24 replies to this topic

#21 JoeyMagz

JoeyMagz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:33 AM

I'm trying to update as often as possible... usually when ever I have a free minute or two I write a script for it. I have some more updates ready to post when I get home on sunday. At home I have a working script that I've been testing with my brother as well. There are a few bugs here and there but I'll update the post Sunday with a lot of those scripts.

#22 Colin Lundy

Colin Lundy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:54 PM

heya i am very interested in your script, i would like to know if you have a index.php file for this? i am not sure wot way you are setting everything into motion

if you do could you please post it for me :) many thanks

#23 JoeyMagz

JoeyMagz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Ok, I'm bringing this project back due to boredom. It's been 2 years since I last updated this little project of mine and luckily I still have ALL of the source code that I already posted up on here, plus some more code that I finished up and never got around to posting. It's probably going to be after the weekend before I make the first new update on here, but I will definitely be working on this throughout the weekend. As for some of the old requests for this project that I have been looking into and features:

Webcam Capability - Will be done with Flash.

Admin Panel - I think I answered this one already, but yes it will definitely be in the next couple of updates. Depending on your set up, the administration panel can be used for everything from restarting your server (if you have root/administrator access) to moderating conversations of flagged users.

Group Meetings - Can be used for a bunch of friends on the website to chat about anything, or this can be used for staff members to have their meetings.

Buddy Window - The administrator will have the ability to make the buddy list a part of the website or in a separate window. (facebook style or AIM style). I'm trying to think of ways to do this with the change of a variable rather than the admin having to make any significant changes to code. Of course, if the admin does end up having to change code, I will make a README file that has step by step how to do it. Will not be implemented until around version 0.85 or so.

More to come...

Edited by JoeyMagz, 30 January 2011 - 12:45 AM.

#24 rc69

rc69

PHP Master PD

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts
  • Interests:Web Development

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

With regards to the webcam, i believe Flash can actually access the webcam if a user grants it permission. If it works, then using flash should provide you with an actually acceptable frame rate. Uploading a picture every couple of milliseconds would kill your bandwidth and your server.

#25 JoeyMagz

JoeyMagz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

Placeholder for updates...

Edited by JoeyMagz, 30 January 2011 - 12:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users