3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnnyquest

Johnnyquest

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:42 PM

had a few questions, which I really hope can be answered... Please help.. Please..
I am doing a website in flash and I have interactive buttons for the tool bar. So when you hit a button the main picture changes and the text appears. When you hit the next button a new picture pops up and new text appears.. Now I tried doing it with movie clips and ran into problems with the pictures overlapping and then when you clicked the next button the picture/text would load up behind the other ones.. Big mess, I took a few classes on flash mostly Animation... So instead, when you hit the buttons it loads a new .swf file that works.. But It have to load the file every time which makes the interactivity very slow and there is a pause in-between it..
I hope this makes sense.. But if not here is what I have so far...http://home.comcast.net/~j.semerad Here is what I want it to look like... http://www.nolte.com Please help me with this, if you can.
Or maybe a way to preload it or something...
Maybe something so that the movie-clip pops up when you hit a button.. Then goes invisible when you hit another button for a movie-clip.. But also comes back when you hit the button for it again!

#2 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:24 AM

ok all you need to do is this. make 2 layers 1 for your buttons and 1 for you pics now make the buttons from frame 1-how ever many pics you have.
now in frame 1 put your home page. then insert a keyframe in frame 2 and put 1 of the pics. then insert a keyframe in frame 3 and put a dif pic and delete the first. so on and so forth. untill you have each pic on its own frame.
now go back to the buttons and add this code to them by opening the actions tab and typeing:

on (release) {
gotoAndStop(2)
}

substitue whatever the frame number you are wanting to go to where the 2 is. for example if you want to go to frame 6 you would type:

on (release) {
gotoAndStop(6)
}

hope this helps. if not let me know and i will help more.

#3 Johnnyquest

Johnnyquest

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:03 AM

ok all you need to do is this. make 2 layers 1 for your buttons and 1 for you pics now make the buttons from frame 1-how ever many pics you have.
now in frame 1 put your home page. then insert a keyframe in frame 2 and put 1 of the pics. then insert a keyframe in frame 3 and put a dif pic and delete the first. so on and so forth. untill you have each pic on its own frame.
now go back to the buttons and add this code to them by opening the actions tab and typeing:

on (release) {
gotoAndStop(2)
}

substitue whatever the frame number you are wanting to go to where the 2 is. for example if you want to go to frame 6 you would type:

on (release) {
gotoAndStop(6)
}

hope this helps. if not let me know and i will help more.

You are a god amongst men!!!
I love you.. If you were right here i would kiss you!
I used what you were saying put instead of goto and stop i used goto and play and just ended where i wanted it with a stop() works like a charm.. Ohh so sweet!
Thank you alot. Lifesaver!

#4 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 01:06 AM

lol np. but you can leave out the kiss lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users