#1 Blambu

Blambu

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

Hey guys,

Anyways, without further waiting, I have recently been designing a new layout for my newly launched web development studio 'Escensi', which the name means 'to climb' in Latin, the girlfriend came up with that name after spending many hours playing with words, and anything to-do with my name, in the end, we went for something random and catchy.

I've only done the homepage coding at the moment and playing about with the other pages in Photoshop also tonight, so I've uploaded the homepage, you can click on the menu links at the top to get a feel of what the menu will do once clicked, I think the menu is beautiful personally, as it is something original and out of the box to standard menus we see these days, it has detail and innovation, don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but this is a new style of designing with this site, as black isn't a colour I've played with a lot, and this is my first black/dark brown site I've done, and I'm really happy the way it turned out.

There is also some JavaScript using MooTools going on in the homepage too, just keep your eye out on the right pane and after 6-ish seconds you should notice the latest work area to slide out and show another concept of my latest work.

Rollover the Mobile number at the bottom and notice it changes, just simple interaction, a slight 'Easter Egg' as they would call it as it's a hidden feature, until found.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any response from you folks, looking forward to what you have to say

http://www.escensi.com/v2

:)

#2 Trevsweb

Trevsweb

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:the usual GFX and coding

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

i find the scroller a bit fast for me. maybe include manual scroll buttons too?
also the larger descriptions in the scroller push the case study down so its hidden.

nice design though like the ideas and the simplicity i find it a little dark for my tastes though

#3 helpvids

helpvids

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Computers, gadgets, webdesign, webdevelopment, online training

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

I love the simplicity of the design.

The buttons at the top are cool. Love the circle and arrow animation, adds right amount of fun.

Red works very well.

I personally like black (currently use a black background), but are thinking of turning away from it for my site, as it gives more of a hacker feel.

Some of the view case study buttons have been pushed too far down, so they don't line up ( checked chrome and firefox happened on both) Also the slider was a bit fast for my liking.

I see you haven't finished the site, but anyway a few SEO things to make sure you check:

• Your Title tag is not the first tag in the <HEAD> area of your page
  • Your keyword is not present at the end of your page (last 50 words)
  • Your keyword is not present in the first 3 ALT image attributes on your page, make sure you name your images with the appropriate keywords.

Anyway, know it is a development site, so you probably haven't finished SEO side of things.

I really like your design, so please critique mine, (I have just posted for helpvids.com) we are looking to change the complete design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users