• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Balor

Balor

PHP Nerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:My beautyful girl, my son and webcoding. I'm also very interested in art but I'm not really good at art... it's sad but true ^^

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:08 AM

Hi everybody,

don't know if this is the right forum, but didn't know where to post it else. However I'm currently making a tutorial on how to make a small discussion board similiar to known like phpBB or IPB. But before I go on with this, I wanted to know if there are even people out there that have interest in such a tutorial?

Sincerely,
Chris

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

I'm sure there would be a lot interested in a tutorial like this.

You know you can also publish your tutorials here: http://www.pixel2life.com/publish/

#3 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:27 PM

Hell Yeah! This is something I have wanted to do for some time now and seem to fall at the first hurdle.
So a tut on this Chris would be awesome and I for one would be in your dept.

Not meaning to rush or anything, but what time frame are we talking?

#4 Balor

Balor

PHP Nerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:My beautyful girl, my son and webcoding. I'm also very interested in art but I'm not really good at art... it's sad but true ^^

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:09 AM

@Donna

ya I know, a small tutorial of mine is currently pending. :lol:

@Creative Insanity

I hope to get it done in about one week. I already have the scripts done and working.

#5 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:58 AM

A week.. WOOHOO. must tag this thread!

#6 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii & PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:03 AM

I would be very much interested as well.

#7 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:17 AM

I see a crowd gathering... COUNT ME IN!

#8 mattcch2007

mattcch2007

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:18 AM

maybe a blog or a punbb/mybb forum seem suitable for a small tuttorials starter.

for your reference only. :P

#9 Balor

Balor

PHP Nerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:08 AM

Well I'm sorry to say that but it won't be released before next week... not this week anymore... I got a job going on that ends this friday.

However, here is what I want for this tutorial:
  • Forum Configuration
  • User Management (Registration, Login, Userprofile, Userlvl) <- I won't show how to upload an avatar, there are enough tutorials out there for this.
  • Forum and Category management
  • BBCode
  • Editing own posts and quoting other posts
  • Standart Forum view (topic, views, replies, last reply)
  • Simple Moderation via listbox (close topic, delete topic, move topic)
  • User Ranks
  • Topic Images
If you have anything that you're really interested in, then let me know. But if it's much more it will take some more time of course.

Sincerely,
Christian Weber

#10 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:16 AM

Next week ah.. that sounds good to me..
*excitedly runs to his time machine*

#11 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Well I'm sorry to say that but it won't be released before next week... not this week anymore... I got a job going on that ends this friday.

• Forum Configuration
  • User Management (Registration, Login, Userprofile, Userlvl) <- I won't show how to upload an avatar, there are enough tutorials out there for this.
  • Forum and Category management
  • BBCode
  • Editing own posts and quoting other posts
  • Standart Forum view (topic, views, replies, last reply)
  • Simple Moderation via listbox (close topic, delete topic, move topic)
  • User Ranks
  • Topic Images
If you have anything that you're really interested in, then let me know. But if it's much more it will take some more time of course.

Sincerely,
Christian Weber

The way I read your topic was you wanted to do a tutorial how to create a forum not how to use it's features and configure, all of the above is in majority of forum software in setup and help files and has already been written many times over.

#12 Balor

Balor

PHP Nerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:49 PM

The way I read your topic was you wanted to do a tutorial how to create a forum not how to use it's features and configure, all of the above is in majority of forum software in setup and help files and has already been written many times over.

Um that's exactly what I'm doing, I'm just listing the features that I have already built in or I want to have built in?! I didn't write anywhere that I'm writing a documentation on how to use forums...

#13 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Um that's exactly what I'm doing, I'm just listing the features that I have already built in or I want to have built in?! I didn't write anywhere that I'm writing a documentation on how to use forums...

Maybe I'm not understanding you as you wrote: I'm currently making a tutorial on how to make a small discussion board similiar to known like phpBB or IPB.

the above I quoted in my previous reply is really general documentation of how to's and now you say your not doing that.

Forum Configuration
User Management (Registration, Login, Userprofile, Userlvl) <- I won't show how to upload an avatar, there are enough tutorials out there for this.
Forum and Category management
BBCode
Editing own posts and quoting other posts
Standart Forum view (topic, views, replies, last reply)
Simple Moderation via listbox (close topic, delete topic, move topic)
User Ranks
Topic Images

Anyways will await and see either I`ve read it wrong or whatever, so don`t be offended.

#14 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

I think it is a forum tut and that is how I am reading it all Donna.
For me anyway.. I can't wait to get my teeth into it.

#15 .CJ

.CJ

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

Sounds awesome. I'm building a CMS system with a forum [self made] so should be inspiring to see what you come up with.

#16 Balor

Balor

PHP Nerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

I'm not offended in any way donna, maybe it sounds like that because of my poor english. However I'm not offended and I didn't want that it sounds like that.

To make it clear, I want to make a tutorial on how to create a small discussion board and NOT a tutorial on how to use such discussion boards.

The list I typed was a feature list of things I want to include in the forum that will be developed during the tutorial.

#17 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:10 AM

Hey Balor, what is the time frame on this. Sorry if this sounds pushy but I am just really excited about this tut.

#18 Balor

Balor

PHP Nerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:22 AM

Well I'm still working on it, I hope to get it finished till friday or saturday... the bad thing is that it has to be approved then.. so it may take some more days... i would say monday.

#19 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:28 AM

You're putting it on the P2L Publisher, yes? If so, you can still link us while it's in the approval queue :blink:

#20 Balor

Balor

PHP Nerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:30 AM

That works? I thought only moderators would have the rights to view pending tutorials^^ Nice :blink: Thanks for the tip Bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users