Photo

Help me with my stupid laptop!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Was the song/recording ok? What can be improved, and how?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Overall

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dirk Black

Dirk Black

Sir Emo Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:C4D graphic artwork and design, music (guitar songwriting vocals.) Painting, photography, video games.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:40 PM

So I got a really freakin sweet like two thousand dollar IMAC at like an awesome price and I am working on recording some of my music with the IMovie program, what should I use to effect the sound in the video, like maybe add reverb or a chorus effect, is this possible or will I have to recapture with a different program? I barely know anything about macs, I just figured out I can still do my keyboard shortcuts I just have to use command instead of control.. anyway, here is the link. I hope you guys dont think I am just shamelessly self promoting my song, which I am. But not on here, I am taking care of that with the title and everything on youtube lol..

Low Def

High Def

#2 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

That is pretty sweet. That would be cool as an MP3 so I could add that to my collection. :biggrin: Thanks for sharing that here.

Best Regards,

Jason :)

#3 Mark

Mark

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:07 AM

I usually record my songs in Logic (although GarageBand will work just fine) and doctor them a bit, then basically record a video of me lip syncing the song. That way I have full control over the music. Might be worth it.

#4 NGPixel

NGPixel

Senior Programmer

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Web Design : Coding : Animation

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

If you're looking at professional DAW options for Mac, Reaper ($40) and Logic ($500) are good choices. (I'm a big fan of Reaper though)

GarageBand does the job just fine if you only need basic options.

You shouldn't record music in iMovie though! :biggrin:

#5 Dirk Black

Dirk Black

Sir Emo Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:C4D graphic artwork and design, music (guitar songwriting vocals.) Painting, photography, video games.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

ok cool thanks for the suggestions guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users