#1 esperant

esperant

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

Hi,

Is it just me or P2L has gone quite,? Are people too busy or what? I dont understand someone help,,,

#2 JoeyMagz

JoeyMagz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

I know Dan had some stuff going on, rc's usually on here at least once or twice a day... I have no idea where anyone else is though. I bet once they get the forum template finished people will start flooding the forums again. Just a matter of time.

#3 DanWilliamson

DanWilliamson

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:46 AM

Work work work, keeps me from visiting as much as I like to! I know Boss-man-Dan and the other cohorts are usually always around keeping an eye on everything.

#4 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

University

#5 rc69

rc69

PHP Master PD

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts
  • Interests:Web Development

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

People are so obsessed with their "Social Networks" that they can't spare a minute to take up a hobby that involves learning something new. No learning = no questions. No questions = nobody willing to stop by here :(

Edited by rc69, 20 January 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#6 esperant

esperant

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

Hmm yes that makes sense, Funny thing I post a lot whilst I am at work for some reason. Hopefully the new template will encourage more people to be active. Its the best tut site i know of so it would be great to keep it going,

#7 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

People are so obsessed with their "Social Networks" that they can't spare a minute to take up a hobby that involves learning something new. No learning = no questions. No questions = nobody willing to stop by here :(

I would have to agree.

#8 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

Yeah it really seems that with social media, general forums don't do so well any more. I run a niche costuming forum that is VERY busy and it's doing quite well, but it's very quiet here :( I miss everyone :) Glad we still have some die-hards though lol!

#9 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

p2l4life
  • Adam likes this

#10 TOreDEFINE

TOreDEFINE

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Motion Graphics, DVD Authoring, Philosophy, Religion [theory, not practice], Movies.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

I'm on a couple automotive enthusiast forums, and they seem to do very well. Could it be that another site (possibly a competitor) has taken much of the community ahold? Even in college, P2L was the go-to place for... well... everything!

#11 esperant

esperant

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

Hmm, same here I think the social media sites have made every one interested in posting their own personal photos for attention and wierd comments so people can like. Tut tut, maybe P2L should release a couple of apps to pluginto these social networks?? would that work?

#12 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

I dunno, is there such a thing? I'm open to suggestions on how we can right the ship as they say ;)

Dan

#13 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Social Network sites haven't changed me, I'm just to busy with everything else! Three nights a week I'm out playing sports and the other 2 I end up playing catch up with house work or my own projects.

#14 esperant

esperant

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:39 AM

Yes, Seblev you are right, some people are getting busy with real works I suppose...

Faken: I think its possible,, facebook has an ApI? I dont really no much about it but you can create apps for facebook maybe link the forums or tut pages so that any new works posted appears on the facebook group of p2l.. get some nice FBML pages created and I think that could be a way of displaying p2l properly on facebook perhaps?

I am working on a few things of my own in that kind of way and I am getting over over 100 likes a day and at least 60 subscription on a site I am working on.

Hope it makes sense,,

#15 DanWilliamson

DanWilliamson

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hopefully it can pick up again soon. I loved the activity levels of 2006, there was always new posts.

#16 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

Is the site itself lacking on traffic or is it just the forums? There seems to always be tutorial updates on the site, so that seems busy. People just seem a little less sociable on the internet than they used to be. They all have their facebook or twitter to be social with and it's right there in their hand so they don't have to go looking for it. Basically, facebook and twitter are catering to peoples laziness, IMO. That's not to say they are bad sites, just too much of anything can be bad.

#17 Hayden

Hayden

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

Perhaps if there was a way to tweet back and forth? I use Twitter as an example just because it's the simplest of examples. Perhaps if there were multiple options for getting involved in conversations in the community? People seem to have trended away from conversing on the computer to conversing via their mobile device.

Just thinking out loud and hoping to spark an idea.

#18 derek.sullivan

derek.sullivan

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:preaching, programming, music, friends, outdoors, moves, books

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

Dan, buy Facebook and you will never have issues again ;)

#19 Mark

Mark

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:05 AM

It is strange that certain niches on the internet have taken a large hit, while others seem to be doing quite well. Nearly every website that I used to frequent that involved photoshop tutorials, website design, graphics, or even internet gaming, has taken such a dramatic hit that forums almost seem useless. However, I am a member of an extremely busy hockey forum and I am also a member on an exercise forum, and both are booming. I'm not sure if "Photoshop Tutorials" were just a fad or what, but many of the websites that thrived off of them are nearly dead.

I think it all comes back to content being king. I hate to say it, but I have been very disappointed with P2L in the past year or two. The quality of tutorials has stayed either stagnant or grown worse over time; this surely is no way to bring in new users, nor keep existing ones.

I always did like the community here, people seemed smart and helpful. Maybe with the bit of downsizing that has been going on, this place can be a nice, friendly little resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users