12 replies to this topic

#1 Lollipop-

Lollipop-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:28 AM

My girlfriend and I took a trip to London Zoo yesterday, and I thought this would be a great oppertunity to grab some shots of wild animals.

The Lion King
Pure Green
On The Lookout
The Taste of Air
Razor Sharp
Gorilla King
Just Chillin'
Scorpio
On The Hunt
Just Chillin - No .2
Pure Green - No. 2
Ribbet
On The Edge

Feel free to comment on the photo's on DeviantART or in here.

Thanks.

Lollipop-

#2 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

those deviantart labels make it very hard to analyse the pictures :P

#3 Lollipop-

Lollipop-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

I'm sorry, I just dont want these shots to be ripped or passed around as someone elses work, I tried real hard to capture these.

Lollipop-

#4 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

I'm sorry, I just dont want these shots to be ripped or passed around as someone elses work, I tried real hard to capture these.

Lollipop-

watermarks won't protect your images, if they really want them they can easily take them. Post thunbnails and you'll probably get more comments as we're all too lazy to click to other sites here. :)

#5 Lollipop-

Lollipop-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

Okay, here we are, some thumbnails - not all, but my favourite ones from the collection.
Pure Green:
Posted Image

On The Hunt:
Posted Image

Scorpio:
Posted Image

Ribbet:
Posted Image

The Taste of Air:
Posted Image

The rest you can view on my deviantART page.

Sam.

#6 xXx-Treme

xXx-Treme

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photoshop, Parkour, Buildering, Rock Climbing, Adrenaline, Extreme sports, Extreme lifestyle

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:01 AM

There are shots out of focus. Like lion king, it looks foggy to my eye.
Pure green is nice but mybe it would be better without the exessive empty space on the sides, i would have cut it down a little :(
On the lookout - coulrs are faded, if this was taken in rawe you could try adding some saturation
the last to i mentioned are also centered shot.. In last case it is reall bad as the empty space on right of the animal is left totaly unnoticable as the animal itself is looking left and this draws atention to the left epmty side of the photo. Now you could have tried placing animal on a right third.
taste of air - out of focus
razor sharp is something that i like, good close up :D
gorilla kind - out of focus and taken to far, the face of gorilla is black and you cant see the eyes (maybe it is also because of the watermark.
just chillin' - next time making a shot like that, try to get the whole beast onto the shot. At the moment it looks like you have just selected a point and cut it into half :D
scorpio - what was your goal on that photo? The capture the claw? In this case you succeeded. To capture the scorpio? You failed. On animal shot what people mostly want to see is the face :)
On the Hunt - is a big mess, everything theat can distract a photo are in focus... What would have saved the shot had been cutting it verticaly while conecentrating on the head skin and the piece of wood there... Also out of focus. At this version my eye is drawn on the hay on right corner and then I notice the snake.
Just Chillin' - No. 2 - look out of focus and colours are faded... This is good only sometimes but when you have a colourful animal it would be better to try to get all the colours on a shot and in case of failure you can turn them up later in photoshop
Ribbet - out of focus... I start to think that you have used AF mode and this does a lot of mistakes when choosing the best point to focus.
On the edge - it should be iguana... :P What distracts on the photo is flash, it reflects from the wet skin of the animal.

Good job anyway! At least you're trying! 6/10 as a total score

#7 Lollipop-

Lollipop-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:37 PM

There are shots out of focus. Like lion king, it looks foggy to my eye.
Pure green is nice but mybe it would be better without the exessive empty space on the sides, i would have cut it down a little :biggrin:
On the lookout - coulrs are faded, if this was taken in rawe you could try adding some saturation
the last to i mentioned are also centered shot.. In last case it is reall bad as the empty space on right of the animal is left totaly unnoticable as the animal itself is looking left and this draws atention to the left epmty side of the photo. Now you could have tried placing animal on a right third.
taste of air - out of focus
razor sharp is something that i like, good close up :D
gorilla kind - out of focus and taken to far, the face of gorilla is black and you cant see the eyes (maybe it is also because of the watermark.
just chillin' - next time making a shot like that, try to get the whole beast onto the shot. At the moment it looks like you have just selected a point and cut it into half ;)
scorpio - what was your goal on that photo? The capture the claw? In this case you succeeded. To capture the scorpio? You failed. On animal shot what people mostly want to see is the face :)
On the Hunt - is a big mess, everything theat can distract a photo are in focus... What would have saved the shot had been cutting it verticaly while conecentrating on the head skin and the piece of wood there... Also out of focus. At this version my eye is drawn on the hay on right corner and then I notice the snake.
Just Chillin' - No. 2 - look out of focus and colours are faded... This is good only sometimes but when you have a colourful animal it would be better to try to get all the colours on a shot and in case of failure you can turn them up later in photoshop
Ribbet - out of focus... I start to think that you have used AF mode and this does a lot of mistakes when choosing the best point to focus.
On the edge - it should be iguana... :P What distracts on the photo is flash, it reflects from the wet skin of the animal.

Good job anyway! At least you're trying! 6/10 as a total score

Wow, thanks for the feedback, so detailed, dont worry, I'll come back with hopefully some improved shots ! I'm greatful for the feedback, thank you !

Lollipop-

#8 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:06 AM

this awy i am learning things too <3
thx.

#9 Lollipop-

Lollipop-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

I believe xXx-Treme is the one to be thanking for the detailed feedback.

#10 The-Pixel

The-Pixel

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Web Design and Development

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:09 AM

Hello,

Great pictures thank you for showing.

#11 Lollipop-

Lollipop-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:40 AM

Hello,

Great pictures thank you for showing.

Always my pleasure showing and sharing them here with the P2L Community :P

Thanks for the comment mate.

Lollipop-

#12 Fernkurs

Fernkurs

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:01 AM

Nice shots you have here! I like the detailed shot of Pure Green. What camera did you use?

#13 Lollipop-

Lollipop-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

I used the Canon EOS 400D with the standard 18-5mm Kit Lens.

Thank you for the comment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users