24 replies to this topic

#21 Elrohier

Elrohier

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

I'm not talking about social media to get back-links, theirs already many ways to do that already. I'm talking about using them to connect with your sites viewers and using the sites to connect to new people. Finding people who need help and directing them to a page of yours that could help them. It makes the site seem less corporate and more friendly. It's all about networking, because then other people will talk about it, maybe blog about it; thus creating back-links.

Networking. Its a good thing.

Matt.

#22 helpvids

helpvids

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Computers, gadgets, webdesign, webdevelopment, online training

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:51 AM

How would you implement it in the website Elrohier? Are you thinking about adding a tweet to the homepage or being more active on facebook?

#23 Elrohier

Elrohier

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

I would stay away from Facebook.

What I mean is to get in touch with your target group. Yes adding a Twitter landing page is a good idea, and adding a twitter bar on your site. But it's all about connecting with your peers and customers. Thats what networking is about, mainly when you dont have millions for advertising and branding. :P

#24 helpvids

helpvids

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Computers, gadgets, webdesign, webdevelopment, online training

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:43 AM

Yes I can see how it can be useful. I have started a twitter page, but have to admit I find most of the social media a bit tedious to keep up with. Maybe it is just me.:P

I guess that networking for networking's sake is not my hobby, but I might need to make it my priority.LOL

pixel2life is a very interesting source of traffic for us, I am also looking into creating tutorial widgets that people can use for free with my embedded vids.

#25 Hazelnice

Hazelnice

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

Well, To get the files in small size you need some good compression. but the money starts adding up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users