Pixel2Life Forum: Can't remove the gap between two divs. - Programming and General Web Design - Pixel2Life Forum

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't remove the gap between two divs.

Array

#1 User is offline   Rayhavox 

• Young Padawan
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • posts 3

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

I've used an elastic template in dreamweaver with a banner, footer, 2 nav bars either side and a content area. The main issue i can't seem to fix is that inbetween the maincontent div (content in the middle) and the top content div (top content image) there is a gap. I want the maincontent div to connect to the bottom of the one above it.

Now i've looked into the padding and there is no padding above or below either div which is causing the problem and i've tried adding heights and widths and nothing seems to be working.

Posted Image

View Full Image Here

Also since i'm new to divs and dreamweaver i'd like to ask what controls the position of the divs on the page? You can set widths and heights and float divs inbetween but in the middle of my template (excluding the left and right diagonal lined margins) i can't seem to figure out what is controlling the order the divs go into the template from top to bottom.

Any help would be much appreciated! ^_^

#2 User is offline   ninja_girl 

• Young Padawan
  • Pip
  • posts 19

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:50 AM

Hi, can you please post the HTML and CSS coding for reference? I should be able to help you once I see the code. :( Thanks! :(

#3 User is offline   Jacorre 

• P2L Jedi
  • PipPipPip
  • posts 824
  • Interests:Computers, Technology, Internet, Graphic/Web Design, Music, Soccer

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

There's probably margin and/or padding on something. Are you using p tags in either section? If so, there's default margin/padding on that tag and you could remove it to see if that makes a difference.

#4 User is offline   HEki_ 

• Young Padawan
  • Pip
  • posts 167

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:12 AM

it seems like he is usin <h> for headings ... that has its own padding i think.
just put in you css for example if you are using <h2>:

h2 {
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
}

#5 User is offline   faerrleah 

• Young Padawan
  • Pip
  • posts 4

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

You need some changes in CSS file. You need to reset the top margin on the p tag.

#6 _*aprillove20_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:14 AM

Well, I totally agree faerrleah

Share this topic:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users