15 replies to this topic

#1 edskii

edskii

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

Hey, I'm keen to learn Flash but dont really know where to start.

How did you get to know the program?, What tutorials did you use to help.

I've briefly gone through the Flash tutorial section of the site, but there is just too many to choose from.

So what do you recommend to start learning first? Easy-to-follow tutorial links would be great!

Thanks a lot!

Ed

#2 MaRmAR

MaRmAR

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:18 AM

Me personally started learning Flash from its version 4.0, so I saw all the changes coming out with every newer version of Flash. :D You should start watching out for some simple tutorials like Kirupa has on his www.kirupa.com web. That's pretty nice resource for learning. Also maybe Spoono (www.spoono.com) can help you...

Edit: and don't forget to use "Help..." in Flash! Sometimes it is pretty helpful :D

#3 user_f_ps_other

user_f_ps_other

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:54 AM

Check out this website it may help you out. It covers the basics in flash for animation from Motion Tween to Frame by Frame. Need help please reply see you around.

Web Link

#4 _*scrivener07_*

_*scrivener07_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:01 AM

I started by following the basic stock lessons that come with flash that teach you how to move around shapes and tweens and stuff. once you have a very basic grip on that. I found a great tutorial on how to make a basic Full Flash site Here. once you get that you can really get off the ground with that. Hope I helped.

#5 pr0jekt

pr0jekt

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Anything Web.. mostly coding

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:13 AM

i'd prolly start off at flashkit and then after you've mastered the controls u can come over to P2L and try some of our tutorials :)

#6 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:54 AM

I started with Flash 2... :D that was amazing at that time..
I've learned flash through some books..
Since FlashMX got so big, coz of AS2 and many more functions, I've started from the "scratch" with a official Macromedia Book that they use for the Certification, pretty good.
here the link

Training from the Source

#7 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:19 PM

dont waste your money on a book. there is a tutorial for everything you ever want to do online. just gotta find it. Flashkit.com has some good tutorials but alot of them are for older versions or dont work but worth a look. another good place is here just look for the more basic tutorials. check out how to make a motion tween, shape tween, symbols, and dont worry about any coding until you have the animation side to it down. learn those 3 things i just mentioned first though and also the tools.

#8 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

if you want to learn to draw and stuff go to http://www.freeflashtutorials.com

dEcade

#9 kschembri

kschembri

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:22 PM

Choose the very first tutorial then do it.
Then do the second tutorial and do it.

Do atleast 9 - 12 of these until u get to no the chops.
Then roam around for yourself.

#10 Ki's Empire

Ki's Empire

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:57 PM

I've been following these series of tutorials at Web Developers Notes.
It starts Here
but it's for version 4 so there are bound to be stuff not covered in it.
Still, I'm finding this site extremely useful, it's very clear and explains everything.

KIWI :)

#11 emory

emory

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:54 PM

dont waste your money on a book. there is a tutorial for everything you ever want to do online. just gotta find it. Flashkit.com has some good tutorials but alot of them are for older versions or dont work but worth a look. another good place is here just look for the more basic tutorials. check out how to make a motion tween, shape tween, symbols, and dont worry about any coding until you have the animation side to it down. learn those 3 things i just mentioned first though and also the tools.

I would dis agree here. I own many books and use them all. It helps when I want to know something and am able to look it up. Plus it makes for good reading material when in the thinking room. LOL :)
Every one learns dif. some have to be shown others have to be told then some need to read it for them selves.
Each person must figure out for ones self what is right for them.
Just my thought, if books work for you, then go for it.

#12 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:18 AM

im just saying that cause everything u need to learn flash is on the net. i mean ye a book can help out alot also but save yourself the 35 bucks or whatever and use the internet. but hey if u want a book on it go for it.

#13 emory

emory

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:33 AM

I agree Cory all can be found on net but maybe it is cause I am getting older and do not want to read alot from screen cause it starts to hurt my eyes after a day or so stairing at it. lol. I hate to discurage any one from picking up a book and reading.
You are right though most can be found on web.

#14 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:51 PM

I'm not saying I would just learn by books.. but there is so much junk on the net (specially AS2) that you should learn by your own with a book.
I've also learned a lot from flashkit or actionscript.org
But still every good designer/coder has 100's of books in their working room.

Emory: We think the same about getting older, reading a book.. :lol:

#15 FlashGameboy

FlashGameboy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Mostly flash but im trying to work on Maya and some<br />signiture design

Posted 23 July 2005 - 08:53 PM

i kind of have to go to the book side, just go buy a book from like barnes@nobles and if you don't like it they will let you return it. I like books better because i have not seen a good web tut yet.

Edited by FlashGameboy, 23 July 2005 - 08:56 PM.

#16 Maxx-Designs

Maxx-Designs

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:05 PM

Im also keen to learn flash so i will use these links to! thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users