#2 Wybe

Wybe

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:I have no interests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

Is that chinese for "rate the forum in my signature"?

#3 EvilAssassin

EvilAssassin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

What do you mean

#4 Wybe

Wybe

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:I have no interests

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

are we supposed to give you feedback about the template you're using or congratulate you with the group of people you've assembled? It's just a forum you know, what was your part in it?

#5 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

With your site you should keep your folders more organized. Put your forum files in a different folder than your main site. for example instead of having your forums index, index.php and your main site index.html have your main site /index.html but your forums location /forums/index.php This will save you headaches when you are trying to update files.

Your main site doesn't look too bad, it seems a little cluttered but overall good work for your first site, although you should try and avoid using Iframes they are very web 1.0.

Hoot

#6 ToonNetwork

ToonNetwork

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Computers, Digital Animation, Painting, Skateboarding, Cars, Web Design.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:54 PM

With your site you should keep your folders more organized. Put your forum files in a different folder than your main site. for example instead of having your forums index, index.php and your main site index.html have your main site /index.html but your forums location /forums/index.php This will save you headaches when you are trying to update files.

Your main site doesn't look too bad, it seems a little cluttered but overall good work for your first site, although you should try and avoid using Iframes they are very web 1.0.

Hoot

Yes, defenetly take his advice about using Iframes, I used to use them when I was 14, now I'm 21 so you should try and learn about includes. As far as your website goes, if you really want to call it a website and not have people give you a hard time about it atleast take the whole forum script, transfer it to a separate folder like Hoot said, and create yourself a mini website that links to the forum in the main folder and make that your index file. And as for the people giving you a hard time earlier, don't worry, I'd be cranky too if my mommy didn't let me go out and play with the other nerds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users