18 replies to this topic

#1 user_f_ps_other

user_f_ps_other

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:49 AM

Hello there I was wondering if someone can help me out. I found this website the other day at www.internettinyawards.com. Can you tell me how to make the flash scrollbar which is used on the News section of this website. I am using Flash Mx 2004. Thanks in advance

#2 Streetproject

Streetproject

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:bolwing, computers, friends, etc.

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:11 AM

Add this to your body. It is a Simple script I made, that will loop over and over again. The "100"s are the speeds to which it will change. Make them longer to make the change take longer. Change the colors to flash by changing the 6 charecter codes before the "#"s. Find a hex chart, you can type in simple colors, like "blue" or "green". Make sure to leave them all lower case. I couldn't find the scrollbars on the site you gave me, but that site looked like it was animated with "Macromedia Flash", but the main pages scroll bar wasn't colored. here you go.

<!-- PLACE IN BODY -->
<script language="JavaScript">

function go1(){
document.body.style.scrollbarBaseColor="#FFFFFF";
setTimeout('go2()', 100)
}

function go2(){
document.body.style.scrollbarBaseColor="#FFFF99"
setTimeout('go3()', 100)
}

function go3(){
document.body.style.scrollbarBaseColor="#FFFF33"
setTimeout('go4()', 100)
}

function go4(){
document.body.style.scrollbarBaseColor="#FFFF99"
setTimeout('go1()', 100)
}

</script>

<script language="JavaScript">
go1()
</script>

<!-- END -->

#3 user_f_ps_other

user_f_ps_other

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for answering my reply. But my not after the javascript code i'm after how to make the Macromedia Flash sub scrollbar in Flash Mx 2004 which is used for the news section to scroll down the news. Hope someone can help me out.

#4 Streetproject

Streetproject

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:46 AM

Do you have Macromedia, cuz if you do, it is really simple, you just make the scrollbar, then right, then convert it to a movie clip, then you double click it to make it a movie clip, then make it's color change, using a tween. It will loop, if you don't want it to loop, then add: "Stop;" and it will opnly loop once.

#5 user_f_ps_other

user_f_ps_other

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:55 AM

I have Macromedia Flash Mx 2004. I was wondering if you could tell me in more detail how to make the scrollbar in Flash. I am a newbie to flash. Thanks.

#6 Streetproject

Streetproject

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:58 AM

do you mean like, the Actionscript, becouse if you are, that is not were I shine in Flash, I am a bit of a newbie myself. If I told you everything, It would take a page or so, Mac. Flash is a pain, and tutorials are a pain when it comes to Flash, I am not a big fan of flash. :unsure:

#7 user_f_ps_other

user_f_ps_other

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:06 AM

No, just in more detail how to build the scrollbar in your relpy below.

Do you have Macromedia, cuz if you do, it is really simple, you just make the scrollbar, then right, then convert it to a movie clip, then you double click it to make it a movie clip, then make it's color change, using a tween. It will loop, if you don't want it to loop, then add: "Stop;" and it will opnly loop once.

#8 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:36 AM

go to the components panel. and there is a scrollbar in there and you just attach it to whatever it is you want to scroll.

#9 user_f_ps_other

user_f_ps_other

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:12 PM

I found this tutorial today for making a simple scrollbar but it does not work any ideas.

1. Create a dynamic text field and give it an instance name. (adding _txt at the end of the instance name is good practice)

2. Add some text

3. Shift-Doubleclick on the box in the lower right corner maket the dynamic textbox scrollable.

4. Add buttons for up and down scrolling.

5. Attach this script to the up button

on(release){
scrollText_txt.scroll -=1;
}

6. Attach this script to the down button

on(release){
scrollText_txt.scroll +=1;
}

7. Test Movie

#10 Streetproject

Streetproject

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:18 PM

I get stuck at Number 3 :/

#11 user_f_ps_other

user_f_ps_other

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:31 AM

I got the scrollbar to work. If you would like to know how it works please ask or i could send you the fla. file.

#12 Streetproject

Streetproject

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:53 AM

can you e-mail me the .fla?

#13 user_f_ps_other

user_f_ps_other

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:16 PM

Yes of course.

#14 kenish_01

kenish_01

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:50 AM

I think this might be help: http://www.kirupa.co...extscroller.htm

#15 user_f_ps_other

user_f_ps_other

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:35 PM

go to the components panel. and there is a scrollbar in there and you just attach it to whatever it is you want to scroll.

So if you use the scrollbar which comes with flash can you add pictures into it. If So how do you do it please.

#16 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

what do u mean add pictures into it?

#17 user_f_ps_other

user_f_ps_other

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:18 PM

I figured it out now.

#18 Andie

Andie

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:58 AM

I thought I'd just revive this thread. I got a small problem with the scrollbar. The thing is...I don't have a scrollbar component. I remember using them the last time I was using flash...but now its GONE!!!! I tried reading the tutorial on how to make the scrollbars the long way...but..I got lost.
Here is the pic of my IU components bar...
Posted Image
maybe I can get the component somewhere? Anybody has ideas?

Edited by Andie, 16 June 2007 - 12:05 PM.

#19 worldofth4

worldofth4

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:49 AM

ok i'm not the best at commponents and giving advice but i might as well give it ago. so the best way in my opinion is to use the scroll pane cause it's proberly the only component i know how to use.

1. make a seperate movieclip with the part you scroll, and position it so your center of the movie clip is at the top left of your content, the size depends on how big you want your scroll pane to be.

2. go to the library and right click ur content, movie clip you made in step 1, then click linkage and check export to action script

3. drag and drop the scroll pane onto the stage and size it to what you want, on the paramerters it will say content path, put in the name of the movie clip you made or what you called the export to action script part.

4. now you can test it and you have a scrolling. if the sizes are out you can either go to your content movieclip and reize there or resize the pane.

right hope that helps, and note that your content movie clip isn't actually on stage, your pain load it up for you. if that makes any sense.

so yah hope it helps and if you have any questions please say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users