banner

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 _*dragonbotsw_*

_*dragonbotsw_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:36 AM

um, what program did you use to create the pixel2life banner. I really like the surface of it. If it's in lightwave i would like to use the surface for a little monster project i'm doing of thats okay...

could anyone tell me?

#2 _*Jaymz_*

_*Jaymz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:45 AM

I'm pretty sure he did it in Bryce...

#3 _*dragonbotsw_*

_*dragonbotsw_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:57 AM

whats bryce? my friend made something close to it... here i'll get the image, its similar but more complicated in a way and the surfacing is different

#4 _*FaultySanity_*

_*FaultySanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:32 AM

I think it was 3dsm, because it looks a little to "uneven" for bryce.

#5 _*Jaymz_*

_*Jaymz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:45 AM

Yeah maybe....

#6 _*mYth_*

_*mYth_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:24 PM

I hate bryce, Its only use is to get noobs into 3d rendering.. LightWave Kicks them all.

How did he do the pixelization effect?

#7 _*Jaymz_*

_*Jaymz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:55 PM

There's a tutorial in this forum for the pixelization. As for bryce, I use it for abstract renders...

#8 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:09 AM

I hate bryce, Its only use is to get noobs into 3d rendering.. LightWave Kicks them all.

How did he do the pixelization effect?

The object itself is a 3dsmax abstract and the pixelation effect was done in Corel Photopaint... the tutorial for it is here: http://www.pixel2lif...als.php?ID=5556

You can probably easily follow this tutorial in Photoshop for the same effect :unsure:

Faken

#9 _*Jaymz_*

_*Jaymz_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:48 AM

The tutorial is the same, but you have to use a layer transparency mask (not sure what its called in photopaint)

#10 _*mYth_*

_*mYth_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:20 PM

Awseome, Ive never tried Photpaint before I think Ill go out and try it.... I really DO like the effect and would like to use it on my new version of my site if its ok with you?

Dont want to seem as a copy cat but i really do love the effect...

#11 _*z77_*

_*z77_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 04:50 PM

why would you hate bryce? because its for newbs?
Doesnt make much since. Its the only program where I can click 3 buttons and have an amazing picture in less than 10 minutes :)

Whats bad about that, it may be easy, but if your trying to make life hard for yourself, instead of using photoshop, use paint shop pro.

Might not be the best program for all users, but if I ever need a quick abstract that looks amazing, I always turn to bryce first ;)

#12 _*Jaymz_*

_*Jaymz_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:10 PM

Well said :)

#13 _*mYth_*

_*mYth_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:16 PM

Ohhh no PSP SUCKS!!! Photoshop is the best thing since paint... PSP has nothing over Photoshop.

Thats exactly the reason why I hate bryce, what you call a picture is not buety in my eyes. Bryce doesnt too well of anything.

#14 _*Jaymz_*

_*Jaymz_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:33 PM

I use PSP for its one touch photo touchups, thats it. You can do amazing things with bryce and a little patience...

#15 _*z77_*

_*z77_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:07 PM

PSP was all I had until a few months ago. You can do pretty much everything in PSP that you can in photoshop. It just takes more time.

#16 _*dragonbotsw_*

_*dragonbotsw_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:12 PM

I use photoshop as well. You can make a pixelization effect in photoshop by going to filter>pixelate>mosiac and then just input some values.. you can add a nifty grid to make it look better with low transparency

#17 _*dragonbotsw_*

_*dragonbotsw_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:15 PM

yeah my friend made somethng like that... how do you post images.. i would like to show you... anyways I was wondering whether somebody could come up with a lightwave tutorial or just how to render it in general. My friend did something similar and he says instead of weaving this blob thing in and out, u can just use rings and fake the effect. Is this how you did it?
I've created a model, but I was wondering how you did the surfacing also.

Also, you said that bryce and 3d max have abstract object generators. Does n/e one know if there is a function like that in Lightwave? Lol I worked my ass off this morning trying to create some blob like liquid that flows around itself in knots. I used rings but the seams are a little bit messy...

#18 _*FaultySanity_*

_*FaultySanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2004 - 12:55 AM

why would you hate bryce? because its for newbs?
Doesnt make much since. Its the only program where I can click 3 buttons and have an amazing picture in less than 10 minutes :)

Whats bad about that, it may be easy, but if your trying to make life hard for yourself, instead of using photoshop, use paint shop pro.

Might not be the best program for all users, but if I ever need a quick abstract that looks amazing, I always turn to bryce first ;)

Becuase:

-Yes, Noobs use it

-Its to obvoius its bryce, its too restricting

-Cant make complex objects (extuded faces, etc) only using basic shapes

-Horrible render times

-Materials are good ;)

#19 _*z77_*

_*z77_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:06 AM

Your correct, n00bs and newbs use bryce. But then again, they also use photoshop, 3dsm, maya, and basically any other program out there.

Its only obviously bryce if you dont know how to use it.

Your comment of not being able to make complex objects is completly invalid. This shows that you never learned the program to the point of modeling in it.

Your comment of horrible render times is also invalid. If you make the same material in bryce and any other rendering program, and apply them to the same objects, they will take about the same amount of time to render.

What did you mean by materials are good?

#20 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:58 AM

I used to be one of those "this sucks and that sucks I only need this" kinda guy, until one fellow completely disarmed me by saying "No good artist uses only one brush."

Faken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users