34 replies to this topic

#21 matdwyer

matdwyer

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:01 PM

lol... don't mess with donna! Fraud buster! lol....

If it's really that big of a deal to have ads on your website, set something up through a suitable trustworthy adult... I'm sure if the adds where in a legal guardians name there wouldn't be any issues....

#22 Darkness

Darkness

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:36 PM

im only fourteen but i use adsense. ask your mom or dad if you can register under their name, as said before :)

#23 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:38 PM

im only fourteen but i use adsense. ask your mom or dad if you can register under their name, as said before :)

Wrong. You get them to enter into the contract.

#24 Maxx-Designs

Maxx-Designs

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:38 AM

It says at registratyion payee must be at least 18, not the publisher. So if your younger you can put ads on your site aslong as the payee is over 18. See the reason google doesnt let minors do it is so they can cover themselves leagally.

This is what i think, but dont quote me like jay,z said :)

#25 Vouksh

Vouksh

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:45 PM

Yea, for US residents, you have to fill in your W9 info. And for us, you start getting those when you have a fulltime job, which you can get at 16. So actually you can be 16 or older if your from the US. I used my real birthdate to sign-up (Jan 27, 1989) and it took it. Unfotunately I don't have a full time job, so I couldn't fill out the form, and just had them close my account.

#26 sheep

sheep

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:57 PM

i had my dad do it for me...he dont mind at all. you dont need any cc details at all.

#27 codie

codie

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, graphic design, computer games, GIRLS, going to movies, mountain biking, music, playing guitar, eating, traveling around the world and taking phtographs, thats all i can think of for now.

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:36 AM

i remember being 13 and stupid (even though im 14 and still stupid) i had an account with fraud bday but i closed it down 5 mnths ago and put the name of my mum and her details

its only fair she gets repaid for the domain name and hosting

althouh its unfare wen she earns [amount removed] A YEAR FROM IT

Moderator Edit: You can't disclose exact amounts according to Google's TOS

Edited by Jaymz, 11 November 2005 - 04:31 PM.

#28 AnDy89

AnDy89

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:24 PM

its easier if you're outside of the US.

tbh i dont know what DOB i entered, i think i entered my real 1, anyway its all addressed to me and the money came through just fine, just got a weird look in the bank for having a cheque (thats check yanks) from google

#29 arcath

arcath

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:42 PM

I am under 18 (15 to b persise) adn i hate it, i know have 2 Domains, a paypal account and wil be getting adsense (they turned me down cause my site isnt up yet). All this is in my Dads name!! I even get payed to web design, for my dads company ;)

#30 Veej

Veej

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:31 AM

I am not sure at all, but one of my friends uses Never Blue Ads (www.nbads.com).

He is under 18 and says they do not mind under 18's using their services (I believe he is paid via Paypal).

However, do not quote me on this - I may be totally wrong!
Just a suggestion :huh:

#31 SKETCHi

SKETCHi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:52 PM

No reputable company will go into a business relationship with children under 18.

If you are under 18 and would like to make money from your website, have your parents sign-up for you. They can cash the checks and give the money to you.

If a company knows you are under aged and will still accept you, and send you checks, I would start Googling "Company Name Scam".

As for putting in fake birth dates... It's up to you, but I wouldn't want my name attached to something like that. Seems like something that would bite you in the ass later on in life.

#32 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:04 PM

No reputable company will go into a business relationship with children under 18.

Actually a lot do more than you think, take a look around your world. Kids make up a larger portion of our advertizing world than we think look at your TV for example :)

As for web ads for under 18 well as I replied somewhere on this once before be extremely careful if your parents are signing for you it will be your parents hit by the taxman not you and some countries require you MUST declare that income and if its going in your bank accounts or whatever it will all trace back. Easy to lie on ages on the web but try lying to someone looking at your yearly income. Even if you say your allowed to earn so much before tax remember its in your parents name so it doesn't count.

#33 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:02 PM

Well if you are under 18 what you can do is ask your prents about it and they could use all there stuff so the cheque is sent to them and then they give the money to you ;)

dEcade

#34 Live4Him2007

Live4Him2007

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Web Development, Graphic Design, writing, <br /><br />guitar, singing (badly), Sci-Fi : )

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

do what I do!
I just use my moms birthdate!

Well, that's different....haha

- if not a bit sneaky :)

BTW, you might not want to post that kinda thing on these forums. They tend to get a lot of traffic.

;)

L4H

#35 AvengeX

AvengeX

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:d&amp;b

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:57 PM

Either have your own ads system, similar to that of Zymic and my site, where the money goes straight to you, or just get paid by local people to make websites for them. You've gotta be a good business person for that kind of thing, but I'm working with a neighbour on his new cars site at the moment. Getting good money for it, maybe go down that route?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users