• This topic is locked This topic is locked
188 replies to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:55 PM

Summer is almost here, and as promised, we are having CONTESTS with LOADS of prizes and free loot for you to take home! We're happy to announce our first of many contests and welcome anyone to join in on the fun!

MAKE THE MEDIA

Who: Pixel2life.com proudly announces the first official contest of 2005, generously sponsored by the good folks at Macromedia.com! You could win part of the $1600 in prizes!!

Anyone can enter the contest... doesn't matter where you live! We will ship out the prize anywhere in the world that has a postal service. Please note that Pixel2life.com and Twodded staff members are not eligible to win prizes in this contest, however they are more than welcome to submit content for the media center.

What: This contest is a graphics style contest, but it's pretty wide open if you use your imagination! We are looking for digital media themed after our current version 2 site layout! If can be anything!

Examples: Wallpapers, Icons, Winamp Skins, other application skins, 3D Models, Logos, Banners, Affiliate Icons, T-Shirt Logos. As long as it has a Pixel2life.com website theme, you can enter it!

There are no size limites, however please note that anything larger than 9MB will not get through the mail server. If your entry is larger than 9MB, please arrange alternative means of getting the file to us by emailing us using the info email, or send me a private message. You can submit as many times as you like, but bear in mind that if you submit 20 times, your name is entered only once in the radmon drawing if you do not win for Best Entry.

If you need a copy a copy of our logo, you can grab a PNG version here: large Logo or Small Logo

Where: All submissions must be EMAILED to info (at) pixel2life.com (replace (at) with @). Please be sure to submit your attachments, description of the entry, what it was made with and your contact information. Mailing address information is not required unless you win a prize.

Why: All submissions to the contest become the legal property of Pixel2life Studios. Your submissions may end up in a future media download page in the resource center area of the site. Credit will always given to the original author if we use your submission.

When: Contest ends June 30th 2005 at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time. Entries submitted after that time are not Eligible for this contest.

Special thanks to Macromedia, official sponsor of the Make The Media contest!

Posted Image

The Prizes: 2 lucky winners will be taking home a full version of Macromedia Studio MX 2004 Professional - a $800 value each! The Pixel2life.com staff will judge and vote on all the entries to determine who has the best entry overall. The author of the submission with the most votes wins a copy of Macromedia Studio MX 2004 Professional! In addition to the top winner taking home a prize, another winner will be randomly drawn from all the participants of the contest. The selected name also scores her/himself a copy of Macromedia Studio MX 2004 Professional!

Prizes include the cost of shipping! Winners will be announced within 2 weeks of contest closing. Winners will be notified of their winnings via email and have 30 days to claim the prize by replying to the email with their complete name and mailing address. Unclaimed prizes are used for future contests.

We are also asking you webmasters out there to please help spread the word! Please help people know about this contest on your site, and if you would like to post a banner, here's a contest banner you can use. Just link the banner to this forum page!

Posted Image

Good luck to everyone and please feel free to post any questions or comments in this thread. DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRY ON THE FORUM!!

Enjoy!

Faken

QUESTIONS ANSWERED:

Q. Is the macromedia stuff all that you can win for example do runners up get pens, t-shirst etc etc
A. This particular contest does not include any "Swag" prizes. Only the two software packages are up for grabs!

Q. So we can make anything like banners, skins, wallpapers, etc... as long as it's about P2L?
A. Exactly... we want to offer the best entries later on in our media area that we're designing.

Q. would a psd of the p2l logo be avaliable for download so users could use it for their entries?
A. There isn't one actually lol! Long story, but you can just copy the one from our site and cut around it. I'll see what I can offer tonight... keep your eye on this topic for an update.

Q. By the way you said it must have to do something with p2l does this also includes to the blue/green color scheme?
A. Well it probably should if you're going for a P2L Theme, but that's really up to you.

Q. Can you please rate for us what you are intersted in more: skins, 3D Models, Logos, Banners, Affiliate Icons etc...?
A. Well I can't speak for the rest of the staff (We will all be voting on the entries), but I personally would love to see a quality Winamp Skin submitted. I change skins weekly so I'm a bit of a fanatic <3

Q. I have a question. Should you include your .psd if you make it in photoshop?
A. It's not really necessary but we'd appreciate it if we need to edit something for the media center.

Q. What font is the pixel2life banner at the top?
A. Impact

Q. How will the entries be judged?
A. Staff will be voting on the entries. We'll start off by voting for the top 5, then have a final vote on those 5.

Q. Do we have to submit everything at one time or can we submit as we finish each one?
A. Doesn't matter in the slightest.

Q. how many things can you enter, say if you wanted to enter a banner, 3D and wallpaper could you enter all 3 of them?
A. Yes - See the "What" portion of the announcement.

Q. if I included the PSD file to so you guys can change the color will my entry be based as is or how it potentially could look with a tiny bit of editing?
A. It will be judged on what you deliver, not how "it could look".

Q. Can i make a skin for this game?
A. You can make anything your heart desires as long as it's in a digital format and has a Pixel2life theme to it.

Q. well i guess i have to "re-submit" my t-shirt and wallpaper. am I allowed to do that?
A. Yes, it will count as an additional entry

Q. I though Macromedia was bought by Adobe?
A. They own the company called Macromedia. If I buy Disney World, chances are I won't call it something else.

Q. If I submit an swf, do you want me to include the fla?
A. Yes please. Just zip it all up together and email it in!

Q. This can be absolutely anything right?
A. Absolutely.

Q. How big does the wallpaper have to be?
A. If you decide to create a wallpaper for your entry, it can be whatever size you like. You should probably give some serious thought to designing a version for every major resolution.

Q. Ok then. What do you mean by icons aswell?
A. You can create P2L icons... as in the icons on your desktop for your shortcuts and such.

Q. Can I do a *cough* uprated *cough* website design of P2L Pwetty pwease?
A. Sorry, that's not considered media that users can use.

Q. Along with creating a banner, would it be okay to create a few mascot designs for P2L?
A. Absolutely... I've been trying to come up with an official mascot for quite awhile.

If you don't see your question(s) answered here, it's because it's already part of the announcement and you just need to re-read it :hi:

I'll update this section as I get time :)

#2 Xanderdude

Xanderdude

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:Radio controlled flying and Digital art,Web<br />And a little gaming if im bored

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:11 PM

Lovely Faken and other crew members.. Cant start on a concept now cause im sick but im deffinetly going to be in.. Thinking about a player skin. By the way you said it must have to do something with p2l does this also includes to the blue/green color scheme?

Greetings,
Xander

#3 bobbobicus

bobbobicus

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign.. I'm a geek!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:12 PM

WOW... :o

i'm gonna be brushing up my graphic skills later... this definatly seems worth while...

Never really been into competitions before but this has made me gobsmacked :huh:

sponsored by macromedia... aint they adobe now...? well whatever ill be entering :)

can you enter more than one thing?

one question, would a psd of the p2l logo be avaliable for download so users could use it for their entries?

Questions merged by: Donna

Edited by Donna, 30 May 2005 - 02:35 PM.

#4 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:13 PM

yay.. let's go for it guys

Faken & Crew, thanks again for this chance. :huh:

#5 Xanderdude

Xanderdude

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:Radio controlled flying and Digital art,Web<br />And a little gaming if im bored

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

Better use the airbrushing skills on it :huh:. I feel kinda better atm so i might draw something out

#6 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Programming and stuff.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:16 PM

Cool, would enter but I suck at graphics and already have studio MX.

#7 syndrome

syndrome

P2L patient #4819

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop, Tennis, PS2, web design, CS:S

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:18 PM

Great :huh: :)

1. Can the submission be any filesize or is ther a limit
2. How many different things can you submit
3. Is the macromedia stuff all that you can win for example do runners up get pens, t-shirst etc etc

#8 Xanderdude

Xanderdude

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:18 PM

Cool, would enter but I suck at graphics and already have studio MX.

Another one for reselling is always handy :huh:

#9 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:19 PM

Nice comp, good luck to all that enter this.

#10 _*Power_*

_*Power_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:21 PM

So we can make anything like banners, skins, wallpapers, etc... as long as it's about P2L?

#11 TwyLight

TwyLight

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:28 PM

I live in the Netherlands. Can i enter to? :) :huh:

#12 MalDON

MalDON

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:DeviantART, PHP, Techno, Empire Earth 2, Halo 2

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:35 PM

Faken, you must have done some sweet talking with macromedia to get this thing going.

#13 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:46 PM

Contest ends June 30th 2005 at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.  Entries submitted after that time are not illegible for this contest.

Illegible = unreadable

Eligible = can enter or recieve items from a contest

:huh:

Cant wait to get in on this! itll be great!

[edit] lol...fixed it i guess...nvmind :)

#14 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:49 PM

Please see the bottom of the announcement for answers to your questions :huh: I will update the question answer area as often as I can.

Bird - Oops... thanks for the heads up :)

MalDON - yes, I have a very sexy phone voice that woos companies into handing me software :o

Faken

#15 .::TG::.

.::TG::.

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:24 PM

Wow! I like your new layouts design :huh: I'm new here.. May I join?
I have a Q. :

-Can you please rate for us what you are intersted in more: skins, 3D Models, Logos, Banners, Affiliate Icons etc...?

#16 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:35 PM

Wow! I like your new layouts design :huh: I'm new here.. May I join?
I have a Q. :

-Can you please rate for us what you are intersted in more: skins, 3D Models, Logos, Banners, Affiliate Icons etc...?

i think the bigger the better to be honest, if you spend two minutes on a 88x31 then its not worth trying, on the other hand if alot of effort is given to your entry then it'll be higher up in the ranking :)

#17 Apache

Apache

P2L Jedi

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:43 PM

Can twodded staff enter, as twodded is related to Pixel2Life?

#18 alexames

alexames

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign / Graphics / Cars

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:00 PM

Thats ace, gonna get to work now. :) :huh: Goodwork Faken!

#19 p0iz

p0iz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:24 PM

Sounds awesome! Great prizes. I might enter, although I most likely have no chance at winning.

Lol, it's funny that most of the people who have replied to this look like good designers just by looking at their sigs :).

#20 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

Can twodded staff enter, as twodded is related to Pixel2Life?

nope :)

as Twodded staff you are also considered Pixel2Life staff, and because of this, you aren't eligable to enter

sorry :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users