31 replies to this topic

#1 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:42 PM

Well, I finaly got the chance to rebuild my old computer that fried on me this week... the parts are comming in tomorrow :) so since I was getting a new computer I desided to do somethign special with this one and I want to build my own computer case for it.... so here are a couple sketchs and a 3D model I worked on fast to give me a better idea of what I'm doing...

Side sketch of it.....

Front sketch of it...

and...
Posted Image

(I put them in links so that I wouldn't stretch forum...)

Tell me what you think... and if you think somethign els would look cool on it tell me also... I was thinking of adding a metal mesh behind the plexy where the glowing signs are... haven't made it in 3D yet tho...

so yeah tell me what you think

EDIT!!!

As I said later in this thread... I was gonna also post my friends case that we will be modding and here is a quick 3D model of it... still not done all the details but soon lol....

Posted Image

PS: should be getting my plexy today so I'll finaly be able to start working on my case!!!!!!

Edited by lilman, 22 August 2007 - 12:57 PM.

#2 ChuckDraws

ChuckDraws

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

Well, I like it a lot. It'll probably suit you very well. IMO, I think it's a bit too curvy, but that's just me. Good luck with putting this together, you just GOTTA post pictres when you're done.

-Chuck

#3 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

hah. Good luck. It looks good, but getting that built is gonna cost a crap-load of money.

#4 BradyValentino

BradyValentino

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Web design and development. Photography. Astronomy.

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:41 AM

hah. Good luck. It looks good, but getting that built is gonna cost a crap-load of money.

Agreed, good luck with it.

#5 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii & PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:31 AM

How are you planning on making it?

One thing I notice about the astetics (sp?) is that you might have issues with your drives in front with how curvy the front is. Remember that the from of all Disc drives are flat so you would probably want to make sure the front is flat enough that the curved front doesn't look bad with the flat drive fronts. Unless of course the curve is just a door in which case it wouldn't matter :P

#6 Bouzy210

Bouzy210

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

Looks sweet. Not exatly my stile but I like it. I agree with what was posted above. Also make sure it is big enough for a everything you want. (THink in the future also think about one day if you want extra .... Whatever.

#7 CrazedLlama

CrazedLlama

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music, Guitar, Basketball

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:46 AM

Really nice job. Great idea, but seems hard and expensive.

#8 SebLev

SebLev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:36 PM

thanks for the comment guys.... and yeah I have already thought about this alot... the price will cost me around 100$ probably... plexy will be 60$ and wood I already got a bunch and only thing is I might add a metal mesh behind the plexy so that you can see it where the signs are cut out....

but yeah don't worry I already thought of the CD drive... and I think I will get myself one of those slim drives that dont use those table things... like a CD drive you have on a mac...

but yeah I'll post some pictures up once its done and maybe even while I'm making it.... so stay tuned I guess lol

#9 tarn

tarn

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Computer graphics, Web design, Fashion & Fashion art, Music, Business, Tech & gadgets

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:37 AM

Please post update on work progress and photos!

#10 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii & PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:10 AM

Definitely post pics!

Wood eh? That should be interesting. I assume the wood won't actually be available (even through the air) to the inside of the case b/c that would retain heat like a mad man unless treated right.

#11 efd

efd

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:52 AM

Definitely post pics!

Wood eh? That should be interesting. I assume the wood won't actually be available (even through the air) to the inside of the case b/c that would retain heat like a mad man unless treated right.

That, and moisture.

#12 msabas

msabas

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:27 AM

not bad looks like you did a good job creating the 3D Model of it

#13 SebLev

SebLev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

yeah teh 3D model was easy... now on to the hard part...

Well I just ordered my plexy glass so I'll wait for that to come in but right now I'm trying to figure out a way to rebuild the metal case and skweeze all my stuff into a 13" by 13" by 6" case.... doesnt help my new cpu heatsink is huge :\

I'll post a picture of my computer parts in my old metal case if I find my camera cable <_<

Edited by lilman, 25 July 2007 - 07:02 PM.

#14 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:52 PM

doesnt help my new cpu heatsink is huge

Thought about water cooling? My last PC had that and I was rather amazed how small the pump and radiator was for that. Real tiny and I tucked everything in all that wasted space by the PSU.

#15 SebLev

SebLev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

HA! yes I have actualy.... but I need to be saving for college lol and it's enough I already spent more then I should of....

but once I'm out of school and I have teh cash laying around I'll probably modify the case I'm making now and mae it for a water cooling system.....

P.S. to Creative... I will kill that bug <_<

#16 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:19 PM

P.S. to Creative... I will kill that bug

PMSL.. now you leave my little bug alone.

#17 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

wtf is PMSL?

PMS Lately, maybe? iono

Edited by albinoAZN, 29 July 2007 - 11:23 PM.

#18 SebLev

SebLev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:10 PM

lol yeah I don't know either but I figured I just wouldn't bother haha hes special as is... I didn't wanna make him look more special :biggrin:

#19 excel

excel

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:50 PM

Here are my comments:
The idea is good..but donno how you will make it real..because most of them look better in virtual world rather than real world. You may get bored after few days looking at it. Any how keep up the good work.

In order to see the light, one has to risk the dark.

#20 SebLev

SebLev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

haha don't worry I already thought everything out... found out how I will do it and I have already ordered all my material... only need the plexy glass which is taking for ever :\... and I have been looking at it for over 2 weeks and I still love it and I'm loving it more and more the further I get into this project....

and on a side note: I ended up convincing one of my friends to also make a custom case with me and he agreed and so right now I'm working on a 3D model of his so that we can have a better idea on it.... so I'l probably post picture on that one in here also....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users