it starts mosaising (Is that a real word? and then theres squares placed above them.
But it starts to fade, and the square and mosaic are perfect and done in a weird way so they get it exactly where they want it. Can someone show/tell me how to do that? Thanks.

#2 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:08 PM

-,May 31 2004, 04:36 PM] Hey, I was wondering how you do that thing up there in the main banner on the main page, and ^ there too. In the bottom right corner, it starts mosaising (Is that a real word? and then theres squares placed above them.
But it starts to fade, and the square and mosaic are perfect and done in a weird way so they get it exactly where they want it. Can someone show/tell me how to do that? Thanks.

Well that was done in Photopaint, but I'm sure you do it the same way in Photoshop. Just take the imge you want to to do and create a duplicate on a second layer. Use a pixelate filter to give it the mosaic look. Once you've pixelated, draw a grid texture the same size as the pixelated boxes. Combine the grid and pixelated image onto the same layer and the use an object transparency tool to make the squares look like it's fading into the image :)

Hope that helps! It's very easy to do... takes 60 seconds or less :)

Faken

#3 _*phyre_st0rm_*

_*phyre_st0rm_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:23 AM

If you look to your left, and click "adobe photoshop" and i THINK it is under "special effects", you will find a very easy tutorial on how to do the effect. I don't have the time at this moment to tell you which tutorial it is...maybe someone reading this will know. What i remember from it is it is a picture of a roller coaster that the effect was done with. As soon as i get more time, i will find exactly what link it is and post it.

#4 _*phyre_st0rm_*

_*phyre_st0rm_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:48 PM

ok...found it.
http://www.rw-design.../ps/pixel-1.php
Great effect. I have a similar one coming up on my site (as soon as i get a few kinks worked out, it will be up)

#5 _*-[DarkLeo02]-_*

_*-[DarkLeo02]-_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:09 PM

Woot, Thanks guys!

#6 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:06 PM

Just made this tutorial tonight for you :) http://www.pixel2lif...el_pixelate.php

Faken

#7 _*-[DarkLeo02]-_*

_*-[DarkLeo02]-_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2004 - 02:55 PM

Aye! Thanks alot man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users