• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

Well that didn't take long... after a few months my Nexus One Android phone is already fubar... I haven't dropped it or been rough with it but now I have to absolutely SMASH the power button to turn it off and on, wtf. Off to the store tomorrow for a replacement. Damn they don't build these smart phones like they used to! Back in my day they were made of die-hard blue steel!

#2 rc69

rc69

PHP Master PD

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts
  • Interests:Web Development

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

Perhaps you got a fluke. I have a HTC Hero that came out only months before the nexus i believe, and have had it for just over a year now without a problem.

Maybe investing in an HTC would do you some good :)

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

The Nexus is made by HTC ;)

#4 rc69

rc69

PHP Master PD

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Really? Hmm, did not know that. In that case, you definitely got a fluke, the next one will be better.

#5 iDadGraphics

iDadGraphics

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

"Why not just be a man and own up to wanting an iPhone! "
Near spit my drink reading that LMAO

#6 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

Why not just be a man and own up to wanting an iPhone!

Ugh no thanks... I'd rather pay $20 - $40 less a month for the same thing in a slimmer form factor and a better camera and better navigation with google maps included (I use my nav a lot lol!) :)

Plus I'm not a hippie...

Really? Hmm, did not know that. In that case, you definitely got a fluke, the next one will be better.

Well got my new one now... *grumbles* now to install all my apps again lol!

#7 rc69

rc69

PHP Master PD

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

Well got my new one now... *grumbles* now to install all my apps again lol!

Shoulda backed them up on your SD card :P Or was your phone past the point where you could consider doing that? I don't think the power button would have played a big part there, but you never know.

#8 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

*cough* Windows Phone 7 *cough*

;)

#9 JoeyMagz

JoeyMagz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

Plus I'm not a hippie...

ROFL! I just avoid Apple products altogether. I even went so far as to buy a Zune over the iPod.

#10 NGPixel

NGPixel

Senior Programmer

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Web Design : Coding : Animation

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

Ugh no thanks... I'd rather pay $20 - $40 less a month for the same thing in a slimmer form factor and a better camera and better navigation with google maps included (I use my nav a lot lol!) :)

iPhone 4 is actually slimmer than the Nexus One and it has the exact same camera specs. I'm sorry, fatal error, your argument is invalid!

#11 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

iPhone 4 is actually slimmer than the Nexus One and it has the exact same camera specs. I'm sorry, fatal error, your argument is invalid!

Oh you mean the newest model that costs more with your contract and you can't actually hold it during a call without risking a dropped call? Pass. Android ftw... $42 a month unlimited everything and 500mb BW for surfing and includes call display and voicemail. Plus no long distance charges in Canada. Find me an iPhone plan that even comes close...

#12 NGPixel

NGPixel

Senior Programmer

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

What does the iphone has anything to do with the plans?

Android sucks, I'd take a Windows Phone 7 anytime over an Android phone.

#13 rc69

rc69

PHP Master PD

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

Oh come on now, we don't need to start a flame war here. As long as it's not Apple, i think we can all agree it's worth a try ;)

#14 NGPixel

NGPixel

Senior Programmer

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

Oh come on now, we don't need to start a flame war here. As long as it's not Apple, i think we can all agree it's worth a try ;)

If it can help bring the post count per month of P2L above 5, I don't see why not :biggrin:

#15 rc69

rc69

PHP Master PD

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:05 AM

If it can help bring the post count per month of P2L above 5, I don't see why not :biggrin:

Lol, fair enough :)

#16 derek.sullivan

derek.sullivan

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:preaching, programming, music, friends, outdoors, moves, books

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

I have an adroid , HTC aria... aside from having battery issues and my screen cracking, I kinda like it. Eventually I'm going to try out the iPhone and eventually the Windows 7 phone..

#17 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

He's an apple fanboy, there's nothing you can do ;)

#18 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:51 PM

okay, I just had to get into this argument now..haha

Android FTW.

My android phone is pretty much the same length and width as the iphone 4, a little bit less thick, has a larger screen size with AMOLED.

Plus everyone knows the iphone is for the technically crippled.

Android phone + root = do anything you want, customize the hell out of it to the point it doesn't even look like an android OS phone. Can I do this with iphone? not at all.

Camera quality? mine has 5MP, 720p Video camera, same as iphone, but when you take two same photos and compare, mine has less grain :)
Battery life? about the same.

Last but not least, internal memory, oh the lovely internal memory, mine has 64GB MicroSD card, easily swap, do whatever.

plus SWYPE for texting = AMAZING!!

honestly the iphone has nothing on the android.
Mine also has multitasking quick application swap, folders, widgets, LIVE WALLPAPER, real GPS navigation that uses SATELLITE, as well as have Google Maps 5.o (obviously as it's android).

Now wanna know the best part? ;)
Fully integration of Google voice, that means I dont have to open google voice to make google voice calls, in fact nobody except myself knows my real cellphone number, all calls i make shows my google voice number, people call my google voice to get a hold of me, all text messages go to google voice, all voicemail goes to google voice, I can check my VM and text in my email as well! how cool is that? :D Why do I use google voice? Mainly, if a number keeps calling me just black list them, or I put my contacts in groups such as Work, Family, Friends, so if I'm on vacation I put "Work" contacts on straight to voicemail, so only friends and family can reach me everybody else goes straight to VM...

Android is just better feature wise, customizeable, so on and so forth :D

Mine is also on the 4G network, tested it out, my download speed is 8MB/sec down, and Upload is 4MB/up via Speedtest.net.
How much do I pay per month (well im an add a line on someones plan),
but I pay

$30/month, this gives my phone unlimited text, internet, GPS.

what would the iphone cost for this? I dont want to know.

if you really must know, if I was on a single plan, with 450minutes on my same carrier, it would cost me $79.99/mo

how much does an iphone 4 cost for 450min, unlimited texting, unlimited internet(no 5gb cap or whatever), unlimited GPS, oh ya, and TV as well. :)

and any cell phone i call no matter WHAT carrier, it doesn't count against my minutes, so...I technically have unlimited minutes cause I never call landlines anymore ;)

and I dunno if iphone charges extra for visual voicemail as well, but even without googlevoice, I get free visual voicemail, honestly the iphone = not as customizeable, way overpriced plans, etc etc...

forgot one more thing

Android has OFFICIAL FLASH SUPPORT.!

Edited by l3lueMage, 16 February 2011 - 09:59 PM.

#19 _*jonbey_*

_*jonbey_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:36 AM

I still have my G1. Seems pretty solid. My son has thrown it a few times and it is still working OK. Although battery life sucks.

#20 Mark

Mark

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:09 AM

I have an HTC Eris, and it's kind of a pile. But I've had it over a year now and it has served me well. I will say, I really miss having a keyboard. I'm on Verizon and have an upgrade in October... however, I don't think I'll be going with the iPhone. I always seem to have the "other" brand of what is popular... back when iPods first came out I had some Dell Jukebox thing, I have somewhat of an iPhone knock off, etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users