#1 MalDON

MalDON

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:DeviantART, PHP, Techno, Empire Earth 2, Halo 2

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:17 PM

I just noticed that on the Xbox homepage they have a countdown until the time MTV airs the first showing of the next gen Xbox.

Info can be found here: http://www.xbox.com/...05/0411-mtv.htm

Lets speculate on what will be shown. I hope for wireless controllers and a removable HD.

#2 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:44 PM

Any Pics so i can laugh? ;)

#3 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Programming and stuff.

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:19 AM

http://news.gamingho...660580.926.html
http://news.gamingho...658600.925.html
http://www.hellogame...egory/xbox-360/
http://engadget.com/...34000490042605/
http://www.gizmodo.c...all--102472.php

#4 MalDON

MalDON

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:32 AM

If the rumors are true, this will be the coolest console ever created.

#5 EUTHANATOS

EUTHANATOS

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:41 AM

I would still use PS2 Im not hyped on X-BoX they have nothing that Sony has. and I'm talking experience. Standalone if X-BoX were not being funded by Mr. Gates mounds of cash It would NEVER be what it is. It would be an Atari Jaguar on steroids and nothing more. The size of its controllers when it first came out showed the lack of maturity and the "rush" to get it to the floor. I can honestly say that Sony has better product right now. I've gamed all my life, was Blockbuster Champon back in the early-mid 90's when they did their tournament thing. I've owned ever gaming console. Imports of the famicon and other consoles. Sony just has experience, patience and most of the choice game titles btw. One can't survive on Halo forever.

#6 Atomica

Atomica

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Music-Art

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:08 AM

yea ive been waiting for the MTV expo of the xbox 360 forever.
I heard it will be released sometime during the summer, it looks sic.

#7 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:20 AM

...if X-BoX were not being funded by Mr. Gates mounds of cash It would NEVER be what it is. ...

Every project needs money, the xBox just happens to have one of the richest men in the world behind it. You can't say something is crap because it's well funded.

#8 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:42 AM

xbox 360..

they should do a 180 and re-consider in my opinion

#9 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 12:17 PM

its only 360 because ps3 sounds better apparently.... something about it sounding more hightech... i dont care... it looks slick.... and i prefer the large controlers... when you get used to them they are the comfyest things in ze world......
i am not one of the halo players.... just to put that straight.... i love the first but the second is a large mound of the brown stuff.........
i hope the next xbox-live is as good as the current.... i heard some stuff about in built webcams... so you WILL have a pic of yourself next to your gamer tag.... i must make myself pretty :)... or poeple will be in shock...

#10 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 12:48 PM

not sure ima fan of that color scheme they have goin on...i'd heard the rumors aboot the "platinum white finish" and all that crap, but i think it wont be shiny enough...lol...ill prob stick w/ps2 anyway cuz its the best imho..

intersting pt one of those guys made about how the leaks are in fact, "leaks" to generate consumer interest....gaahh....these damn corporations know everything!!! :)!!!

#11 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:53 PM

I would still use PS2 Im not hyped on X-BoX they have nothing that Sony has. and I'm talking experience. Standalone if X-BoX were not being funded by Mr. Gates mounds of cash It would NEVER be what it is. It would be an Atari Jaguar on steroids and nothing more. The size of its controllers when it first came out showed the lack of maturity and the "rush" to get it to the floor. I can honestly say that Sony has better product right now. I've gamed all my life, was Blockbuster Champon back in the early-mid 90's when they did their tournament thing. I've owned ever gaming console. Imports of the famicon and other consoles. Sony just has experience, patience and most of the choice game titles btw. One can't survive on Halo forever.

I love this guy lol,He speaks with true wisdom :ph34r:

#12 MalDON

MalDON

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:39 PM

Yea, I have to admit that xbox does have some crappy games, but I have yet to see a playstation go Hi-def, have a stock built in hd, and all the other features. If you like sony, thats fine, I personally hate the playstation controllers, the edges are too geometric. The xbox controllers fit my hand witht he curves.

#13 Blitz

Blitz

Jedi In Training

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Php, html, css, etc, band, trumpet, anime, my dog, TV, computers, video games, sleeping, marching band, sleeping, jazz, sleeping, metal, sleeping, classic rock, sleeping, music, jazz band, did I mention sleeping?, kicking the hell out of kids that won't take the time to spell or use proper grammar, my website, etc.

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:54 PM

Yea, I have to admit that xbox does have some crappy games, but I have yet to see a playstation go Hi-def, have a stock built in hd, and all the other features. If you like sony, thats fine, I personally hate the playstation controllers, the edges are too geometric. The xbox controllers fit my hand witht he curves.

Yeah, because we all know that graphics and removable hard drives make a console great. Seriously, the PS2 has way better games, and that's what makes it great.

I think the idea of making it skinnable is kind of stupid, just another way to get money.

#14 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:59 PM

I think the idea of making it skinnable is kind of stupid, just another way to get money.

amen. damn money hungry people. why cant we just stick to one consule and make some good games...... i would much prefer a good game over a good consule with no good games. whats the point of that.....

#15 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:28 PM

buy an xbox 360 and have two computers to play games on

or buy a ps3 and have a pc, AND a console to play games on

simple no? :)

#16 MalDON

MalDON

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

Yea, its funny how consols are almost to the point of containing a full os. Its bad enough people got linux on an xbox.

#17 Jeepinator

Jeepinator

The Jeepinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:10 PM

it will bve sad if i get the 360 b/c its 3.0 ghz processor will own my slow Pc heh heh.

I use the controller S and it doesnt show they rushed the release of it. The controllers are comfortable but not good for smaller hands. They didnt market the thing for pubescent little kids with tiny hands. But when it started appealing to them they released a suitable controller. If I play too long with the S my hands get sore and i switch to the big fat one.

but I would rather have this:

http://www2.trekbike.../2100/index.php

#18 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:22 AM

Well sme people here sure arent to joyful bout this...Wheres Shiv to start arguing lol <_<

#19 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:16 AM

You can get your xBox chipped and you can run windows media center on it. That's possibly the only reason to get an xBox.

#20 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:43 AM

Dont forget know...Chipping is illegal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users