4 replies to this topic

#1 Spyder

Spyder

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:24 PM

Hi, I've been practicing my web design after not touching photoshop for almost 2 years, I revamped this layout i began when I was 14 before I lost interest in photoshop.

Here's where i'm at tonight: Tonight or Slightly darker version... don't know which looks better for you windows users.

tell me what u think, the website name and content is all made up, I just put it in there so I can get a good idea of how it would look, and I guess it may come in handy someday. Also I made it on a mac, and I don't know how the colours will look on windows as I don't know how to get photoshop to show me windows web colours, the colouring in it isn't as vibrant as I had planned but at the time I didn't know how to proof my colours for the web.

Anything I could improve on? Would you think an amateur or a proffesional designed this... thoughts like this are encouraged.

Edited by spyder, 27 May 2009 - 05:36 PM.

#2 LMNOPeaches

LMNOPeaches

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:26 AM

wow, i really like what you have so far. im on a mac, and the darker version looks much better to me.

definitely not an amateur template.

#3 ninja_girl

ninja_girl

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

I'm on WinXP and the slightly darker version looks more vibrant to me. It could be a little bit more narrow, it seems to be too wide for my 1024x768 resolution. I love the design though, and I would think that a professional made it. :blink:

#4 Spyder

Spyder

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

Thank you guys :blink:, glad to hear you don't think it looks like something the kid next door would make with his dodgy copy of elements.

it is 1024x768 but imageshack add a little margin onto the left of the image... if i were to code it I would make the actual center smaller cos it is a little wide for those who still run smaller resolutions.

#5 Brandonador

Brandonador

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:I really love computers. Especially the internet, and discovering new people's ideas, and designs. Love to look at different layouts and coded designs that people come up with. And Flickr, one of my favorite sites...

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

I am a WinXP user also. I have to say, BOTH are excellent. But, my favorite would have to be the lighter one. It looks alot more detailed to me for some reason, and detail is the key. While not being to cluttered in your web design.

However, as for the font at the top-left corner, where it says "Never Again", I think you should change the font to something.. a little more bold. Not that it doesn't look good at all, but, it's not.. as.. "wow", as I would have imagined it. You know? Just make it a little more bold, and slightly easier to read font. Some people that view your webpage might not like the font, because it takes extra effort to read. The font for the statement, "Never again" should be a stronger type of font. If you are emphasizing, "NEVER again." You should emphasize your statement a little more with a bolder, yet uplifting type of font.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users